2013 ISU World Team Trophy, April 11-14, in Tokyo

Discussion in 'Kiss And Cry 2014-2015' started by Sylvia, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia Club comp. season is here!

Season Best scores only.

I guess we have to wait for Skate Canada to announce their team on Monday, which is the deadline date.

Re-posting from the Kaetlyn Osmond fan thread in the Trash Can:

2. Proustable

Proustable New Member

They do towards SB score, but not season/world ranking.

3. marysy

marysy Active Member

Has the French team been confirmed?

4. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Season's Best score: yes. Last season's best score by a man was Takahashi's from WTT. Adam Rippon and Kevin Reynolds also got their SB's last season at WTT.

World Standings/Rankings: no.

5. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Team France is reportedly:
    Florent Amodio
    Brian Joubert
    Maé Bérénice Méité
    Lénaëlle Gilleron-Gorry
    Vanessa James/Morgan Cipres
    Nathalie Péchalat/Fabian Bourzat

The source is this communication, but I was unable to find it on the FFSG website, so consider it semi-confirmed ;)

Assuming it's correct, they're clearly sending the best team possible - I wonder if the FFSG finally realized that they can and should aim for a team medal in Sochi. Also, if P/B are going, it's not to finish behind B/S again; my guess is that if they feel they're not in good form, C/J will be called upon as replacements.

I expect their K&C antics to surpass last year's.

6. Sylvia

Team entries are up! http://www.isuresults.com/events/wtt-13_teams.htm

CANADA
    Patrick CHAN
    Kevin REYNOLDS
    Gabrielle DALEMAN
    Kaetlyn OSMOND
    Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
    Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE

CHINA
    Nan SONG Men
    Han YAN Men
    Zijun LI Ladies
    Kexin ZHANG Ladies
    Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG Pairs
    Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG Ice Dance

FRANCE
    Florent AMODIO
    Brian JOUBERT
    Lenaelle GILLERON-GORRY
    Mae Berenice MEITE
    Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES
    Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT

JAPAN
    Takahito MURA
    Daisuke TAKAHASHI
    Mao ASADA
    Akiko SUZUKI
    --- Pairs
    Cathy REED / Chris REED

RUSSIA
    Maxim KOVTUN
    Konstantin MENSHOV
    Adelina SOTNIKOVA
    Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
    Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV
    Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV

USA
    Max AARON
    Jeremy ABBOTT
    Gracie GOLD
    Ashley WAGNER
    Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR
    Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES

Entries by discipline, including substitutes, plus link to Time and Practice schedule: http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051444.htm

ETA that the Team USA subs are Miner, Nagasu, Denney/Frazier, and Hubbell/Donohue (I assume that Scimeca/Knierim & the Shibutanis must have declined to participate).

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  7. patinage

patinage Member

Yay, I'm glad Daleman is being sent. This will be a good, low-pressure event for her, and she sure earned it with her performances at Canadians and Junior Worlds. I wonder if this means she's skating senior next year.

8. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

9. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

Abbott is going? great news!
    the chinese team is a very young and promising one
    Pity about the pairs for Japan. We will miss Team Italy this year but France will provide the k&c voids for us...and the hotness, as always:smokin::smokin:

10. casken

casken Well-Known Member

I'm guessing (hoping) that Z&B passed on being an substitute too?

11. Sylvia

I don't know, but Denney/Frazier (#24) were the next highest available U.S. pair on the current ISU World Standings list (ditto for Mirai Nagasu at #21).

12. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

It has to be. With two Olympic spots I'm sure SC would like to see KO and another young gun get a spot, assuming Joannie doesn't return. She still hasn't said...

My heart goes out to Amelie. I hope she fights and skates well and earns a spot. But I have to feel that SC wants more options for the team and at WTT, this might be another chance to improve SB and get on the SGP.

I'll bet Daleman and Chartrand skate senior next year, while on the JGP there will be a number of possibles to fill the raft of slots we have, including Seguin, Austman, Dunley, Gong, Steward, Mallet, England...goes on and on (when does that happen in Canadian ladies??)

13. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Unless Lacoste is injured, turned it down, or has decided to retire, it really sucks for Lacoste, because, by the rules in the communication, she should have gotten the invite, since one of her scores was used to qualify Canada for the event. (I know, rulz, schulz.)

14. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

If Pechalat/Bourzat lose to Bobrova/Soloviev again, they are kind of done. Their reputation will suffer a lot and PCS will drop in relation to B/S (they used to have a buffer). Not sure that this is the best idea given they were far from 100% at Worlds. Ugh.

Yes and Michelle Kwan will surely return as well. I mean she has never officially retired. She's surely just waiting for a suitable moment to announce her inevitable Olympic comeback.

15. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

In an interview just before Worlds 2013, Joannie clearly said that she has not yet made a decision but that she will make one soon and that she will make an announcement after the CSOI tour is done and she's had some time at home.

16. skatingfan04

skatingfan04 Active Member

Yay for Gabby Daleman!:D This will be such a wonderful experience for her, one that she had earned with her performances at nationals and junior worlds. Given that she's one of the front runners for the second Olympic spot, she needs this type of experience (she just attained age eligibility for senior, I believe, so this will be her first senior international.)

17. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

Why isn't Hanyu doing it?

18. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

Although I was really hoping to see him @ WTT (those K&C moments lol), Yuzuru is currently recovering from left knee / right ankle injuries.

19. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I'm so happy Suzuki was named on the Japanese team.

I wonder what's going on with the Shibs.

20. stjeaskategym

stjeaskategym Well-Known Member

She's not listed as alternate either. Maybe she's injured? She had injury problems this past season, right?

It seems like Marina didn't want any of her teams there.

21. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Joannie has indicated that the team event was what she found most interesting about a possible comeback for Sochi. Canada seems like the front runner for the team event, and I have to think that Joannie would seriously consider that opportunity.

Back to WTT, I wonder if Alexa and Chris were offered the spot. Marissa and Simon are National Champs, but S&K did better at Worlds, not sure how they decided the invite, but I'm glad Marissa and Simon will get a chance to perform.

22. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Considering it's in Japan, sending the Shibs might have been a nice gesture, but after C/B surpassed them at Nationals and Worlds, I don't think there was much of a chance that they'd be chosen over C/B.

23. Sylvia

This quote by Alexa Scimeca after S/K's FS seems to indicate that they were not planning on competing at WTT:
    "We’re going to take a mini-vacation/break for my foot. We’re going to visit family and let my foot heal then get busy for next season."

24. figureit

figureit Active Member

I heard they were offered the first alternate position and declined that. Had they been offered the spot they probably would have gone. It makes for a very late season to be an alternate so to decline..finish healing and have a vaca before the next season starts makes sense I think.

25. walei

walei Well-Known Member

You have to be qualified for the individual discipline first before you can be named to be on the team for the team event, so Joannie has to qualify for a spot in the Ladies first and willing compete there at the Olympics. For my money I don't expect Joannie to compete at Sochi.

26. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

That whole thing is ridiculous. The ISU has already negotiated for ten spots -- singles or teams -- or up to twenty extra athletes for teams that don't have discipline(s) that qualify. That makes the whole "No more athletes than participate in the individual events" argument moot. Why they didn't negotiate for an extra athlete or team for each nation, optional and to be applied to a discipline for which there is no qualifier or to compete in a discipline for which only one or two qualified, is beyond me. The liability is theoretically the same for the IOC, and while Russia might choose Plushenko and Canada Rochette, a lot of the nations, especially those who don't have that many athletes that meet the age and TES minimums, might rather spread the metals and experience among their singles competitors, and the IOC gets a better show, storyline, publicity.

27. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

Nan Song (CHN) has withdrawn from the World Team Trophy due to a knee injury. He has been replaced by Yi Wang.

28. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Since the team event is first, say Joannie qualifies a Ladies spot, competes Team event, then withdraws- can Osmond replace her for the singles event?

Pretty much every skater always has some injury they can cite as a reason if needed.

29. misskarne

misskarne #408

Is there a schedule for the WTT yet?

30. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!