2013 Europeans 6-10 Ladies Poll

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by haribobo, Dec 16, 2012.

Who will finish 6-10?

1. Valentina Marchei

84.8%
  2. Elena Glebova

26.1%
  3. Elene Gedevanishvili

73.9%
  4. Joshi Helgesson

52.2%
  5. Viktoria Helgesson

71.7%
  6. Juulia Turkkila

8.7%
  7. Anais Ventard

2.2%
  8. Mae Berenice Meite

78.3%
  9. Natalia Popova

15.2%
  10. Sonia Lafuente

8.7%
  11. Jenna McCorkell

30.4%
  12. Nathalie Weinzierl

6.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

If 3 Russians, Kostner, and Korpi finish 1-5, which 5 will take places 6-10?

2. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Well, Valentina Marchei, Elene Gedevanishvilli, Victoria Helgesson, Joshi Helgesson, Jenna McCorkell ... who else is there?

3. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Do we know for sure that three Russians will finish in 1-5? I can see Tuktamysheva placing 1-5. If Sotnikova delivers, she will be there too, but she needs to land her jumps. GP events did not work for her that well, but at least it wasn't complete disaster. But who is the third one? Leonova? Ending 6th and 7th in GP event does not make me believe that this season she will end up 1-5 in Europeans. The same about Makarova or Korobeinikova, if they send her.

4. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Good point- they won't necessarily make top 5 (they didn't all make it last year), but there's a chance they will, and they were the easiest to lump together with Korpi and Kostner. I find polls like this more interesting than the medal polls most times, but I don't need to a poll to tell me that the Russians will place highly if they hit.

5. sk8ingcoach

sk8ingcoach Active Member

I would hope that gedevanishvilli and marchei are aiming for higher than 6th

6. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

As much as I love Elene I irrationaly dont want her to place top 10 and waste a 2nd never used spot. I much rather want the Helgesson sisters to get three so Olsso is sent next year, Glebova placing top 10 so Liinamae joins her too and Meite keeping the 2nd spot for Silete next season.

7. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter, because the spot gets wasted in any case. If Elene is in top ten and they don't have second lady, it is wasted. But, if Helgesson's sisters gets third spot and Olsso may have a chance, she still has to meet the requited score, and considering how high the score is, the spot will be wasted too. Same probably with Glebova placing in top 10 and getting spot for Liinamae. Would Liianamae meet the required score?

8. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Yes, both have met the minimums for Worlds as well as Euros.

9. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Gedevanishvili can medal, IMO, but it will be hard for Marchei to make the top 6. :)

10. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Gedevanishvili, the Helgessons, and Marchei.

11. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

When I first responded, the poll didn't list any names at all. Now with the list available, I'd definitely include Mae Berenice Meite ahead of Joshi and Victoria Helgesson, and drop down Jenna McCorkell to a lower placement.

12. FunnyBut

FunnyBut Well-Known Member

Meite is in second place on the poll :eek: Perhaps all that gold lame will blind the judges to her faults.

13. skatinginbc

skatinginbc New Member

Sorry, wrong post. I haven't figured out a way to delete my post yet. Sorry. Where is the delete button?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  14. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

For the record Both Isabelle Olsson and Gerli Liinamae have met the World TES and this is euro spots we're talking about, the TES minimums are easier to gain.

15. jiggs

jiggs Well-Known Member

I think Marchei will be aiming for more than 6-10. Her recent performances have been pretty good, she scored 107+ for her FP last weekend. While her PCS are still pretty low (and admittedly that's ok) I think if she goes pretty clean she has a chance of making the top 5.