1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2014 Governining Council proposed changes

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by ioana, Apr 7, 2014.

1. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Woo hoo!!! That is a TOUGH test. Congrats to your daughter!!

2. Visaliakid

Visaliakid Well-Known Member

First congrats to your child. Second, Please read the thread topic and in the future post your update on your skater's advancements in an appropriate thread so we can remain on the topic intended for this thread. Thanks!

3. Sylvia

Sylvia Club comp. season is here!

If you've read this entire thread through, then you'd realize that Jozet's post IS relevant to this thread.

Congrats to your kiddo, Jozet! :cheer:

ETA that last month I posted the link to USFS' Combined Report of Action document in the 2014 Governing Council thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...-Action-link&p=4266911&viewfull=1#post4266911

4. Visaliakid

Visaliakid Well-Known Member

I regret to have not seen that Sylvia and you are correct. My sincere apologies to 'Jazet' for my not understanding the connection explained by Sylvia's explanation. - Peter.

5. clairecloutier

clairecloutier Well-Known Member

I wonder: Would it be useful to have a permanent thread in this section called "Updates" or "Milestones" or something like that, in which people could report news of tests passed, elements landed for the first time, competitions attended, etc.? What about if this thread was pinned to the top of the board?

6. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

That would be helpful, but at the end of the day there aren't that many of us that post here on a regular basis, and I don't mind if these updates make their way into another relevant thread. Plus, I only have gripes about how hard novice MITF is at the moment, so that's an anti-milestone post :).

7. Jozet

Jozet Well-Known Member

Thanks, yes...I was hesitating to post my "whoo hoo," but since we were talking about twizzles and loops, I did just wanted to note that even passing and with extra coaching from coaches who specialize in moves/dance, man, those elements are still tough.

Was there a decision on whether the loops will remain in Novice MIF after Sept?

8. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

Yes, they are staying. The proposed changes to the MIF tests were voted down...well, the official term is "sent back to committee."

9. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Makes sense overall. Some changes to the moves would be good, but a few of the proposed changes, like updating the current power circles to some crazy direction-changing patterns, did not make any sense whatsoever. And I really did just start working on novice, so I'll be stuck on that for at least a year anyway. Loops are still :EVILLE:, but eh wells. Not like I even learned the rest of the test, so no big deal from my end.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  10. Jozet

Jozet Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification.

And yes, as test chair, I see a lot of Novice tests pass with loops that don't pass because other elements are strong. So I wouldn't worry too much about the not-quite-perfect loops if the rest is a strong test.

11. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

:lol:. Haven't even managed to learn all the patterns yet, never mind getting them up to passing standard. The problem with loops is I still don't 'get' the move and I can tell it's going to take a while. 5-year plan!