2013-14 TV Season

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by GarrAarghHrumph, May 9, 2013.

1. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

As per usual CBC is pretty thin on info for their fall season. Digging into the Battle of the Blades says "late September" :)cheer:!), and Rick Mercer just says "fall" (they don't even have ticket dates listed).

Looks like no new shows for them this season, unless you count Crossing Lines.

2. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Battle of the Blades just tweeted their start date :)
    http://www.cbc.ca/battle/

3. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

The ads for The Crazy Ones make me not want to watch it AT ALL.

4. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I doubt that I'll be watching either.

5. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I am going to watch the premiere of The Crazy Ones because Kelly Clarkson is a guest star and apparently she steals the show and the reviews mention her being the best thing about it. I must see that. I probably wont watch after that because Robin Williams is way too over the top for me.

6. genevieve

I love Sarah Michelle Gellar and want her to have a successful show, but when a network tells me that "every once in a while...the stars align...and something really special happens", I fear we're getting another Parenthood, which I think is (was? is it still on?) a treacly mess.

7. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Tonight was the season finale for The Glades and Longmire both of which ended with cliffhangers and someone shot. And Ray Donovan has turned out to be excellent.

8. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

the commercial makes it sound like they were curing lepers.

9. genevieve

maybe insomnia?

10. Artemis@BC

There's a date now for the new Three Pines mystery series, based on the Louise Penny / Armand Gamache books: September 15 on CBC. I read somewhere else that it will air in the US too, just don't know where or when.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much -- they've screwed up my favourite mysteries in the past by televising them. Plus it will be Nathaniel Parker as Gamache, which I think is only a slightly less awful miscasting than when he was cast as Tommy Lynley in that series. Nonetheless, it may be a pleasant surprise, so I'll give it a try -- if nothing else there should be some nice Quebec scenery.

(Sept 15 will be a big night for mystery fans, with the Foyle's War starting up as well!)

11. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

I love Louise Penny's Gamache series; hope the series does justice to her creation.

12. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  13. genevieve

I think those Grimm tidbits are all good news! Especially
    adding Alexis Denishof to the cast! :cheer2: I'm a fan of the Buffyverse-esque flipping of good/evil and this could be the thing that makes Juliette finally tolerable

14. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

Luther starts tonight on BBCA! :cheer:

15. Grannyfan

Grannyfan Active Member

Are these episodes that haven't been shown on BBCA before?

16. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

The only new show I'm looking forward to this season is S.H.I.E.L.D.. Seems like a :blah: season for new shows.

17. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

From the previews, it seems that the answer is yes.

18. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Kudos to our hospital's "NinjaDoc" Noah Kaufman, who has made it on to level 2 of the "American Ninja Warrior" reality show! (OK, I have no idea exactly how impressive stage 1, 2 etc are, but he's one of few to make it past stage one so far, so rock on NinjaDoc!)

19. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

I can't believe I am watching this every week (until something better comes along?), but I will be on the lookout for him. Cool!!

20. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Copper season 2 started on Showcase last weekend and I like what I have seen so far. :respec:

21. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

22. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I watched a number of youtube previews and nothing stood out in particular to me. I'm hopeful for the 10-episode "Dracula" starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers. It doesn't debut until October 25th, though. There are about 20-odd shows that I'm going to watch at least one episode for, so hopefully I'll get a few favourites out of some of these.

He's the one who helped his fellow competitor with his shoulder injury, right? And the guy said, "I think I'm in love with you right now" after NinjaDoc put his shoulder back in? :lol:

That's not enough on the schedule. I found the trailer to be very vague. Two minutes on and I still don't really know what the show is about... :( But it's J.J. Abrams, so when (if?) this show makes the air, I'll watch at least a few episodes. :)

23. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

He works at your hospital?! That's so cool! He's been one of my favorite competitors and I was thrilled he made it past Stage 1. I'll be rooting for him hard this coming week! :cheer:

And American Ninja Warrior needs to be on every summer because it is SO enjoyable to watch and you don't miss much if you have to miss a week somewhere. It's perfect summer TV! :rollin:

24. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I've been watching Scandal season 2. I'm about halfway through and holy crap is this series amazing.

25. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

My niece works on the crew for Scandal. She will be pleased you like it. She loves working there.

26. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

It's made for binge watching! I can't wait until it comes back.

27. Artemis@BC

I'm still waiting for my library to get in season 2. They're usually pretty fast with new titles in both movies and TV, but perhaps because of end-of-summer / the long weekend they're a bit behind. I was really hoping to re-watch all of season 2 before season 3 starts in October.

(And yes, "holy crap" is indeed the correct phrase!)

28. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

29. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Being watching Orang is the New Black and HOLY SH!T$ that ending! :wideeyes:

30. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Me too! I am absolutely addicted and Olivia Pope is my hero. I have about 4 episodes left and I am kind of depressed but the good news is the premiere is Oct 3rd so it wont be a long wait.

Artemis, any chance you have Netflix streaming? Season 2 is on there, at least in the U.S.