2012 Wintersun (AUS)

Discussion in 'Kiss And Cry 2014-2015' started by AusTechSpec, Jun 26, 2012.

1. AusTechSpec

AusTechSpec Member

The schedule can be found here.....
    (Note, these schedules are subject to multiple changes, expect more versions)

Also the draw and entries can be found here.....

2. AusTechSpec

AusTechSpec Member

Can I start by saying 16 JUNIOR LADIES!!!! AND 9 SENIOR LADIES!!!!

This is a good start, you need a big field to increase the competitiveness...

3. can'tsk8

can'tsk8 Member

Great lets look forward to a great competition! Best of luck to them all

4. AusTechSpec

AusTechSpec Member

Indeed, we have seen some of these girls trying triples in their programs last year, will be great to see how they have improved since Nationals...

Also great to see the Queensland pairs in there, I do love watching them....

Anyone know why Veera and Callum didn't enter, haven't had a chance to see them compete all year....
    How is Callums injury coming along? Anyone from Canterbury with the inside scoop?

OH and I just noticed, Lochran is down with his new Russian dance partner...!!!

5. can'tsk8

can'tsk8 Member

I have so much respect for those girls/boys who try the more difficult jumps/elements in local competition, I understand them not doing it internationally, BUT if they hope to improve they need to take the chance and try under competition conditions.

Hope Callum is better soon, I didn't know he was injured!

Lochran has a new partneer, is she Russian or is she an Aussie?

6. AusTechSpec

AusTechSpec Member

I sighted Callum on crutches at Hollins....

And from what I know it's a partner flown in from Russia to dance for Aus... Should be interesting.....

7. sk8ingcoach

sk8ingcoach Active Member

Will be interesting to see who fights for the JGP entries

8. can'tsk8

can'tsk8 Member

All the Junior and Seniors are there for JGP's!!!!!

9. can'tsk8

can'tsk8 Member

I believe there is an Aus dance skater in Melbourne training with a Russian Male, does anyone know if they intend to compete?

10. Oz_sk8ting_mum

Oz_sk8ting_mum New Member

:sekret: They were supposed to already be back in the US training, but that has been delayed until Callum's foot is fully well ... He is just back on the Ice this week after around 5 weeks off with a foot injury.

11. Oz_sk8ting_mum

I thought he went back to Russia (unconfirmed though), He and his partner came to COIR for a week but that was early in the year ... . If he didn't maybe they skated at Dragon City?? Can't find results anywhere.

12. Oz_sk8ting_mum

Cool, great to see a few more couples. There are two more couples in Sydney who plan to test Junior before the end of the year so a possibility of 5 Junior couples for Nationals!! :eek:

13. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

As far as I know he went back to Russia and they are not skating together anymore.

14. sk8ingcoach

Who do we think are going to get the JGP spots ???

15. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

What a great line - up.

16. AusTechSpec

AusTechSpec Member

I agree...

Especially Junior Ladies, Senior Ladies and Senior Men.... Should be good to see....

17. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

Are the Dodds who are doing novice, junior and senior pairs (and single events as well) all brothers? Or is it just a coincidence of same last name? Great for them if they are all siblings who love to skate!

18. Sylvia

Sylvia Worlds is HERE & NOW!

19. sammyf

sammyf Well-Known Member

http://www.odt.co.nz/sport/snowsports/173544/snowsports-competition-family-affair

20. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

It's so rare for siblings to skate at the elite level.

It's crazy that three are in senior, and that they do pairs as well. Where do they find the time? Or have they been genetically cloned and they're just not letting on.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  21. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

I have seen her skating with a different boy since the Russian went back.

It seems also unfair for an Australian boy to get a Russian girl.. with so many Australian girls look for partners...

22. AusTechSpec

AusTechSpec Member

Ooh Dodds boys, I know them very well so I can give you all the information there...

Yes there are 4 of them, 3 of them do pairs as well and from looking at the test list from Queensland 2 of them just did a dance test hahaha.
    As already said 3 of them are currently at Uni, the youngest Ryan is still in Highschool.
    The most impressive thing about this family in my opinion is their involvement in the sport...
    All 4 boys teach skate school, one of them for free while the other three have their level 1 accreditation.. One of them has done a lot of trial judging and another has done a lot of tech assistant for low level comps...
    Their mother also judges although their aren't many events available to her as her sons are in most of them...hahaha:lol::lol:
    The eldest brother Matthew also does a lot of work for Queensland running seminars and camps for them...

True example of a Family giving back to the sport....

23. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

That is amazing.

24. sk8ingcoach

Dont forget that the Dodds and their coach all travel 1 and 1/2 hours to get to the rink everyday.

25. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

Wow, that's an amazing story about the Dodd family. Now I feel obligated to root for them all. I'm going to try and find some YouTube videos of these chaps when I get a chance! :)

26. can'tsk8

can'tsk8 Member

If anyone is at Wintersun it would be great to hear your thoughts :)

27. AusTechSpec

AusTechSpec Member

I am at Wintersun ;)

Anything in particular you would like an update on?

28. Oz_sk8ting_mum

Is there a results link anywhere? I can't find one.

29. can'tsk8

can'tsk8 Member

Would be good to get some news on Junior and Senior events. Best of luck to all the skaters! Scores would be good if the results are not on line :)

Not all of the skaters named in the International Pool document seem to be competing does that mean they are not eligible for JGP's?

30. JorTomLeeGra

JorTomLeeGra New Member

Anybody know a website link to take a look at the results & scores from Wintersun?