2013 ISU World Team Trophy, April 11-14, in Tokyo

Discussion in 'Kiss And Cry 2014-2015' started by Sylvia, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

If Joannie wanted to come back, she really should have done like all the other skaters who are attempting a comeback---started preparing this season. Of course, maybe she has been doing that and keeping it private.

Where can this event be viewed?

2. Sylvia

Sylvia Club comp. season is here!

WTT will be streamed live via the ISU site except in the countries that are broadcasting (Japan, Korea).

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I can't believe some of you are so much in denial to believe Rochette is actually going to come back. :shuffle:

Third. She's competed at Challenge Cup and Four Continents this season.

Chartrand was 3rd at Nationals, Lacoste was 4th. That's probably why she's not an alternate.

kylet3 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Sylvia

Sylvia Club comp. season is here!

No, Daleman won the Junior silver medal at Challenge Cup last year and was too young (14) for 4CC this year.

ETA: I still feel badly for Lacoste since she did contribute GP points to Canada's team qualification and is still the top-ISU Canadian lady for now.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  5. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

Julianne Seguin was at 4CC 2013 with Osmond.

6. misskarne

misskarne #408

7. marii

marii New Member

What are you talking about? Lacoste, Osmond and Siguin were at Four Continent, not Daleman.

8. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Osmond earned two spots for Canada for Sochi and 2014 Worlds. Canada can choose to have the same woman skate in the SP and FS, or have different women for each progam. It depends on what their strategy is, since in any two of the four disciplines, they can have different skaters/teams in each phase.

Even were Rochette to come back, whoever the other Ladies entry is would skate in Ladies regardless of whether she was chosen for the Team Event.

As for any substitutions, it depends on what the rules and timelines are for changing entries. Does anyone know what triggers the deadline? First day on practice ice? X days before the start of the event? The SP/SD draw? Something else?

It's not a crazy scenario for a skater/team to sustain or aggravate an injury during the team event or practices. I hope the IOC has made the ISU think this one through.

9. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

It will be streamed in US and Canada??? OMG.

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

I like how the Isu has on the face of the vid screen for live stream the countdown (no worry about time conversions): 3hrs 20min 2 seconds till live stream starts.

11. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

12. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

I thought that the entire reasoning behind the Olympic Team event having only skaters who qualify in one of the four traditional disciplines was to maintain the integrity of the event & not turn it into a 'Legends'-style cheesefest (with oldies like Kwan, Plush, Evan, and others who'd never qualify for the classic singles/prs/dance events against competitors at the most recent Worlds).

Also, my understanding is that the Team Event in Sochi will follow (not precede) the four classic events.

13. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

Bobrova/Soloviev have also withdrawn - he has an injury. The substitutes are Monko/Khaliavin. I/K declined the spot as she is not 100% fit & it seems R/T were passed over by the federation.

14. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

No, it's the first event. You can read more about it in this interview with David Dore.

15. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Wow! M/k that's something!

Eta- Mistook them for s/z that won bronze at COR

The total skipping of r/t us unfortunate!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  16. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

I love M/K, but am sad for R/T if they were passed over, rather than it not being a health or logistics issue.

As far as Lysacek or Plushenko not being able to qualify, if healthy or remotely healthy, as shown at 2012 Euros, Plushenko easily could have qualified as the Men's lone entry for Russia this year and likely will next year, and I suspect a healthy Lysacek could have beaten Ross Miner, if not Max Aaron, this year.

17. marysy

marysy Active Member

Any reason why Chafik Besseghier was not named as an alternate rather than Ponsart? Just curious, since Chafik should've been the third man at Worlds had FFSG not set their own technical minimum requirements.

18. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

yay, monko/khaliavin! nice to see them:cheer:

19. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

Ponsart was originally named as the third entry for Worlds over Besseghier - perhaps they want to give him some international experience?

20. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Yeah of course, I just had a really strange mental fart and got 4CC and Junior Worlds mixed up. :eek:

And her ISU bio showed the Challenge Cup result as Senior.

21. casken

casken Well-Known Member

Super bummed to see B&S out, but yes, R&T getting passed over for M&K is :eek: for them, if that is indeed what happened.

22. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

NOOOOO!
    Yes, Elena has back injury she is recovering from, besides, from Russian boards I gather she is on vacation.
    But very sad not to see B/S again.
    According to Soloviev's interview, he aggravated his groin injury of a long time ago; he wanted to keep training but his condition was not improving and the doctors then said he needs to have 10 full days of rest, no ice.
    http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/10136.html

Piseev's one and only reason for not sending I/K is that they are on vacation.
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20130403/654822141.html
    Ryazanova/ Tkachenko, according to that snippet, are in the US working on new programs; thus M/K are the chosen team.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  23. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

So basically most skaters could not care less about this event and choose to focus on working in preparation of the Olympic season instead.

24. demetriosj

demetriosj Well-Known Member

I don't see why Ashley is wasting her time with this. She should continue to recuperate and get stronger for next season.

25. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

It is a stupid event. The whole team thing is a stupid concept. Skating already has team events, synchro.

26. Autumn_girl

Autumn_girl Active Member

I think it's mostly because no one expected that B/S would withdraw and because it's only 2 weeks left before the event. I/K are out of shape, Elena was sick after Worlds and still doesn't feel well; R/T are in the US working on new programs and probably aren't in the best shape too. If it happened right after Worlds or B/S weren't so sure they would go, I'm sure the situation would be different.
    Anyway, Monko/Khalyavin really need this chance and I'm crossing fingers for them

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  27. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I don't see how that's true. Russia has not sent the strongest team possible to this event in the past, so that's nothing knew, though V/T are going this season after skipping last year's WTT. If I/K were on vacation when B/S had to WD, they would have to scramble to make it and would be undertrained; considering their performance at Worlds, another poor skate would not help their future prospects.

Canada and the US may not be sending their top dance teams, but they are sending good teams overall. France and Japan are, too - other than Amodio and Hanyu, both of whom are injured, I think both are sending their best teams. Dance may lack D/W and V/M, but it'll be a nice change to see someone else atop the podium, and W/P and P/B, with an extra month to train, should be in better form than at Worlds.

Nobody is making you watch - and as we've seen, nobody is truly forcing the skaters to compete. Looks to me like at least some of them really like the team format and a less stressful competition.

And synchro is hardly the same.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  28. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Yeah it's actually a good opportunity for Monko/Khaliavin to make their mark on the international scene.

29. misskarne

misskarne #408

No. The Team Event will begin on Day -1 (as in, the day before the opening ceremony - the first time in Winter Olympic history that competition has begun before Day 1).

No.

30. ostile17

ostile17 Well-Known Member

Well, let's say Japan is sending its milking cows, regardless of their condition! ;)