2014-2015 TV Season

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by GarrAarghHrumph, Apr 9, 2014.

1. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

Yes, "12 Monkeys" is based on the Brad Pitt/Bruce Willis film.

And "Dominion" is based on the 2010 film "Legion".

SYFY has some good series projects coming soon.

But their original movies are still......:scream:...."Sharknado 2" anyone?

2. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Reminder that the Season Two Premiere of Orphan Black starts tomorrow night on BBC America at 9:00pm :cheer2: :respec: :cheer2:

For anyone interested in catching up on Season One (or wants to start getting into this awesome series), BBCA has a monster marathon of Season One right now. From 9am until 7pm tonight, it's S1 in its entirety, followed by the bonus "cloneversation" from 7-8 EDT, followed by another full re-run of S1 from 8:00pm until 6:00am in the morning. Then there's anothe airing of The Cloneversation from 6-7am, then re-airing episodes 6-10 from 7am until noon.

If you haven't watched any of it, it's by far one of the best, if not the best, series on TV right now. I definitely recommend it to anyone who likes shows in the action/thriller genre (as well as Sci-Fi, though it's not a show about outer space or stuff like that -- it's based more in science/humanity/ethics/action). It didn't get rave reviews by the critics or garner several awards, including a Peabody) for nothing. Plus, Tatiana Maslany is beyond incredible in the main role(s).

3. AliasJohnDoe

4. znachki

znachki Active Member

Yeah - but they actually kind of do that on purpose now, because people love the cheese. :watch:

5. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

ITA x2. I don't get BBC America (or Space, which is also airing it), but I'm very much hoping that Space will have the rights to make it available online after the first episode airs tonight. Such an amazing series.

6. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

It was?! Noo, I just started watching it and I found it really enjoyable. A bit weird, yes, and Jonathan Rhys Meyers was never one I could have imagined playing Dracula, but I thought it was well done. Boo.

It was mentioned in one of the TV threads previously, but Hieroglyphs is officially set for 13 episodes! Filming should begin soon at the Albuquerque Studios, right where Breaking Bad was filmed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/new-mexico-to-stand-in-for-egypt-for-new-series-hieroglyph/2014/03/06/c04b5342-a4b6-11e3-a5fa-55f0c77bf39c_story.html

:cheer: I can't wait for this show :lol:

7. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

I have no idea if it's available on Hulu, but it might be worth checking it out to see if it's available there.

8. AliasJohnDoe

9. AliasJohnDoe

'Veep' Renewed for Fourth Season and 'Silicon Valley' Renewed for Second Season by HBO: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...lley-renewed-for-second-season-by-hbo/256111/

TNT Releases Trailer for Season Four of 'Falling Skies': http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ampaign=Feed: Tvbythenumbers (TVbytheNumbers)

'Orphan Black' Season Two Premiere Doubles Adults 18-49 Season One Average: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ampaign=Feed: Tvbythenumbers (TVbytheNumbers)

'Impractical Jokers' Renewed by TruTV; Joins Six New Series Greenlights: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ampaign=Feed: Tvbythenumbers (TVbytheNumbers)

'Salem' Premiere Draws 2.3 Million Total Viewers: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ampaign=Feed: Tvbythenumbers (TVbytheNumbers)

I enjoyed "Salem". Shane West from "Nikita" stars.

10. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

I think I'll be checking this out - Extant - Halle Berry, Steven Spielberg. She's an astronaut. Here's a trailer.
    Starts Wednesday, July 9 on CBS.

11. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Ah, so it's a different story when Grace is threatened . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9oRvQy6S8U&feature=youtu.be

You go Finch!! :respec:

12. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

So Finch wouldn't kill anyone to save thousands but he would kill everyone to save Grace. Not to mention he seemed to have worked out on a wounded Shaw. Suddenly I don't like him very much.

13. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

14. Wyliefan

It's completely different. Killing the congressman would have been cold-blooded murder -- he was just sitting there not threatening anybody. (Yes, his actions have great potential for harm, but he wasn't directly or immediately threatening anybody.) These people are possibly going to hurt or even kill someone. Also, Finch didn't walk out on anybody -- he left Reese and Shaw because he was afraid his presence put them in more danger.

That other thread hadn't been updated in years, so lately I've been seeing posts about POI being put here. (This whole chain was in response to a post on p. 2). There don't seem to be a lot of fans here, so it was kind of hard to keep that thread going.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  15. AliasJohnDoe

16. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

On Arrow they just alluded to Oliver getting someone preggers once. I wonder if they will introduce Oliver's son Connor soon. :watch:

17. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

:respec:

BBC America (not sure about Space) was promoting the hell out of the show in the weeks leading up to the Season Two premiere both with advertisements and interviews on the talk show circuit. Between that, the entirety of Season One being available On-Demand and promoted heavily during Comcrap's Watchathon Week, and Tatiana Maslany's and the Orphan Black's nominations and wins (including a Golden Globe BA-Drama for Maslany, the domination of the show at the Canadian Screen awards including her win for Best Actress/Drama, and a Peabody Award), there's been a tremendous amount of buzz about the show and the new season.

Hopefully this will continue to build as it is absolutely incredible and one of those shows that can be re-watched several times and remain just as entertaining and intriguing as the first viewing.

ArtemisBC, were you able to watch the premiere?

18. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

According to the BBC there is a TV show based on the Friday the 13th movie series in the works. All I can say is ewwww....
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/27158963

As for Orphan Black, I can hardly turn on the tv here without seeing a promo for the series. I have to admit I do not watch the show and feel a bit turned off by all the non stop ads.

19. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

They had a Friday the 13th series way back in the day. It was HORRIBLE. It sometimes airs on Chill Network or whatever it is called. I don't think it even features Jason, it was just a show where someone was murdered every episode. Really loosely affiliated, in other words. Maybe this one would be more interesting. I love old school horror but I don't know if it could work for television.

20. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

AMC has a new series coming out called Halt and Catch Fire. Based in a start up computer firm in the early 1980s. Considering how many famous companies got their start around that time; I wonder what took them so long to come up with a tv series inspired by that time.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2rpjfl_DeyQ

21. AliasJohnDoe

22. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

23. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

Nope, he was alive and well on Touch - which I thought was a fabulous show.

24. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

There is a new series coming to HBO titled The Leftovers. Has a similar plot to some recent shows about people over the world suddenly disappearing. This show focuses on those who are left behind. If this was on one of the main channels (ABC, NBC, CBS) I would probably not pay much attention but HBO can put in more stuff to make this more interesting and not so overdone. There seems to have been more than a few shows recently about people disappearing or suddenly reappearing.

25. Wyliefan

So apparently Tori Spelling and Jennie Garth are starring in a new detective comedy. In what circle of hell was this dreamed up?

26. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Jennie Garth is a fantastic sitcom actress. I wish she was co-starring with Leslie Grossman.

27. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

28. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Almost Human was cancelled! :wuzrobbed

29. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Not unexpected, but too bad. I thought it struck the right balance between mismatched-buddy-cop and future-tech.

I hope Parenthood survives the chop, it was really finding its stride this season -- tho having just caught up with the season finale they sure wrote it like it could have been the series finale.

loulou likes this.
  30. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Parenthood was losing me this season. Amber was crying ALL THE TIME and I LOATHED Julia and Joel's separation.