2013-14 TV Season

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by GarrAarghHrumph, May 9, 2013.

1. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Watching the first episode of Recyify and like it. However I am not certain what is the point of the series. Does it lead up to whether or not Daniel did the crime he was accused off?

2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Ok so I have watched the first four episodes of Rectify on Netflix and realized the point of the show is not necessarily if he did it or not but how he deals with being part of the wider world again. And how the community deals with him. Loving this show so far and believe it has been renewed for a second 10 episode season.

3. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

4. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

Me too. Could they make Pelante any more of a caricature? Ugh, ugh, ugh.

5. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I'm not sad that The New Normal was canceled; the show was rife with forced repartee and NeNe Leakes got on my nerves with her non-acting self.

6. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

The entire time I was screaming "JUST WRITE IT DOWN BOOTH YOU MORON"

7. znachki

znachki Active Member

8. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Agent Colson was snuffed out during The Avengers. :lol: So how are they going to explain why he is still alive? It does look good but expensive and expensive shows don't last long.

9. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

I remember the actor playing Colson himself was surprised at this, for the very reason you mentioned. I don't remember if he mentioned how they get around the issue, but it's sci fi, so... :shrugs: why not?

10. dardar1126

Twitter:

11. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

Will miss her in many ways, but I'm sure it's time.

12. znachki

znachki Active Member

There are all kinds of theroies out there. The two big ones are the life decoy model, which was mentioned in the Avengers (and I think is in the comics), and also that we aren't really sure he died (even though it certainly looked like it), we only know that Nick Fury said so, and Nick Fury has been known to lie.

As for the budget, if anyone can make something out of a miniscule budget, it's Joss Whedon - he's known for that.

13. RomyNL

RomyNL Well-Known Member

After RED WIDOW, the new ABC show BETRAYAL is another TV show imported from the Netherlands *proud* :)

Buzz and (deleted member) like this.
  14. dardar1126

Twitter:

15. dardar1126

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-upfronts-nbc-fall-schedule-521421

TV Upfronts: NBC Fall Schedule Leaves 'Voice' Alone, Banks on Family Thursday (Analysis)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-upfronts-fox-fall-schedule-521496

TV Upfronts: Fox Fall Schedule Stays the Comedy Course (Analysis)

EDIT:

:fan21:

EDIT2:

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  16. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

17. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Thank Goodness!! One of the very few shows that's Can't Miss TV for me. I do understand though why CBS took so long w/the announcement though, as most of the contracts w/the cast *and* those running the show were up this year, but this is very good news indeed. :) Thanks to the both of you, as it was posted earlier in the thread, but as anything quoted off of Twitter disappears when I quote the post it's in...

So thanks to the both of you for the great CM news!!

Forgot to say this....It's a good TV pickup first show year for LOTR Alum. I get Karl Urban on my TV every week *and* Sean Bean gets a show where he's *not* killed off (yet)? Very much liking this news!!! :D

18. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

YAY! They moved Chicago Fire off of Wednesday nights (yay Tuesday!) and are giving it The Voice as a lead in!! Hope that brings in more viewers next season. This has become one of my favorite new shows and I'm so happy that NBC is giving it such a good slot. Now I'm just hoping that ABC doesn't move Nashville to Tuesday nights next season.....LOL :lol:

19. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

Completely random, but I had to laugh that JRM's alias in Dracula is Grayson, which is also the surname of the villains in ABC's Revenge (played by JRM's former Tudors co-star Henry Czerny)

20. dardar1126

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  21. dardar1126

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-upfronts-cbs-chief-leslie-523271

TV Upfronts: CBS Chief Leslie Moonves: 'We'll Try to be Less Smug'

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cbs-fall-schedule-523197

CBS Schedule: 'Millers' Nabs Post-'Big Bang Theory' Slot in New 4-Comedy Thursday Block

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-upfronts-abcs-fall-schedule-522215

TV Upfronts: ABC's Fall Schedule Spreads Disney Branding Across the Week (Analysis)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fox-schedule-glee-midseason-break-tuesday-comedy-521486

Fox Schedule: 'Glee' Gets Midseason Break; Tuesdays Add Male Comedy

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nbc-gives-new-drama-blacklist-521422

NBC Gives New Drama 'Blacklist' Post-'Voice' Slot on Mondays (schedule)

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  22. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I think I am the only person on the planet who hates OUAT. :lol: Any news on the rumoured new Wonder Woman series? Or is it dead again?

23. dardar1126

I started out liking OUAT...then gradually lost interest. When it and Grimm premiered I thought I'd like OUAT more than Grimm, but it was the opposite. The darker, edgier quality of Grimm won the day for me.

24. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

Wonder Woman is totally dead in the water from what all I've read and you're not the only one who dislikes OUAT but don't count me as one of those people with you because that's one of my favorite shows, LOL :lol: :shuffle:

25. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I like that OUAT will have 2 sets of 12 straight episodes, with the extended break taking place during the Winter Olympics. I could not forgive ABC for airing new episodes of Lost during the men's short and ladies' short.

26. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

I want Alphas back. NOW.

27. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

28. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

Why do people keep hiring Shyamalan to do things? I don't get it. He's terrible.

29. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

They are hiring him for things but keeping his involvement very hush hush. I can't remember now but one major movie that is coming out is his but they don't mention his name a single time during the trailer. Why hire someone if you can't even use their name. He has made some seriously awful movies.

30. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

After Earth is the one coming out in two weeks starring Will Smith and his son. Smith and his family are producing. You would think he would be smarter and hire a better director, with all the pull he has in the industry.