"2013 Summer TV" - New/Returning Shows

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by AliasJohnDoe, May 18, 2013.

1. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

So here's my whole take on the Under the Dome thing regarding limited episodes or no set end to the series. It's an ADAPTATION. No matter how much they change it or plan to extend it...I can go online and read the entire synopsis of the show! It has a crazy amount of LOST-like intrigue but they're not going to be able to milk to cliffhanger aspect all that much because the basic plot is already known. At some point, I'm just going to want to see the dang wrap-up already and quit being strung along. I don't think they should try and milk it more than two seasons. This is TV serial material, not an open-ended series. I think there's enough interesting tidbits in the book that could lend itself to a "sequel" that could last a few seasons longer, but the events of the actual book shouldn't be strung out any longer than two years. I'll tell you right now, I'll quit watching if it comes to that. It's like it someone was making a TV series of Pride and Prejudice but not actually planning to get around to the whole Lizzie/Darcy resolution for a few years. :p ;)

2. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Shh, not so loud. The CW will hear you. ;)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  3. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Spin Alissa Spin!!!

4. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

:rofl:

5. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

So Under the Dome people .... should I go get the book and read it quickly and then catch up on the show? I still have the pilot on tape and haven't watched yet. If I should read the book first, I can just tape the episodes.

Or does not matter since it seems some are saying to doesn't really follow the book?

6. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I haven't read the book myself but I plan too. However I do know that both stories have glaring differences so it will not matter that much to the tv series if you read the book first or not.

7. AliasJohnDoe

8. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I imagine that the book and TV show will still end the same. It would seem like changing the resolution would be telling a totally different story. For that reason, I wouldn't read the book unless you don't mind knowing how it all ends. I wouldn't want to spoil a show based around such a huge mystery.

9. AliasJohnDoe

10. AliasJohnDoe

New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday, 6/30/2013 - Saturday, 7/6/2013: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/05/17/list-of-tv-premiere-dates-for-summer-2013/183099/

Sunday 6/30/2013:
    Fantomworks Velocity 8:00 PM
    Dexter Showtime 9:00 PM
    Ray Donovan Showtime 10:00 PM

Monday 7/1/2013:
    American Ninja Warrior NBC 8:00 PM
    Bizarre Foods America Travel 9:00 PM
    Below Deck Bravo 10:00 PM
    Siberia NBC 10:00 PM

Friday 7/5/2013:
    Warlocks Rising Discovery 9:00 PM

If I missed any late updates to the list, please post.

Dexter!!!!! :cheer:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  11. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Another new show for Monday at 10pm!!! What is a tv addict to do?! Decisions...decisions! :lol:

12. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

:grope:

13. AliasJohnDoe

Luckily "Revolution" is over until fall. Now at 10PM it's between "Mistresses", "Under The Dome" and "Siberia". I'm sticking with "Under The Dome".

I can watch encores of "Teen Wolf" at 11pm and "Warehouse 13" at midnight. I catch "Defiance" at 9PM.

And speaking of "Under The Dome"...again. In Case You Were Wondering: The Rules of 'Under the Dome': http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...wondering-the-rules-of-under-the-dome/189650/

14. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. True Blood is not following the books at all either. The whole theme of under the dome is how people react to being isolated and whether the cause is
    Randall Flagg, It, alien kids having sh!ts and giggles, or the Shop
    won't change the tone of the story.

15. BigB08822

I am watching the repeat of Under the Dome and I think the ladies husband (the doctor) was in the plane that crashed. I suspected that on the first viewing but I noticed this time around that when the plane crashed and we see a shot of the severed leg that it looks to belong to a man. I can't be sure but the shoe certainly looks more like something a man would wear. We only heard of the plane belonging to a woman so obviously some man was in there as well (or instead of?) and so far only one man has been mentioned to be missing.

I also found the exchange between psycho boy and his "girlfriend" very interesting after he had her put in the bunker. He told her "i am the only one who understands what going on here." He also mentioned that she would thank him one day. In context it seems like more of his crazy. As if he was the only one who knew she was cheating (even though she wasn't) and he was doing what was best for her in his own crazy way. But what if he was talking about the dome? His dad could well be involved. It would be something if he turned out to be the hero. Of course, I feel like his dad being involved would be too obvious at this point but who knows. I am thinking way too much about this. I am not ready to become so involved in another show like Lost. lol

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  16. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

He was killed (presumably, since he was burying the body) by that guy Barbie. Did we ever learn his real name?

I think I'll be checking out Siberia instead tomorrow.

17. AliasJohnDoe

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  18. BigB08822

I forgot about that! Duh! Ok, I'll stick to the theory about psycho boy knowing what's going on. However, I still think the leg belonged to a man. I wonder if it might mean something down the line.

19. AliasJohnDoe

20. BigB08822

I meant to add Showtime before Dexter began but forgot. I guess I will just let it run and then download the series online. Is there anywhere online to watch the show? Does Hulu Plus put them up? I don't mind paying but I don't want to have to pay per episode like when stuff is put on iTunes. I really don't want the entire thing ruined before I see it since this is the final season.

I watched an episode today of the show on Fox called Goodwin Family or something. It was quite enjoyable. The actress from Ugly Betty is on there and I still think she was the best part of that show behind America Ferrara.

21. AliasJohnDoe

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  22. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Siberia has an awful premier! I couldn't bring myself to watch it so it watched Defiance instead.

23. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

How do you know it was awful if you didn't watch it?

24. BigB08822

I think Buzz was referring to the ratings being awful, not the show itself.

Buzz and (deleted member) like this.
  25. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Yeah I was referring to the ratings not the show itself. Sorry for not being more clear PeterG.

26. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

27. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

the 2nd ep of Under the Dome was not as good as the first ep - psycho kid is tedious, and the plucky reporter is already annoying. The body count is awfully high for only episode 2, but I guess that makes sense based on a 13-ep season. My biggest complaint is that I went looking for info on one of the performers and found that the wiki page for the tv show has spoilers for the whole season :( that's pretty unusual, even for a show based on a book. I didn't read anything more once I realized that notes on each character included what happened to them by the end of the show, but I'm bummed. why bother watching a mystery series if there's no suspense?

28. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I love summer TV! Rizzoli and Isles, Longmeir, King and Maxwell, The Glades, Dexter, Falling Skies, the Killing..thank goodness for DVR

29. AliasJohnDoe

30. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

Me too! And Sunday night is killing me - I watch The Killing and Falling Skies "live" and then spend the rest of the week catching up on everything else. Right now I am about the watch the final episode of Inspector Lewis. :(