2013-14 Program Music & Choreographer news & info known to date

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

The organizers would be silly if they involve him in the Opening and Closing ceremonies.

2. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Ooh - maybe Sinitsina and Zhiganshin won't have Die Fledermaus now...

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. rosewood

rosewood Well-Known Member

4. dots

dots Well-Known Member

Wonderful!

They keep challenging themselves each year, and that will make them stronger in the long run.

I still see them as the front runners for 2018.

5. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

I don't see their previous programs as challenging themselves. In their last season SD probably, but otherwise no.The 'Memoirs of Geisha' FD was different from their previous senior programs, but I hardly see that as challenging themselves considering that they had done Asian themed programs at least twice while they were juniors + they themselves are of Asian (Japanese) descent. That said, I did like their last season programs, especially that FD, and I hope that their new programs will be even better and more interesting.

6. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Richard Dornbush spoke to Sarah & Drew about his new programs in the latest edition of their blog (scroll down): http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130710&content_id=53304442&vkey=ice_news
    Relevant excerpt:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  7. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Please tell me the Lennon piece isn't "Imagine," or I will be forced to vomit profusely.

8. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

^^^ My guess is that it's "Imagine." ;)

Re-posting this news video link from the Kaetlyn Osmond fan thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...anada-s-hope&p=3953855&viewfull=1#post3953855

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  9. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Sounds like great choices for her and the costumes look simple but very nice.

10. operagirl

operagirl Active Member

My question is - If Chan's difficult transitions don't transition into successful jumps, why are the transitions considered successful?

11. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I guess they're successful because the code rewards them in both the PCS mark and in the jump's GOE (so if a skater fails to land a jump, he or she can offset his or her -3 deduction by having the base value of the jump be higher than 0).

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  12. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

13. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

I recall Christopher Mabee hitting those in practices. :watch:

spikydurian and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Since I don't see it listed yet: P/B have announced their SD theme and at least some of the music - We built our program with Laurie May Ayivigan, on the theme "Bob Fosse" (with the famous music piece "Sing, Sing, Sing").

Sing, Sing, Sing sounds meh, a Bob Fosse theme sounds interesting. We'll see soon enough which it is, I guess...

(re the topic above: I recall a lot of people landing jumps in practice that they never managed successfully in competition ;))

15. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

Somebody just tweeted that Daisuke's FS is a Beatles medley, too? Sorry, I'm on my phone and can't link it.

16. rosewood

Asahi Shinbun Sports(@asahi_sports) tweeted in Japanese.
    Daisuke Takahashi's new programs are
    SP ”Sonatine for Violins”(in lliteral transration. Is it "Violin Sonatine" ?)
    FS ”Beatles Medley”

17. midori

midori Well-Known Member

18. rosewood

Someone asked Asahi Shinbun Sports about his SP and the answer is:
    https://twitter.com/asahi_sports/status/355191563560824832
    Daisuke Takahashi's SP is to "Sonatina for Violin" by Mamoru Samuragouchi. The Choreographer is Kenji Miyamoto. FS is "Beatles Medley"(Yesterday, Come Together, Friends and Lovers, In My Life and Winding Road). The choreographer is Lori Nichol.

kwanfan1818 and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

:cheer2: to Dai working with Miyamoto again :) Is there a link for the music? I've never heard of it.

Hopefully Nichol will come up with something more along the lines of her work with Kostner (quality-wise, not in terms of style) than some of the boring stuff she does for other skaters.

20. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed

21. rayhaneh

rayhaneh New Member

I am really excited about the SP to the Sonatina for Violin (if it's indeed Samuragochi's, it should be this one http://youtu.be/Rv6lXsrq1Hk). Miyamoto and Takahashi seem to understand each other really well looking back at all the programs they have worked on together and and I hope it shows in this piece too

And I am both excited and anxious to see the free skate now: with that music choice and Lori choreographying it, I expect it to be either sublime or completely bland. If done well if could become quite emotional though as it could really read as a sort of "last hurrah" program

And confirmation non of this is from Morozov, which is the best news I've had since the end of last season to be honest

22. rosewood

I understand you as his choice is apart from our expectation.;)

This is the 50th(actuary 51st?) anniversary since Beatles first released their single in Russia. So Beatles is being a trend among skaters/choreographers this season, I guess. Beatles’ first single 50th anniversary

23. casken

casken Well-Known Member

Oh good, five Beatles songs mashed into four and a half minutes. :shuffle:

24. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

When was the last time a pop medley program won the Olympics?

25. rosewood

I'm afraid it's not. I couldn't find any vids of it on youtube so far. Unfortunately it didn't work for me(I guess it's my PC :/), but hopefully you can listen to the music at the preview site of iTune for some seconds for free. There are the numbers(from 1 to 9) at the upper part of the site, then number 1 is the music which you found on youtube. And number 2 is the music of Daisuke's SP, "Sonatina for Violin".
    https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/shakonnu-zuo-cun-he-nei-shou/id491256269

Edit: Finally it worked for me!! It's a dramatic music and has beautiful melody.

26. rayhaneh

rayhaneh New Member

Ah, thank you for the correction! I had already heard the one I linked to so I kinda jumped to conclusions there ;) I could listen to about 45'' of it on the amazon japan website: sounds like a very "choreograph-able" music to me. Can't wait to see Kenji Miyamoto's take on it :)

27. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

The idea of a Beatles medley struck dread in my heart, but those choices aren't that bad! I don't think many skaters have used those. And no "Imagine." :cheer2:

28. lala

lala Well-Known Member

I love Dai's choice! :watch::cheer:

29. rosewood

At the amazon shopping site(not a preview site) I found a short explanation of the music. It says Samuragouchi dedicated it to one of his students, a girl at the age of 11.(Since she doesn't have from fingers to elbow of her right arm congenitally,) Miku Ohkubo, the student, plays violin with special artificial arm.
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/シャコンヌ-~佐村河内守-弦楽作品集-佐村河内守/dp/B0064FF12M/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_t_1_55QB

I remember I have seen her playing violin on a charity TV program. Miku is a girl who played violin and Mao skated to it. She was much younger when she appeared on the program with Mao. She continued practicing violin and she improved a lot since then.
    Miku and Mao were so impressive and heart-warming. This is the video:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6lofa_24tv-mao-miku-part3_sport?start=0#.Ud6aEdJ0R0U
    I think this is the recent photo of hers:
    http://community.phileweb.com/images/entry/338/33875/3L.jpg?1352989342
    And one more. The girl in a black dress is Miku and the only man is Mamoru Samuragouchi.
    http://img5.blogs.yahoo.co.jp/ybi/1...der/1254778/img_1254778_39367057_0?1326503696

30. reut

reut Active Member

This. The only problem is that last season he also started with two "non-Morozov" programs, but...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.