2015 - 2016 TV Season

Seerek

Considering all that transpired in Season Three (particularly in the now series "finale"), it's too bad Mindy Project didn't really get a proper ending for what was transpiring between Mindy and Danny.

Susan1

There's just too much choice out there in general, and DVRs have almost made it worse - you end up filling them up with all the stuff you want to watch, but then never get to it because there are so many other shows you want to watch. And the internet doesn't help - I was recording Revenge in the fall, meaning to do a bingewatch at some point, but major spoilers kept popping up so I just gave up on the whole thing. I've also been a die-hard Survivor fan since the first season, but I can only keep up with a handful of shows at a time. Frankly it was rather liberating to let it go :)

Funny, I've got six Devious Maids from last year that I just never got around to because I was watching other current DVRd stuff, and it is starting back up June 1. I've got the last three Secrets and Lies, the last two Major Crimes (another summer start up) and two Revenges to get to.

ballettmaus

ABC has announced its renewals and cancellations. Sad that Forever didn't make it but the writing was on the wall :( http://tvline.com/2015/05/07/abc-renewals-2015-castle-nashville/

ETA: I also read that Michael Weatherly pre-shot a crossover with NCIS LA, so I think it's safe to say that both NCIS and NCIS LA will be renewed even though there has been no official announcement yet.

Last edited:

manhn

The only ABC show I watch not to make it is Revenge, which I'm perfectly okay with. I'm shocked that Galavant and American Crime got renewed. Very pleased with Fresh off the Boat.

I think the second season of Secrets & Lies can end up being really good.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
How can Secrets & Lies get renewed? They revealed who did it.

My husband told me Agent Carter had been cancelled. I'm happy to see he was wrong as I love that show.

BaileyCatts

On Secrets and Lies, I think the premise for a second season is supposed to be that it will be a whole different crime story, with only Detective Cornell as the only returning character. So it would be a new storyline, new characters, new murder/crime/whatever, etc. At least that is what I read a while ago when there were stories around about the show premiere. But who knows what they'll actually do ... but I think that is how a second season would go.

dardar1126

Considering all that transpired in Season Three (particularly in the now series "finale"), it's too bad Mindy Project didn't really get a proper ending for what was transpiring between Mindy and Danny.

I read that they're trying to get the show picked up by HULU.

Sadden about Forever but not really surprised.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :wuzrobbed I really like Forever, and I AM surprised (although I had no idea how it was doing in the ratings). :wall:

ballettmaus

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :wuzrobbed I really like Forever, and I AM surprised (although I had no idea how it was doing in the ratings). :wall:

Not good :p But then, it was up against the NCIS/Person of Interest/Chicago Fire Tuesday so considering, I think it was doing quite well since it turned in ratings which, I believe, were rather consistent. But it seems that to go up against CBS/NBC on Tuesday one would almost need a double-ace show, so I wish ABC had given Forever another chance. Maybe even change the schedule up a little, they could have put a veteran show Tuesday and given Forever a better time slot/day.

Jenny

From the Bloc
On Secrets and Lies, I think the premise for a second season is supposed to be that it will be a whole different crime story, with only Detective Cornell as the only returning character. So it would be a new storyline, new characters, new murder/crime/whatever, etc. At least that is what I read a while ago when there were stories around about the show premiere. But who knows what they'll actually do ... but I think that is how a second season would go.

Or they could go the True Detectives route - entirely new cast, new crimes, new location, no overlap. But I'm assuming it's with Det Cornell too - they really only started to develop her character in the last couple of eps, so the door is wide open to continue her story as a backdrop to a new crime.

Susan1

Funny, I've got six Devious Maids from last year that I just never got around to because I was watching other current DVRd stuff, and it is starting back up June 1. I've got the last three Secrets and Lies, the last two Major Crimes (another summer start up) and two Revenges to get to.

Forgot to mention FOURTEEN Friday Night Lights. It's on the Longhorn? Channel out of Texas and for some freakin' unknown reason, they don't run them in order!!!!! So I have to DVR them all and check the original broadcast date on the guide, write that down and then watch them in order (like 2-3 in a row on Sunday afternoon). There are still two scheduled in the DVR that I have to watch first before I can continue with the ones I already have!!!!

Megi

I'm only looking forward to the new season of Criminal Minds. Hope they can bring back the LV CIS, this Cyber Crimes merde is just awful.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
There's a lot of stuff on to see on Tues. I watch most of it on Wed and Thurs. :D I watch Forever AND PoI and I alternate which one I watch live, sometimes watching neither live. I watch a lot of tv by streaming it off the internet -- Hulu, Netflix, CBS.com. I think networks really are screwing themselves over by not using a ratings system that fits our modern times.

ballettmaus

There's a lot of stuff on to see on Tues. I watch most of it on Wed and Thurs. :D I watch Forever AND PoI and I alternate which one I watch live, sometimes watching neither live. I watch a lot of tv by streaming it off the internet -- Hulu, Netflix, CBS.com. I think networks really are screwing themselves over by not using a ratings system that fits our modern times.

I read earlier today that Forever had a huge DVR rating, but apparenlty, that didn't/doesn't matter because when you DVR you're likely to skip the commercials. I really think the network need to find different arrangements with the advertisement agencies. In our day and age we'll likely reach a point when only half of the people are viewing life, or even less than half and the networks will cancel perfectly well received shows just because the life-viewing ratings sucked and they fear for their commercial spots. (and are the 18-49 year olds still the ones who are the most receptive to commercials, given that people grow older and older?)

MacMadame

Doing all the things
DVR people do skip commercials mostly. But streaming people can't most of the time. And a lot of people watch these shows via streaming, enough that CBS is planning to make a subscription service out of it and HBO already has.

jeffisjeff

Did Galavant get better as the series progressed? I watched the first episode and it was terrible!

I am very surprised to see Extant returning. The final episode of the first season was pretty interesting, but I didn't think anyone else was watching. I'll watch again as long as it still features Dr. Luka. ;)

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I didn't even make it all the way through the first episode of Galavant! I suspect someone knows where the bodies are buried. ;)

Skate Talker

I am sad about Forever. So now, based on the final episode
we can choose, if we wish, that the threat of Adam has been neutralized for all time, that Henri confides in Jo and that she has the strength to accept and stand by him, that Abraham is relieved of the burden of wondering what will become of Henri as he grows older. Or of course we can always imagine the worst if we like, but frankly, the final episode leaves the story at a pretty good place, instead of the usual dramatic cliff hanger we have often been stuck with when a series in prematurely cancelled.

tamuno

Urgh Forever! maybe it wasn't trashy enough? or outrageous enough? Couldn't they have just sold it to another network? I don't usually watch these primetime shows (The 'popular ones' bore me), then the one that actually kept me to the very end gets cancelled???!!! I saw too that 'Stalker' has been cancelled too.

ballettmaus

Urgh Forever! maybe it wasn't trashy enough? or outrageous enough? Couldn't they have just sold it to another network? I don't usually watch these primetime shows (The 'popular ones' bore me), then the one that actually kept me to the very end gets cancelled???!!! I saw too that 'Stalker' has been cancelled too.

I guess if you compare it to the shows it was up against, there wasn't enough action (Person of Interest) or blood/drama/life-death situations (Chicago Fire). As much as I like Person of Interest and enjoy some of the characters of Chicago Fire, I'd take a show like Forever over either in a heartbeat. (even if it's yet again set in NYC and not Chicago ;) )

I am sad about Forever. So now, based on the final episode
we can choose, if we wish, that the threat of Adam has been neutralized for all time, that Henri confides in Jo and that she has the strength to accept and stand by him, that Abraham is relieved of the burden of wondering what will become of Henri as he grows older. Or of course we can always imagine the worst if we like, but frankly, the final episode leaves the story at a pretty good place, instead of the usual dramatic cliff hanger we have often been stuck with when a series in prematurely cancelled.

I kind of like to imagine that something Henry does in the near future circles back to what he said in the first episode, that he has yet to figure out what the point of (his) life is and that he figures that out and that that then turns him mortal, so he and Jo can live a happily ever after and he doesn't have to suffer another loss but they can actually grow old together :)

CBS announced their pilot pick-ups for the upcoming season http://tvline.com/2015/05/08/cbs-new-series-fall-2015-criminal-minds-spinoff/
They have also announced a bunch of cancellations, as has NBC. No word on official renewals yet though.

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Did Galavant get better as the series progressed? I watched the first episode and it was terrible!

Yeah, it actually did. My friend and I were snark-watching it, but it got to be kind of fun, in a goofy way. :) And I love Timothy Omundson. He and Joshua Sasse had a number toward the end ("We're Off on a Secret Mission") that had me almost hyperventilating, it was so funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information