2013-14 Program Music & Choreographer news & info known to date

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarumiAyane

NarumiAyane New Member

2. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

That would be great: "Maria de Buenos Aires" has a lot of great music.

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  3. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Well, I love the Four Seasons and it'd be nice to see someone win gold with it some day. I'm far from being a fan of Chan's, but I think if he had to go back to an old routine/music, then Four Seasons is a great choice.

4. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough, Chan's Four Seasons FP is not entirely from Vivaldi's Four Seasons. There are sections from "Summer" and "Winter," but the middle section is from Corelli's "Christmas Concerto."

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  5. lahaa968

lahaa968 Active Member

6. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

With Chan, it's never the program that I worry. It doesn't have to be an artistic masterpiece, it just has to be an effective vehicle for him to show off his many wonderful skating qualities. He beat the eventual World Champion with that program in 2008 at Nationals, he can certainly win an Olympics with it.

I am more interested in his training.

7. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

This is probably the second half of her free program and that at least means she isn't totally reusing her 2011 program which was purely classical version. And at least she isn't keeping that howler monkey program from last season. But there goes my wish of having her reprise Swan Lake.

8. sadya

sadya Active Member

blazingblades.tumblr.com/ has posted a clip of the FS of Chan uploaded on YouTube by Keiko12311:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uKmpH3IzmE&feature=share

I always liked 4 Seasons by Vivaldi. Many skaters have used it in all disciplines, yet, this is one few pieces of music which doesn't tire me even after hearing it often, especially the summer and winter parts.

9. lahaa968

lahaa968 Active Member

I love that you used "howler monkey", I just got a great flashback to Golden Girls. :rofl:

Swan Lake could have worked beautifully for her...but I shudder to think what dress they'd come up with for Sotnikova. Maybe Shizuka can lend her the techno-bondage dress she wore to the same music in 2004? :lol::shizuka1:

10. casken

casken Well-Known Member

11. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Rather not. Doing Swan Lake after Ashley and Mao has done it so well would make judges make comparison. I don't think she wants to use the same music as Mao did the last season.

12. kapriza

kapriza Member

Nobunari Oda's FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq6G4VhwpoQ
    so nice to see him back. great performance.
    Japanese Nationals are going to be heartbreaking. So many talented young men and only 3 olympics spots - Takahashi, Hanyu, Kozuka, Oda, Mura and others :(

13. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

Chan's jump issues seem to be related to stamina rather than poor technique. His first 4-3 was beautiful. Remember he has trained at altitude in the past which he is no longer doing. I was impressed that the non-jump elements held together as well as they did given how clearly exhausted he was at the end of the skate. At least he didn't fall ;)

14. skatingfan04

skatingfan04 Active Member

15. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

Ross Miner's FS is music by Michael W. Smith from his Glory CD per this Icenetwork article. He's fulfilling the rite of passage that all SCOB skaters must skate to Michael W. Smith at some point in their career. ;)

16. Bailey_

Bailey_ Guest

Love Paul and Islam's free dance. I loved their free dance last year. I really hope this is a good year for them...

17. Bailey_

Bailey_ Guest

Chan's free skate doesn't seem to be available at the previous link. anybody have another link?

18. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

19. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

Bobrova/Soloviev: I think that they are good dancers however there is something unpolished about them and it was evident even last season. He in particular seems like he rushes and when compared to skaters like Scott Moir, Andre Poje, he totally misses the boat on his body position, line and character of the music. This years material seems better than last year.

Paul/Islam: I think that it's sad that in order for them to really break into the top of the pack, they will ahve to distort their beautiful skating with 700million additional steps etc. Their programs are just mesmerizing. They look like they stepped right out of a dream to me. I was a fan of theirs last year with the Edith Pilaf SP they did. she's is gorgeous and he is everything to her as a partner and they look fabulous. They skate butter smooth and Pasquale gives them perfect material. I want to enjoy this team before they succumb to the mandates of COP in order to win.

20. lahaa968

lahaa968 Active Member

While I liked Mao's Swan Lake and Ashley's Black Swan, I don't think they were untouchable. Adelina has the ballerina body type (long limbs; long arms, legs) and body line to pull it off.

Though, in my book, no one touches Sasha's Swan Lake. :swoon:

Coco and (deleted member) like this.
  21. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

I prefer Mao's and Ashley's to Sasha's.

22. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Adelina was a baby ballerina when she was younger, but now she is more of a fiery athletic skater. Next to Gao and Kostner, her legs are not long at all, and she's not very tall either, so ballerina is not the best comparison. Physically she is more like Ashley.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc9kof0OCE1rxqlhvo1_500.jpg http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/16...Zh+QPGnUMjVVF2nEIJJTr9z/NEOzQ5wsY59f0u/uoLw==

She has good stretch and carriage on the ice, but I think she will do best with programs that show off her power, raw athleticism, and sassy personality. Girl has got spunk and it shouldn't be wasted with bland ballet programs (however if she wanted to channel crazy Natalie Portman in Black Swan, I think she could do so very convincingly.)

23. rosewood

rosewood Well-Known Member

24. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

25. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

Warhorse notwithstanding, the music itself suits Hanyu IMO. This could be very :swoon:

26. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

but he already skated to Romeo and Juliet 2 years ago...and I hate Nino Rota's version ad nauseum

27. galaxy

galaxy Active Member

I'm a little confused and shocked. While Hanyu was staying in Japan for Dreams on Ice and Fantasy on Ice, there was some news on his SP. It said his coaches were hesitating on keeping last season's, and he wanted a new SP. He said he knew he couldn't show the best of last SP at London Worlds, but still he wanted to show a new thing and Jeffrey Buttle had been thinking a lot about it for him. I was wondering which side had been convinced. And it's surprising FP is R&J again...
    Maybe his injuries have not been healed yet?

28. rosewood

rosewood Well-Known Member

Seems one of the most popular newspaper in Japan, Asahi-shinbun interviewed with Orser and it tweeted: https://twitter.com/asahi_sports/status/370069277987991552
    My rough translation: About keeping Hanyu's SP, Oser comented "'(As he was) going to try the new one of a similar image, then I thought even keeping last season's SP would be good". Discussing with Hanyu who was going to try new one, he (and Hanyu) decided to keep his SP.

It sounds Oser offered to keep although Hanyu wanted to change at first.

29. torren

torren New Member

It is unexpected... He talked he might make a new SP, because he loves challenging, want to do new things, Like already he decided to make new SP

and I thought he is a type of skater who feels unpleasant with reusing programs due to his past interviews

30. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Tomas Verner's programs: https://www.facebook.com/tomasvernerweb/posts/10151813263475943

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.