"24"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Kasey, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

What, we're three weeks or so into "24" and no thread yet?? Surely I'm not the only one watching!

All I can say is WOW. If this is indeed Keifer Sutherland's final season, what a season it's looking to be! Gotta love Jack Bauer, back to kicking ass! :respec:

2. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Except it's mostly been Renee who's been :kickass: :lol:

It's going to be interesting to see how they tie up Dana Walsh's creepy bf into the storyline.

3. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Never thought Freddie Prinze Jr was much of an actor until now...

4. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

I'm watching and enjoying. I didn't know it was to be Keifer's last season... guess we'll see if it really is soon enough.

5. rfisher

I think it's still speculation. In any event, the producers said they would never kill Jack. :lol:

I laugh out loud every time I see Bollywood guy's hairdo. He's apparently a huge star in the Bollywood movies. Different cultures have different aesthetic values I guess.

6. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

And he's gotten old! :eek:

7. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

:eek: Holy crap Renee.

8. CantALoop

CantALoop Well-Known Member

IMHO, Annie Wersching deserves at least a Golden Globe Nomination. It's amazing how she's portrayed Renee's descent into her deeply disturbed state.

9. Angelskates

ITA. I think she would *win* for supporting actress. Not an easy role, and wow, she's pulling it off.

10. Angelskates

Jack's acrobatics :cheer2:

11. Angelskates

best episode yet this season!

12. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

This week's episode was really strong.

Although I admit, I don't care about Dana. I'm not loving that side-story. The rest, though, is very exciting.

13. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Love this show. This is the 3rd season I have watched.
    I think I know why this show is loved, at least one reason,
    it is like a crazy action movie that takes you for a ride, but is on tv. Don't notice the crazy unrealistic part of it, just go for the ride.

One of my friends has a great comment - Jack's cellphones batteries never die

14. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

I've seen every season of 24 and I can say one thing about it .... I never know what the hell is going on. :lol: Its a difficult show to watch, and you really cannot be distracted AT ALL when watching because everything moves so fast, characters appear and disappear in the same episode, the multiple story lines, etc., but I still love it. :p

15. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

fox.com is a godsend to me, because then I can watch it uninterrupted whenever I have time, and no commercials! :)

16. Angelskates

I was trying to think of what the last scene reminded me of and I have just remembered - Alias. There was a very similar scene in Alias.

17. sk8pics

I liked the twist where the terrorists didn't just blow up CTU but took out all their computers and communications. I will be interested to see the DVD for this season to see if there's any behind the scenes stuff about that. When they blew up CTU several "days" ago, they really did blow up the set, and did it in such a way that it was still safe to work on.

18. Angelskates

Wow.
    I thought the insider could have been the probation officer, I didn't think it was Dana.

LOVE Chloe, "I'm not good with praise". :lol:

19. Auntie

Auntie New Member

I'm pretty good at suspending logic for the sake of entertainment, but how in the world did Dana get a security clearance to work at CTU? Between
    cavorting with terrorists
    and the sleazy background, surely there was some kind of red flag.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  20. rfisher

There's always a CTU mole. :lol: They must have the worst security clearance in the world. At least that gives a reason for her presence on the show as the sleazy ex-bf storyline was a deadend.

21. GarrAarghHrumph

I thought the change in Dana's role was pretty lame. It felt forced. So far, she's been pretty wimpy, and suddenly she's all macho and active?

I agree about the security clearance issues, unless the country she's working for have some kickass ability to falsify documents and backgrounds... and I'm not buying that.

The security checks to work for a place like the CIA or etc. are extensive. They actually go talk to people from your background, in person. They'll interview your highschool friends. I have no idea how this character could have gotten around that kind of background check.

And I totally do not believe that in a high security facility like CTU, that parole officer would have been able to leave his conference room and wander, as he did. Even in my old company, which was merely medical devices with government contracts, that could not happen. It literally wasn't possible for a guest to leave and wander without causing immediate notice.

22. Angelskates

Tick, tick... time's up for TV drama 24

Inevitable, but :(

23. rfisher

Actually, there's been talk that one of the other networks might pick up the show.

24. sk8pics

:(:( I thought it might go one more year.

25. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

I hope another network picks it up for a final season. As good as parts of this one has been so far, it doesn't feel satisfying for being a "final" season (mostly because of the Dana storyline).

That said, Chloe rocks! :)

26. rfisher

There's also some talk about a movie franchise. Which would be great.

27. GarrAarghHrumph

I'd already reported that the show was ending this season, back in another "24" thread*. I actually found it odd that this official announcement came so much later than my knowledge of the event. I'm not normally that tied in! :lol:

They've said that they plan to do films.

*Or I *thought* that I had. I could swear I did, but now I can't find that thread! I thought I posted it here, but maybe I only told my husband.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  28. SingAlto

SingAlto New Member

I heard that NBC may pick up 24.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  29. bbtano

bbtano New Member

Way to go Chloe! She DOES have guts!

30. sk8pics

Oh, no, does that mean the movies will be 24 hours long?:lol: Or instead of "24" will the movie be called "2?" :lol: That said, I would love to see 24 on the big screen!