2013-14 TV Season

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by GarrAarghHrumph, May 9, 2013.

1. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Some Space shows are available online, some aren't. To do with licensing agreements, I'm assuming.
  2. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

Saw screenings of Reign and Dracula. Felt bad for the cast of Reign because NYCC is the wrong place to show this and the crowd pretty much panned it. But honestly, it did suck. It reminds me of season 1 of the tudors which did suck in the beginning but was then saved by the awesome acting. But there's no James Frain, Sam neill,or Natalie Dormer here, although Rossif Sutherland as Nostrodamus was quite interesting.

Dracula reminds me of Revenge. Heck, Dracula's alias is even named Grayson. Not sure if this will be a fav but I do want to see the next episode.
  3. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

Is anyone else watching "Masters of Sex"?

So far my only new find this season.
  4. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  5. Sofia Alexandra

Sofia Alexandra Well-Known Member

Can it be Sherlock time yet?
  6. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Spin Alissa Spin!!!

7. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised to see Once drop even further. It's become so incredibly DULL. :yawn:
  8. AliasJohnDoe

I'm looking forward to "Grimm" at 9pm and "Dracula" at 10pm on October 25th. Doesn't conflict with any of my other shows. (except for "Haven" on SYFY. But I can watch that when it repeats at midnight)
  9. AliasJohnDoe

I was excited and really looking forward to "Witches of East End". But after watching last nights episode, I now know what is meant by "really bad writing and acting". It's so awful, I actually felt bad for Julia Ormond. What did she get herself into? "Charmed" would deserve an Emmy compared to this. Disappointed is the least I can say.
  10. AliasJohnDoe

11. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I am this close to being done with The Walking Dead. They need a change of scenery immediately. I thought maybe they would change things up with this new character but she went and offed herself immediately. I have absolutely no doubt that her story will come up later, otherwise why waste an entire episode on her? Hopefully her appearance means something otherwise I am afraid it is a big sign that this season will be exactly like last season with random people thrown in and killed off just as quickly.
  12. AliasJohnDoe

When she mentioned "not helping a little girl" who came running out of the trees screaming, I immediately thought maybe she was talking about Sophia. Maybe they will give a back story on her through one of the webisode series.

The latest 3-part webisode series showed who chained the hospital doors with the zombies in at the hospital Rick woke up in in the first episode of season 1.
    The chained doors that were painted "Don't Open Dead Inside".
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...dead-the-oath-webisodes-released---watch.html
  13. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I'm not interested in "The Tomorrow People" not sure why. Perhaps it's a tad too formulaic. Don't like that the bad guy is yet another sekret government agency which is lead by Mr. Big Bad and Evil who straight off the bat does something well big bad and evil. And of course our social outcasts/anti-heroes can do all this fantastic stuff but not kill because of a genetic mutation?! Or maybe it's because the show reminds me too much of the movie Jumper. :lol: Super Fun Night is the only new comedy I have watched and LOVE it!
  14. AliasJohnDoe

15. AliasJohnDoe

16. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

I continue to find Agents of SHIELD highly entertaining.
  17. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Me too! And it keeps getting better and better! :cheer2:
  18. AliasJohnDoe

19. AliasJohnDoe

20. BigB08822

Glee fell hard and fast. I remember when the songs would take over iTunes and the billboard charts each week. The problem is that they should have introduced a revolving door of cast members like real high school instead of sticking to the same main group of kids. I know they eventually did but it took too long.
  21. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

All my picks seems to be doing well enough this season. :respec:
  22. AliasJohnDoe

23. AliasJohnDoe

24. AliasJohnDoe

25. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I watched three minutes of "Reign" and I stopped. The second episode of "The Tomorrow People" sucked. I think my mind is no longer capable of keeping my attention focused on an entire episode. Heck, my mind wanders during a figure skating routine.
    smurfy and (deleted member) like this.
  26. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

I got around to watching the first episode of da vincis demons. A cameo by Lord Grantham and Thomas Boleyn, in all his scheming glory? Im there.
  27. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

I'm with you on Reign. I think I got only 1 minute. I tuned in and thought "Is this really supposed to be set hundreds of years ago?" The use of language, the costumes, the make-up and hair - I didn't bother to see whether anything else was worth watching.
  28. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

It got panned by the NYCC crowd. I will say that The Tudors had the same problem in the beginning of being too focused on the sex and sizzle but improved considerably once the other characters became more prominent. However, the Tudors had an excellent cast with Natalie Dormer, Henry Cavill, and Sarah Bolger being breakout stars. Reign's cast is ok. Torrance coombs played Thomas Culpepper as a sociopath quite well but was also quite likeable in Endgame. Neither of the two other leads made me sympathize with their characters and I don't think Megan Follows and Kieffer Sutherlands brother can ever hold a candle to Nick Dunning and Henry Czerny in the scheming department. And I liked Alan Van Sprang better with the eye patch.
  29. AliasJohnDoe

30. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I'm sorry, what were you saying?
  31. AliasJohnDoe

32. AliasJohnDoe

33. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Laughing my way through Reign/aka Tudors 2.0 but omgosh, Megan Follows (Anne of Green Gables)!! Not buying this show at all but my inner child demands that I watch for her.

Also, Terrence Coombs :swoon:

And can't wait for Hieroglyphs! I was a huge Egypt history nerd growing up - not that I expect this to abide by history, but I'm so watching. Sounds like good people involved in production.
  34. AliasJohnDoe

35. AliasJohnDoe

36. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Is there a reason, good or otherwise, that I am watching a re-run of Sleepy Hollow instead of the promised new episode?! :mad:
  37. AliasJohnDoe

38. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

39. BigB08822

Was FOX not aware of when the World series is usually played? :lol:
  40. AliasJohnDoe