2014 Olympic judges draw and Olympic spots scorecard (post-Nebelhorn article)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

2. eurodance2001

eurodance2001 Active Member

So Russia has a judge potentially in every single event to include the team event? Wow, that's pretty good.. The USA did well, potentially on all 4 panels in the "regular" competition..

3. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

Interesting article, I particularly liked reading about the "nebelhorn scorecard". :)

And Yeah for the lovely Isadora Williams to be representing Brazil ~ their first ever Olympic figure skater! :respec:

4. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Did France just not submit itself for the team event judging? They're one of the nations that could threaten for a medal, imo, and its weird not to see them anywhere there. (and they are on all four panels otherwise, which makes it odder)

5. nylynnr

nylynnr Active Member

My understanding is that it is simple bad luck that no French judges were drawn for the team event. The draws for the team event, I believe, used the 13 judges drawn for the individual events. However, the team event does not draw 13 judges; it draws only nine judges per discipline. So even though the French are likely to be among the top five teams in the team event, they will have no judge on any panel.

6. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

I see no conspiracy theories or machinations going on, it's just the luck of the draw is all, or in France's case bad luck. :(

But when one's country isn't on the winning end there will always be speculation...so be it.

7. Proustable

Proustable New Member

I hope I didn't come off as conspiracy minded. It's a new event, and we've seen ISU members misunderstand the rules to the point where skaters themselves have been omitted from competition (Javier Raya last year), so I wondered if there was a possible explanation beyond luck.

Though re-reading my post, I totally see how I came off as such.

8. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

with the new judging system in place now and the level of accountability and random systems in place I'm not too worried as a Canadian that there are few Judges.. At the end of the day the cream always rises to the top ;)

9. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!