3/28 Amazing Race -- Anonymous?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by BaileyCatts, Mar 29, 2010.

1. sodapop

sodapop New Member

Watched this off the DVR this morning and I immediately started fast forwarding to the end when the cowboys left the bottle on the boat. Luckily it was non elimination and hopefully with the flights next week they'll be equalized, but they look pretty out of it in the previews. The final line of the night, "you should write a country song" was classic. I just love 'em.

Either these teams haven't been long time viewers or they edited it, because how can anyone resist yelling, "my ox is broken!" In fact, I probably would have yelled "my ox is broken" with the tortoise.

2. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Yes this is a great season. And I thought of Colin and his broken ox comment, a classic.
    Brent & Caite - can't decide if they belong together as sometimes they seem perfect, or they should break up. They definitely should not have kids. They amuse, but I can't stand it when Caite says 'It's not fair'. What a baby.
    Not knowing where the Seychelles is, or never heard of - I don't mind that too much, but they don't seem embarassed that they don't know is what bothers me.
    Father & daughter - they showed them- wow. I like them, but do wonder if they will be hitting cold weather. Does she have shoes?
    Duhtectives - love that name, so perfect, but ok if they win.
    Carol & Brandy - I think they should break up, I do not like the under current I feel when they bicker.
    Cowboys, hope they can rebound.
    Interesting with Brent&Caite and Duhtectives on mat with Phil completely dissing Carol & Brandy. Seemed mean in a way.
    Isn't it funny that all the teams they messed up the coconut challenge, left 'one' behind. None left 2. Just amusing.

3. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

I had never heard of the Seychelles until I watched the 48 Hours episode about the stripper in Alaska who had planned to escape to the Seychelles with her murder accomplice. I had no idea where it was - just figured it was remote and far away based on that.

That's two episodes in a row that the cowboys had trouble due to difficulty with details. I sure hope they can step it up, cause they're my faves!

I'm not sure what it is with the Duhtectives, but I just can't get on board with them. I find something very off-putting about them, but I admit that they are running a good race as of late.

4. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

Years ago I set up a pension for a retiree who was living in the Seychelles, and I got to know him fairly well through the process. He loved it there because it was a simple life in a tropical paradise. But don't expect a lot of infrastructure. About every three months he'd call me because his pension check would get stolen in Nairobi...:rolleyes: He used to say that if you don't mind the lack of technology, it was a wonderful place to live.

I have to agree, this is an excellent season. And you just had to know that Carol and Brandy had to be safe the way they showed the other contestants wishing they would be gone. That's always a sure sign that they wouldn't be Philiminated. :D

5. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Oh thanks. I didn't know they kept them locked in at the Pit Stop. I always thought they just kinda had a 12 hour break and do with it what you will. Although I would probably want to do nothing but try to find a way to get a shower, eat, and SLEEP, that's kinda sad they can't like sight-see around the little towns and villages they are in if they aren't allowed to leave the holding area.

and that's post number 4,000 for me!! woo hoo!! :cheer2: for me! :p

6. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I think at the beginning they could do what they wanted. Then in later seasons, they were stuck in a place but could still mingle. In the past few seasons racers have reported being sequestered- that way there is more drama since they don't know what is happening with the other teams

7. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Would it be fair to let them go back and get their things? Was it an advantage, traveling lighter?

8. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

It is really starting to annoy me the way they replay the last few seconds before the commercial after the commercial, too. I mean, really, do they think we forgot what happened during the 3 minute commercial break or the time we spent fast forwarding through the commercials?:rolleyes:

9. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

I'll admit I didn't know about the Seychelles either. :eek: It's one of the few (if any?) places on TAR I hadn't a clue about.

The funny thing is afterwards I saw a season 4 episode of Lost where a character was "vacationing" there and was able to understand thanks to TAR. :lol: Actually the beach with the gorgeous water kept reminding me of Lost!

10. Lilia A

Lilia A Well-Known Member

11. sodapop

sodapop New Member

I truly think that and Dan and Andrew marching are my favorite moments on AR.

12. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

My top three moments:

1. Colin and his Ox in TAR 5; nothing will ever top that moment for me. Still think Colin is one of the best racers ever on TAR. Too bad they weren't on all stars but I guess their baby was too young at that point to leave for a month.

2. Charla lugging the side of beef in TAR 5 while Mirna whined in the background to "hurry up".

3. Luke and company rolling down the hill in TAR 14 with those cheese rolls. I don't think I've ever laughed that hard during a reality show.

13. sodapop

sodapop New Member

I could list about 40 Charla and Mirna moments but I think the one that made me laugh the most was Charla in the armor, which really shows my cruel sense of humor. :lol: Also, Charla in the chocolate factory. Oh, and when they went to ask the prostitute for directions. Like I said, I could list a lot. :)

14. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Yeah, Charla/Mirna could be their own list. Another fav of mine was when Christie was holding her arms out, to block their way at an airport in TAR 5 and Charla just ran right under her arm! Classic.

That was such a great season, that its not a surprise that it saved the show. CBS was going to cancel it after the terrible season 4 but 5 came along with a great cast of characters (Charla, Mirna, Chip, Kim, Evil Colin, etc) and now here we are on Season SIXTEEN!

So thanks Colin and your broken Ox and Charla and your side of beef!

15. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

I was in hysterics laughing at that whole scene. I think that it's my funniest TAR moment ever.

16. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

LMAO, sooooo many Schmirna moments! All of the above. Also loved when the Pizza Brothers yelled "BITCH!" to Mirna from their SUV, much to Schmirna's amusement and befuddlement ... and that it was replayed and referred to during All-Stars in the Pizza Brothers' terse, funny, and still-bitter letter to Schmirna. :rofl:

Loved :swoon: the mud-covered Chas chasing Phil around the bathmat at the end of a leg, during All-Stars. :lol:

Boston Rob, in a WTF! moment, convincing two or three other teams to forego a beef-eating challenge.

Favorite manly tears moments included Chip & Reichen at the orangutan sanctuary, Uchema & Joyce at the orphanage in Africa and again when she cut her cherished hair, and Frank & Margarita saying aloud what they were going to do with their $1 million
    as they raced to the pitstop, presumably in first ... only to find out that the ___ & Brennan had already won.

And the entire episode in season 9 where BJ & Tyler battled with their "2nd" enemy (behind frenemies Eric & Greasy) Team MoJo, chased each other to the yield, yielded MoJo, chose the wrong challenge and bled time, ended up near naked and barefoot at the bathmat ...
    and in last place ... then got to see Monica's face when it was announced as a non-elimination.

17. Lilia A

What about Rob and his amazing spelling skills....you know, it's the PHILIPEANS :rofl: He's right, we all have been spelling it wrong for decades.

it's likely what caused them to end up eliminated in leg 4 after three consecutive first place finishes in the all-star season

18. BaileyCatts

What? What?? I don't remember this!! Is there a clip??

19. Lilia A

20. BaileyCatts