2014-2015 TV Season

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by GarrAarghHrumph, Apr 9, 2014.

1. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Buzz and (deleted member) like this.
  2. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

ABC

On the bubble: “Nashville”

:fragile:

CBS

Renewed: “The Good Wife”

:respec:

CW

Likely to be renewed: “The 100”

:cheer:

FOX

Renewed: “New Girl”

:cheer2:

NBC

Renewed: “Chicago Fire”

Likely to be renewed: “About a Boy”

:D

Buzz likes this.
  3. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Delighted for "The Good Wife".

4. RomyNL

RomyNL Well-Known Member

I didn't know Dracula was cancelled :-(

5. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Looking forward to 24 as well. But man, I can't remember how it ended back in ..... was it 2010?? For some reason I thought Jack died? :shuffle:

6. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

re Nashville - depends on what source you read, but it's been "on the bubble" "likely cancelled" "likely renewed" all season. While it never wins it's timeslot against some heavy hitters, it is consistently one of the top pvrd shows - ie it gains more viewers as the week goes on because fans are either watching it later, or watching it again. I imagine advertisers aren't big on this as I assume most will FF through the commercials, but it does tell ABC there's definitely a market for this show.

They are doing some extra publicity right now - they do web shows about the music, and now will put one of them on the network in the coming weeks, and the men of Nashville are embarking on a tour in smaller venues shortly. Last season, in addition to two regular CDs, they put out a 4-CD set that included two additional CDs with additional songs, alternate takes etc (seriously, 4 full CDs from one season!), and I'm hoping they'll do that again.

I'm hoping this means they are a) working to expand the popularity of the show and continue interest over the summer and b) will continue to focus on the music as much as the characters. However, it could also mean that they are trying to get what they can out of the investment before it dies.

For me, timeslot is an issue. I love this show, but staying up until 11 when I'm already baked from a day's work and then have to get up early again the next day can be a stretch, so I end up pvring and watching it a day or two later half the time myself. I think if they moved it up an hour that would help - on weeknights that when everybody runs their comedies, but it might work as an alternative. Just not on Fri or Sat please when I think a lot would still pvr, and Sundays are too crowded as it is.

7. GarrAarghHrumph

No, he did not.

The nice thing I find about 24 is that although you really need to see each episode in a season, you can skip (or forget) entire seasons, pick it up the next season, and be fine. So I'm not so worried about what I've forgotten from the past series. I think the new episodes take place several years in time from the last series, anyway.

8. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

9. AliasJohnDoe

10. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

Twitter:

:D

11. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Love it! Wonder if he'll do it in character? :)

12. Nan

Nan Just me

My daughter does ADR work for Nashville and she tells me that nothing is confirmed yet about renewal, they probably won't know until after this season ends, but the possibility is pretty good. She thinks she remembers finding out about this season at the beginning of last summer.

13. dardar1126

He said that he will not be in character.

EDIT: Via Twitter...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  14. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I've barely watched any tv this season, but I'm thrilled that The Good Wife (about which we kept hearing dire "about to be cancelled" messages during its first 3-4 seasons) is a sure thing, and also The Goldbergs. I don't know how I even came to watch it, but it is really great. I like Trophy Wife as well, hope it survives.

Being Human I watched at the beginning of the season and liked...but I haven't kept up :shuffle: And I haven't had time to check out Intelligence, but I want Josh Holloway to remain employed so I'll keep my fingers crossed :D

Was not into the direction Nashville went at the beginning of the season - too Desperate Housewives for me - so I gave it up. Too bad, as I looooved the first season.

15. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

I keep hoping good things for Almost Human. I have enjoyed it.

16. GarrAarghHrumph

As always, "Community" is on the fence. It's like the little show that could, because it keeps getting renewed. I'm not sure it will this time, though. Great show.

17. Seerek

Seerek Well-Known Member

"Surviving Jack" is being (unfairly) compared constantly with "The Goldbergs" just because it's a retro-narrated. Although it's early to be definite with 5 episodes remaining to complete its mini-season, I think Surviving Jack will get renewed (though still probably not a full season).

18. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

What a heartbreaking episode of Grimm! Poor Adalind! But baby seems to be a willing accomplice.

19. znachki

znachki Active Member

I know. For a minute there I thought that maybe
    Rosalee and Monroe would end up being the foster parents
    but it really wouldn't have worked.

And of course now
    Adalind is going to hate them all, especially Renard. She's never been the forgiving kind

20. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

21. AliasJohnDoe

22. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Wait! They are making 12 Monkeys into a tv series?! That is so cool because I loved the movie. :respec:

23. AliasJohnDoe

24. Seerek

Seerek Well-Known Member

Yes, I don't think that Dan Harmon is particularly sure about the show's fate either, which is why it appears that they're writing the last few episodes of this season as almost a "de facto" series finale if in fact it doesn't get renewed.

25. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

I was at the Daily Show taping the day before the Colbert announcement, and in the Q&A before the show someone asked John who he thought should replace Letterman, and he instantly answered that it should be Colbert. He then went on to give about a dozen excellent reasons why -- every single one of which I agreed with.

I've always thought Colbert was incredibly talented, but that his character on the Report was extremely limited and limiting. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does when he's not constrained by that character.

26. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Anyone else watch tonight's episode of "Person of Interest"?! I was and still am with:
    kill the dude already!
    that was an awesome episode! :cheer2:

27. dardar1126

Yesterday's Twitter:

:glamor:

28. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Good for Angela! I remember reading how she'd hire older actors for Murder She Wrote who needed a certain amount of work in order to maintain health benefits from the union. She always struck me as a nice person in addition to being a very talented performer.

29. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Aw, I was proud of our boys and Shaw. :) I'm not exactly what you'd call a pacifist, but in that situation . . . they made the right call. (Still, wish there were a way they could have just kept him locked up for a while!)

30. AliasJohnDoe