#22 Davis & White (Olympic Champions!): Shining, Shimmering, Splendid!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by brina, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brina

brina Well-Known Member

I bit the bullet. Hope the title is all right. If you don't like it, you can make the next one! :D
    skatefan and (deleted member) like this.
  2. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Love it!

You know, I'm really curious to hear what Igor would have to say.
  3. mia joy

mia joy New Member

Ha! Gotta love the way we couldn't decide for the title :D

Here's hoping this isn't our last thread, so we can use a few more ideas ;)

I also repeat my question from the previous thread, which might have gotten lost between the title suggestions:
    Does anyone know where I can watch the medal ceremony (ungeoblocked)? Or if any of you managed to download it, I would be more than grateful for a link.
  4. Laura4

Laura4 Member

Well the title has Olympic Champions in it so I'm good with this title. For the next thread, I say we go with A Whole New World. :)
  5. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

Here in Michigan everyone is buzzing about Meryl and Charlie's win :) I'm so proud of them- and I just got my Stars on Ice ticket to see them again!
  6. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

7. brina

brina Well-Known Member

8. Laura4

Laura4 Member

9. semogal

10. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Great title! :respec:
  11. semogal

12. semogal

13. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade but I remember, in 2002, A/P had said they would go to Worlds as well (coincidentially, they were in Japan, too) and ended up not going because the media frenzy was just too much and they didn't feel they had the energy to.

On a side note, it seems like Meryl and Charlie are among the first group of athletes who don't have to pay any taxes for their Olympic medals! :)
  14. CuriousCCat

CuriousCCat New Member

Does anyone know if there are any videos of the the post FD press conference? I've read a couple quotes, and have seen some of V&M's, but can't seem to find Meryl and Charlie's. I noticed watching V&M versus just reading their quotes I got quite a different feeling so I'd be interested to D&W's as well.
  15. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

Is this definite?
  16. Michelle24

Michelle24 Member

17. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Many congratulations to Meryl and Charlie.

Selfishly, I hope they go to Worlds.
    I want to see them do "Scheherazade" once more
  18. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

same and Japan really adores them, too.

I also hope they do The Ice this year as well :D

...along with DWTS of course :lol:
  19. ballettmaus

From what my parents just told me, it sounded like it was. Especially since they explicitly mentioned that the athletes from these Games are included :)
  20. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

FYI, I'm still going with Derek's statement:

"That's Why They're Champions"

:)
  21. rustymuffins

rustymuffins New Member

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  22. semogal

I want them to go to Worlds to be introduced as Olympic Gold Medalists and to have their last skate be to a thunderous audience and you know the skating fans of Japan will give them a proper reception!!! And of course I just want to see them skate these wonderful programs one last time.

I wonder if Meryl will go puppy hunting in Sochi?
  23. LadyNit

LadyNit moving right along Staff Member

WOW. I did not know that Charlie plays the violin. His little performance on the Today show this AM was impressive. :encore:
  24. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

His brother's a guitarist,AFAIR.

Btw, if you have comcast, the sd, fd, and separate FD performances are free On Demand. Tracy Wilson commentary. And the audio and video are decently synched, which especially the live broadcast wasn't. They'll be up until March 26.
  25. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Wonder if anyone will tell them that Meryl used to play the flute. :lol: That was very impressive, I can't believe it's been three years since he played!
  26. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

Advised y'all to keep refreshing the Getty Images page; they keep adding new pix! :D

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/S...Type=image&family=Editorial&p=davis and white

EDIT: Saving my post from the previous thread...

EDIT2: Via Twitter...

27. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

A&P were almost accused of being apart of something illegal. remember that tape with that creepy guy in contact with Anissina's mother? FBI was processing the case.

That's much more serious than what is going on now with some bitter people who only take gold as an answer. And by those I dont think V&M.
  28. Michelle24

Michelle24 Member

29. mia joy

mia joy New Member

FINALLY got to see the medal ceremony! Wow, everyone looked so happy there!

And gotta say it was one :smokin: Olympic podium. They're all so pretty. And Meryl, wow, gorgeous. I mean, she looked prettier than Elena, which says something.
  30. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

31. jenniwren12

jenniwren12 Member

My mom actually texted me before they skated last night (I was good and didn't ruin the surprise!) and said she hoped Charlie would propose to Meryl after they won :lol: Oh dear, my mother is a hopeless romantic. I assured her they both have gorgeous significant others and are probably very happy with just being friends
  32. dardar1126

I had read that he played, and had seen a picture of him with a violin when he was younger. But I didn't know he was that good! :respec:

Do any of you music mavens know which piece he was playing and/or the composer? :confused: I thought it might be a Bach partita. :violin:

EDIT: Via Twitter...

33. semogal

Do you think Meryl will cut her hair? It has gotten so long!! Makes me wonder if her long hair was her "lucky charm"!
  34. Mrs. P

Mrs. P New Member

35. lulu

lulu New Member

That's one gorgeous medal podium there, and the skaters are pretty good looking too... ;)
    Everyone looks :glamor: although I do wish Scott & Tessa didn't have to wear those hats...
  36. jenniwren12

jenniwren12 Member

I wouldn't be surprised. My friend cut a sizable amount of hair off for the first time in years, and she was about to cry. People can get really attached to their hair and place a lot of significance/luck to it.
  37. ballettmaus

:huh: That didn't happen until the end July and has nothing to do with why they didn't go to Worlds in Japan after the Olympics. They were as popular in Japan as D/W are now and they wanted to reclaim their world title and just like D/W had said right after the Olympics they would go. Then they didn't because, as I said, they realized after that whirlwind of media attention, they didn't have the energy to. (Gwendal said, if I remember correctly, something along the lines, that they wanted to enjoy their win, and they couldn't have, had they had to train.)

I was simply pointing that out because whatever D/W say now could very well change depending on what is following media wise and how they feel in a couple of weeks.
  38. dardar1126

She could donate several inches to Locks of Love, and still have pretty long hair. :D

http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html

They accept a minimum of 10 inches.
  39. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

In love with this thread title!

I so hope they skate at Worlds. Japan just loves them, and they love Japan, and it would be such a lovely gift.

I still can't believe how quickly the last four years flew by. I still feel like they just won their first world championship! Now they're Olympic champions!

(And as far as cutting hair goes, I bet Charlie can't wait for his summer cut!)

Speaking of hair, though, do you think they'll continue to dye/highlight after they retire (whenever that may be)?
  40. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Apparently a lot of the hair does not go to cancer patient wigs. There is supposed to be a better charity to use if you're donating hair. It was part of Shawn White stories.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.