2013-14 U.S. International Selection Pool (ISP) & Team Envelopes

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Mar 25, 2013.

1. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Yay for Caroline!

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Middleton/Hennings have now been removed from Team C.

Lysacek and Lindsay Davis/Rockne Brubaker were assigned to the Grand Prix so they eventually will be added to the Reserve Team envelope.

3. SkateFan66

SkateFan66 Active Member

Lysacek may not have requested envelope funding. I know for a fact that he did not request envelope funding for the 2011-12 season. I do not know if he requested envelope funding for the 2012-13 or 2013-14 seasons. However, Lysacek was never added to the reserve team last season after he was assigned to the Grand Prix.

4. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

This is the relevant criterion under Additional Considerations: http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=350
    "Athletes/teams assigned to an international competition, who are not in the current season's envelope structure, will be placed in the reserve envelope. If the athlete/team medal at a Senior B International, a Junior Grand Prix or a Senior Grand Prix competition, they will be placed, immediately, in Team Envelope C - Tier 2 and receive the remaining funding for that season."

The Reserve team envelope is unfunded. If Lysacek ends up competing internationally this season yet declines any envelope funding for 2013-14, I think his name should still be listed and his Team USA bio linked from the Team USA Athletes page: http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=209

5. SkateFan66

SkateFan66 Active Member

In the 2011-12, and 2012-13 seasons, Lysacek's name was never added to the Reserve Team despite being assigned to compete at Grand Prix events during both seasons. Moreover, in those years, the USFSA had the discretion to name him to the Team C envelope. When I spoke to Patricia St. Peter at 2011 Skate America, I specifically asked her why Lysacek was not included on either the Team C envelope or the Reserve Team. She responded that Lysacek was not included because he did not request funding.

6. sammyf

sammyf Well-Known Member

Lindsay Davis & Rockne Brubaker were added to the reserve team and Isabella Cannuscio & Michael Bramante were added to the ISP. There may be more additions to the ISP but that was the only one I noticed.

Sylvia and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Daniel Samohin (N4) has been removed from the ISP. He currently is listed as representing Israel in the second JGP in Mexico City.

8. sammyf

sammyf Well-Known Member

Spencer Howe was added to the reserve team after getting 5th at sectionals. That should be he should be assigned a JGP.