2013-14 TV Season

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by GarrAarghHrumph, May 9, 2013.

1. liv

liv Well-Known Member

Sherlock 3 wll be on? YES! Love that show and can hardly wait to see how he did it... you know what i mean.

I'm a fan of the Mentalist and finally we'll be finding out who Red John is in the next few weeks.

Missed Dracula.

2. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

I couldn't agree more but I haveto spread some reps to give it back to you. Personally BBT has gotten a lot better this season. It is like they are really evolving with the characters, plots, everything!

3. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Happy to hear this - the ratings have been bad, but I think it's a good premise with fun characters (for the most part, not big on the wife character as she is far too cliched in the tired and dated ball-and-chain model), and a really good cast, especially the two lead guys and their fathers. Speculation is that Fox is taking the whole season because they don't have much to replace it, plus the Seth MacFarlane factor.

Hopefully this gives it a chance to get going - it's already miles ahead of Seinfeld's first season in terms of character development, and look where that went when it had the chance :)

4. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

5. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Cleolinda's first Dracula recap is up!

"So Van Helsing shanks the greedy gold-taker (I'm sure he went looking for the most expendable doof possible) and cuts his throat all drippy right over the tomb because THE BLOOD IS THE LIFE, etc. (He says this out loud.) I don't know why this seemed like a perfectly cromulent course of action at the time or how I was explaining it to myself, but it did. Like, oh, I guess Van Helsing just wants to bring Dracula back to life so he can kill him extra dead because it's just not sporting otherwise? I don't know, I was drinking."

:lol:

6. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I missed it last Friday, will try to catch up tonight or tomorrow :cheer2:

7. AliasJohnDoe

8. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Still love Arrow but the island sequence takes too much of the show's hour and Laurel is still annoying and not improving. The show always have her dressed to the nines even in a cemetery. Would it hurt to have her dressed appropriately for the situation? Anyway that is just my little pet peeve. On the plus I am loving the Canary storyline. :respec:

9. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

My Roger's Nextbox was out of service for some four days and only came back yesterday, but never worry my bill just came on time today! :lol:

10. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

Yes indeed! I knew they were going to shoot another season though, Sherlock couldn't just let everyone think he was dead, now could him?

One could figure it out, since the Red John topic is coming up really frequently lately, but nice to know.

11. AliasJohnDoe

12. AliasJohnDoe

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  13. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

Just jumping in here to say that I think Robin Williams new show "The Crazy Ones" is just terrific. Placing Robin's character as the head of an ad agency allows him room to improvise and be creative, but they rein him in enough that he doesn't go over the top like he does sometimes. Sarah Michelle Gellar plays his daughter and partner and essentially plays the straight person, but with a vulnerable side. Interesting thing is that they are using real world clients to pitch to, like McDonald's and Charmin, which ads a bit of authenticity to the show. BTW, it does have a bit of a racy side, so you are warned...

Easily my favorite show off the new season.

l'etoile and (deleted member) like this.
  14. AliasJohnDoe

15. AliasJohnDoe

16. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

ITA!

17. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

This sounds really really familiar. Wasn't this something that The 4400 did? Weren't all of the returning people missing/dead and some from many years before?

I guess in The 4400 ALL of the people were just thought to be dead. In The Returned, were they truly dead? As in, their body was buried? Or is another case of they all were missing so assumed dead?

18. AliasJohnDoe

On "The 4400", they disappeared and came back(in a comet). So far, in "The Returned" they were dead because of a bus accident. The one guy was looking at his headstone in the cemetery, so i believe they were buried. I'm not sure if their original bodies are still in the graves though.

ABC has a new series starting soon called "Resurrection" which looks familiar to the plot of "The Returned".

19. Seerek

Seerek Well-Known Member

ABC sitcoms news...

"Back in the Game" not getting any additional order of episodes beyond its original 13.

"Trophy Wife" and "The Goldbergs" getting full season of 22 episodes.

"Super Fun Night" with 4 additional episodes ordered (might be truncated full season considering that "Suburgatory" and "The Neighbours" are coming back to the schedule at some point in the year).

20. AliasJohnDoe

21. AliasJohnDoe

22. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Am loving Masters of Sex! (especially the last two episodes) :respec: Lizzy Caplan and Michael Sheen are awesome. One of the best shows on TV right now, IMO

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  23. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

24. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

Well, the only new shows that I am still watching now are The Blacklist (James Spader is awesome), OUAT in Wonderland (the CGI is awful but I want to see what happens next), The Goldbergs (now THAT is a show that consistently makes me laugh :lol: ), and Trophy Wife (fun show with a great cast). I'm glad ABC is giving the two comedies the whole season to find their footing better because I think they're both pretty fun overal and have potentiall. I haven't really checked out much else this year but I am still watching my regular shows too so I didn't want to add too much to my schedule. :)

25. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

The Blacklist is certainly growing on me. That is mostly because of Spader and the Blond dude, but the chick is still too stereotypical to be anything but annoying to me. LOL

26. AliasJohnDoe

"Sleepy Hollow" just got even better with the additions of John Noble and James Frain. I hope they last longer than just guest appearances.

27. AliasJohnDoe

28. AliasJohnDoe

29. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Well Frain has suddenly a lot more free time on his hands so maybe he will be back. LOL

30. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

Ron Moore is also doing an adaptation of Outlander. Not particularly interested in it as Romance Novels aren't my thing, but Ron Moore did such a good job of turning a camp 70s show into an epic that I may check it out. Plus Tobias Menzies is in it.