"24"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Kasey, Feb 6, 2010.

1. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for the cougar to show up and catch Dana. She's had 2 emotions this year - constipated and pissy. The storyline is an insult - if she was a stone cold killer, she would have offed the deadbeat ex and his friend hours ago.

Glad Renee got out of Jack's apartment and back into the story. But seriously - they shot at each other for 50 minutes and she took out 2 guys within 30 seconds? Should have kept her on scene, the rods would have been locked down, CTU wouldn't be EMPed and President Pompadour would be off looking pensive. :p

2. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

I'm more in complete shock that I can wonder in this thread and not be spoilt as in the UK we are getting the episode aired a couple of days after it goes out in the US!!

I have loved the series and would continue watching if it was to continue but I think they've done all they can with it now. We're starting to get similar/same storylines with slightly different biological/nucelar threats, one mole, one kidnap, one duh-duh-DUH oh my god that character's come back...it's all getting a bit "by numbers" now and the "shock/surprise" things that happen are not really shocking or surprising as we now expect them.

I think films would definitely be good, but fail to see how it can translate across to the cinema - like someone said will it be called "2". Without the "real time" (which is getting more and more stretched nowadays anyway) it would just be another Bourne-type film (not that there's anything wrong with that) but I wonder if it might lose some of its appeal. I can't see what storylines they could come out with either.

Ant

3. CantALoop

CantALoop Well-Known Member

I was worried about this season retrogressing into its usual twists, but this most recent two hour episode was just...wow. They've only had the silent clock a few times, and it just drove home the drama.

Now the biggest question is "Now what?"

4. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

I noticed the silent clock, too, and went hmmnnnn..... now what does that mean? I enjoyed the episode, too.

Regarding the real time thing, I noticed the clock on the split screen is right in synch with my DVR recording time until somewhere in the last 10 minutes. At that corresponding commercial break, the time on the 24 clock jumps forward about 4 minutes. :rolleyes: They never used to do that, and it was annoying me when I noticed it was over well before the end of the hour on my DVR clock.

5. CantALoop

CantALoop Well-Known Member

I thought the plot lines supposedly ended last episode were done for good, but there were so many interesting developments.

But then ending to this episode...the set up for it was long and obvious, but I both love and hate the writers for it. I felt like throwing something at the TV, but in a good way if that makes any sense :lol:

6. Auntie

Auntie New Member

I knew it was coming and I still got REALLY pissed when it happened. Then I got even madder because I couldn't enjoy the acting because I was fuming.

Very unsatisfying. :angryfire

7. Civic

Civic New Member

Does he play President Hassan? I wonder if it bothers people who are of Middle Eastern or South Asian ancestry that Hollywood considers them all interchangeable?:rolleyes:

8. lurvylurker

lurvylurker Active Member

Yep, I *knew* that person would die as soon as the "commitments" started being made...and I'm not sure if I like or hate that it was so predictable...

9. sk8pics

Well, who would have guessed that Chloe would end up in charge? And doing a good job at it!:lol:

I, too, was not surprised at the death in the episode. Interesting that the clock has gone silent for the last two significant deaths....

10. sk8pics

Anybody still watching? I have been enjoying it a lot, and I think Kiefer's been doing a :kickass: job this season. I was surprised and yet not surprised when he killed Dana in cold blood. That's the first time he's murdered someone outright, when he wasn't threatened in some way or someone else's life wasn't at stake, isn't it? Jack has done a lot of bad things but that has to be the worst.... Also really interested in Logan's part in the day's activities and really want to just smack Taylor upside the head for being so stupid. You just know this isn't going to end well....

11. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I was giggling when I realized Dana managed to die on a sheet of plastic. Very convenient for Jack. However, Jack may think she killed Cole. Or he's totally unbalanced since losing Renee. Or he was as sick of her storyline as we were? :shuffle:

Not happy with what they've done to Taylor. This is a woman who let her daughter go to jail and lost her husband and she decides to go evil with Logan? Total character turnaround. :wall:

12. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

This week was the best episode of all time on 24! (Because, come on, that Dana wench SOOOOO deserved what she got, and actually, he was kind and did it quick, unlike what she would have gotten from the other team)

Maybe the series ends with Armageddon! ;)

13. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

I felt a little sick watching the torturing scenes this episode...

14. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

I don't actually *watch* scenes like that. I do other things while they play, so I can keep up with the story line but not subject myself to that sort of thing - just not my thing at all.

15. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Well-Known Member

Funny, but I had planned to start catching up on 24 until I saw a preview commercial for this weeks episode and could see they were getting into a torture scene - so I :dog: ran the other way

16. Auntie

Auntie New Member

I was mature - I plugged my ears and closed my eyes during the torture. That scene certainly didn't make me want to run out and buy tickets for the 24 movie.

17. KatieC

KatieC Well-Known Member

Is there a 24 movie? I've been watching sporadically this season. And I was reading a book through the gory parts on Monday night. Quite a nice book, actually.

18. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

:shuffle: I was watching on my computer, so I was on FSU. I still felt sick, especially when he was use scissors (pliers?) to cut something. Just the *sound* was enough to make me feel sick. I switched back sometimes and saw his bloody face/head...

19. sk8pics

I covered my eyes periodically during the torture scene. Jack has really gone off the deep end, hasn't he? This is the worst I can remember from him. I think next week's episode with Logan is going to be great! Logan may finally get what he deserves....

20. KatieC

KatieC Well-Known Member

So did anyone watch the finale of "24" tonight? It had me on the edge of my seat most of the night - a sore seat since I had to stay up late to watch it after the 2 hour finale of Chuck!

21. tarotx

tarotx Well-Known Member

Dang it I forgot to watch Chuck-still to focused on the LOST finale!! I'm a DVD 24 watcher so I couldn't help but stick my head in here tonight. Can't wait to watch the season. Not too sad it's ending though on a show level. I watch it for Keifer-love him-and will miss my 24 hours of him each season.

22. sk8pics

I liked it a lot! Loved the scene (you know which I am talking about!) between Jack and Chloe! The end was somewhat predictable, but I still enjoyed the path they took to get there.

Bye, Jack!

23. Debrah

Debrah Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the non stop action during the 8 kicka%% seasons, Jack...

Apparently there is a 3 movie deal for "24" in the works; can't wait to see what they can do with Jack and the gang in a movie format...

24. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Was definitely a great final season....the ending scene definitely sets up for a movie sequel, Jack the fugitive.

And good for that freaking President for finally doing the right thing!

Oh, and I love that Logan's character is kind of in limbo...perhaps a repeat performance in the first movie?

25. sk8pics

I didn't really think of him as being in limbo, given that he seemed to shoot himself in the head. Although, he often messes things up, so maybe he messed that up, too.:lol:

26. KatieC

KatieC Well-Known Member

I always think of Logan as slime personified. :lol:

They did a two hour TV movie a year or so ago with Jack in Africa helping a friend. That sort of started off that particular season but wasn't included in the 24 hours.

27. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Well, he's not dead tho.....and may not even be brain damaged (have seen attempted suicides with bullet to the head that it skips around the cranium and leaves the brain intact)...

28. sk8pics

Yes, I suppose. But I was so happy when I thought they were killing Logan off!:lol: :slinkaway