2013 & 2014 AN & AS Locations

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by icerinque, Aug 8, 2012.

1. icerinque

icerinque New Member

The 2013 & 2014 U.S. Adult Championships and Adult Sectional Championships dates
    and locations have been selected!

2013 U.S. Adult Championships: April 9-13, 2013 - Scottsdale, AZ (Coyotes SC of
    AZ)
    2014 U.S. Adult Championships: April 8-12, 2014 - Hyannis, MA (Yarmouth IC)
    ---
    2013 Eastern Adult Sectional: March 8-10, 2013 - Ellenton, FL (Southwest Florida
    FSC)
    2014 Eastern Adult Sectional: March 7-9, 2014 - Wayne, N.J. (North Jersey FSC)
    ---
    2013 Midwestern Adult Sectional: March 8-10, 2013 - St. Louis Park, MN (FSC of
    Minneapolis)
    2014 Midwestern Adult Sectional: March 7-9, 2014, Strongsville, Ohio (Brooklyn
    FSC of Ohio)
    ---
    2013 Pacific Coast Adult Sectional: March 8-10, 2013 - Pasadena, CA (Pasadena
    FSC)
    2014 Pacific Coast Adult Sectional: March 7-9, 2013 - Ontario, CA (All Year FSC)

For the full story, click here:
    http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48318&type=media

2. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Looks like I'll be shooting for 2014. Can't see Arizona in my future, although it is nice for the westerners to have another one in their neck of the woods.

3. backspin

backspin Active Member

Wow, it's nice that they did 2 years out!!

4. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Indeed!

I'm happy with both Arizona and Massachussetts. Nice to not be in the midwest.

5. Doubletoe

Doubletoe Well-Known Member

I know! It's so exciting to be able to compete in my own time zone (there's nothing worse than having to compete at what would be 5am my time)! :D

6. purple skates

Oh, come on. You loved the the 4 am (PST) snowstorm practice. You know you did.

7. Doubletoe

Bwa hahahah!!! Make that Pitch Black + Whiteout Blizzard practice. Chicago 2007 was surreal. . .

8. Rochelle

Rochelle Active Member

Yay for a no-threat-of-snow AN 2013 that is close for our Pacific skaters --- and 2014 up in the NE for our Eastern skaters. Great variety to spice things up!

Thank you to the bid team for all their work with the bids and deciding to tackle 2 years at once -- and most of all thanks to the clubs nationwide who submitted bids, whether or not they won. It's quite a bit of work just to get a bid submitted, and it's good to see some variety and fresh support for adult qualifying competitions!

manleywoman and (deleted member) like this.
  9. rsk8d

rsk8d New Member

Yahoo- making a comeback for 2014!!

10. Rochelle

Rochelle Active Member

Doooooooo it rsk8d! Is one of the events in your 'backyard' / part of the country? Best wishes!

11. rsk8d

rsk8d New Member

Cape Cod Nationals- my old stomping ground.

12. Rochelle

Rochelle Active Member

For those planning to compete at Sectionals (qualifying or non-qualifying) or Adult Nationals this 2013 adult season, don't forget the deadline is February 1!

13. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

I've been thinking about competing if any of these events ever came back to the Northeast. And now there's one in Wayne, where I skate every Saturday, and one in Mass., where I'm from originally. I guess that means I have to finally do this!

Where would I go to look up what level I might be competing at, what's required at each level, etc.? I plan to suck, but I'd like to suck while following the rules. ;)

14. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

:rofl: I like your attitude.

15. steve skater

steve skater Member

http://usfsa.org/Programs.asp?id=112

Specifically,
    Technical Info:
    http://www.usfsa.org/New_Judging.asp?id=358

Well-Balanced Program Requirements:
    http://www.usfsa.org/content/AdultSinglesWBPChart.pdf

Standard Track to Adult Track Equivalencies (if this should apply to you):
    http://usfsa.org/Content/Standard Track Free Skate to Adult Free Skate Chart Equivalencies.pdf

16. GarrAarghHrumph

How do I know what level I'm at? If I wanted to skate some sort of singles... I have passed adult pre-bronze moves, and hope to have passed bronze moves by then. I have passed one pre-silver dance so far. I have no freeskating tests. Would I be bronze in singles?

17. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

For adult Nationals, bronze is the lowest level and it's a qualifying competition, so to compete singles freestyle you need to have passed the bronze freestyle test.

For sectionals, bronze is a nonqualifying event, so it depends whether the local organizing committee chooses to allow entrants to "skate up." They also might offer a pre-bronze event.

These adult competitions also offer Dramatic and Light Entertainment events. See rules 4700-4740 in the rulebook: http://www.usfigureskating.org/content/2012-13 Rulebook for eReaders.pdf

If you've passed one pre-silver dance, it looks like you would have to skate at the silver level.

18. purple skates

I think (but don't quote me), that you would be eligible to compete either bronze solo dance or pre-silver solo dance with your dance test. You might be eligible to compete interpretive as well - not sure if that one's pre-silver dance or silver-dance for eligibility. In order to skate freestlye at AN, you'd have to pass the pre-bronze and bronze freestyle tests, but you might be able to compete at pre-bronze (skating up) at sectionals, assuming they have pre-bronze at their open competition and that they allow people to skate up.

When in doubt, ask your adult section vice-chair.

19. purple skates

They've split the solo dance levels this year (except for bronze). Pre-silver is the Willow Waltz and the Foxtrot.

20. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

Oops, forgot about solo dance.

From the rulebook I linked above, rules 6650 and 6660, you should be able to do either pre-silver or (if you don't pass any more dances before then) bronze.'

I meant if she wants to do Dramatic or Light Entertainment, she would need to do silver.

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  21. purple skates

I wasn't sure of the interp level so we now have all bases covered! ;)

22. Doubletoe

AS Sk8er1964 mentioned, in order to compete at Adult Nationals in freestyle events, you must have passed the Adult Bronze freestyle test by the entry deadline (beginning of February). At the Adult Sectionals competitions, they also have a Pre-Bronze competition, which only requires that you pass your Pre-Bronze freestyle test before the entry deadline (also the beginning of February). But here's another thing to check out: The Adult Sectionals often--but not always--have a "No Test" freestyle event as well, which would allow you to enter without passing any further tests.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  23. GarrAarghHrumph

I'll be talking over all this with my coach on Friday morning.

24. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

At Adult Sectionals, the non-Championship events are officially "non-qualifying" events, so you can skate up a level if you haven't passed that level's test yet. You could skate Pre-Bronze as a no-test or Bronze even if Pre-Bronze is your highest FS test.

25. Doubletoe

I have never found that to be true, at least not at Pacific Coast Adult Sectionals. Unlike local club competitions, you must have passed the qualifying test for the event you are entering.

26. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

I don't believe that has been the case at Easterns, at least not last year. In fact, I remember registering for an event and after I filled out my profile to register with Entryeeze, and it took me to the page to sign up for events, I was offered both Bronze and Silver levels (I'm Bronze FS). And I can think of several instances where someone skated up - not in the Champ events, obviously.

27. steve skater

steve skater Member

28. Doubletoe

Wow, you're right! That didn't used to be the case.