2012 Skate Canada High Performance Camp

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

Pj Kwong ( ‏@skatingpj ) tweeted:
    @PaulDPoirier:
    ‏@AsherHill:
    2012-2013 Skate Canada National Team members: http://www.skatecanada.ca/en-us/development/highperformance/nationalteam.aspx

ETA this hearsay info was posted today in the Grand Prix Assignments thread (Steele/Schultz are still listed on the National Team page as of today):
    Someone else posted hearsay info back on August 1 about Steele being "in a cast" as the reason why they had to withdraw from several U.S. club competitions earlier this summer.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  2. Sylvia

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

According to PJ, Dube & Wolfe aren't at camp because they aren't at the right level of readiness yet. Does that mean their programs aren't done or could it be something else?
  4. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

PJ is tweeting music choices right now. Carmen for V&M's FD, La Boheme for Chan's Free.
  5. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

And V/M's SD is a waltz composed by Anthony Hopkins (as in the actor).
  6. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

PJ also tweeted

Amelie Lacoste's jumps looked greatly improved - higher n stronger - nice 3Lz/3toe (I think) combo! #cbcskates​

which is music to my ears.
  7. hohoho

hohoho Member

From my sources, Lacoste wasn't doing 3Lz/3T, she was doing 3Lz/2L. Osmond was doing 3Lz/3T. I would be very surprised if Lacoste was doing 2 triple toe jumps in combo.
  8. danafan

danafan Canadian ladies über

I don't recall Lacoste doing a solo triple toe in the last several seasons either.

I wonder if Desanctis and Najarro are there.
  9. hohoho

hohoho Member

Only Lacoste and Osmond there. Phaeuf (if skating), Najarro (if skating), and Desanctis are supposed to arrive for festivities on Friday night and Saturday
  10. nynyfee

nynyfee Active Member

A 3lutz/3l is plan in the short program and it is probably what PJ saw. And yes she is capable of doing it....
  11. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

12. Sylvia

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  13. Sylvia

14. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Paul Poirier just tweeted,

Today the entire national team was introduced to @SkateCanada's new partner, @THOMASSABO! We're all so excited! ​

Thomas Sabo Skate Canada?

http://www.thomassabo.com/CA-en/

I don't know where they live in the market spectrum: are they direct competition for Birks (for which Rochette has a collection)? Is there overlap between them and Birks? Or do they target different price points entirely?
  15. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I would say different market. Have a look at the website of each to see the difference. I prefer the style of Thomas Sabo.
  16. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

Great connection.. timely too as Sabo is becoming quite trendy.. I know they are also involved with F1.. I think the Thomas Sabo pieces are popular and their prices are very reasonable.. I've seen the college kids wearing the cotton charm bracelets - the coloured ones.. I think it's going to become the lulu lemon of cool jewelry.. their stuff comes packaged lovely as well.. :cool:
  17. skatingwatcher

skatingwatcher New Member

2012-2013 Skate Canada National Team members: http://www.skatecanada.ca/en-us/development/highperformance/nationalteam.aspx

ETA this hearsay info was posted today in the Grand Prix Assignments thread (Steele/Schultz are still listed on the National Team page as of today):

Someone else posted hearsay info back on August 1 about Steele being "in a cast" as the reason why they had to withdraw from several U.S. club competitions earlier this summer.[/QUOTE]

Lots more to this story. She was dropped from a twist and injured her ankle. But she is back on the ice, better than ever, starting a new and exciting chapter !
  18. quebecoise

quebecoise New Member

According to this French's article, it says Jessica still has her ankle's injury and they didn't have enough time to train enough(I don't know what that means exactly between if they didn't even begun their new programs, or if they are not just ready to show the programs.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/autre...la-carriere-de-cynthia-phaneuf-compromise.php

19. spikydurian

spikydurian New Member

20. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

^^
    Thank you, quebecoise. An ankle injury, that's unfortunate. I wondered why Dube/Wolfe weren't at the Quebec summer championships in Pierrefonds, and also missed this camp. So SC will be checking with them weekly to determine their readiness for the GP season.
  21. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

Lots more to this story. She was dropped from a twist and injured her ankle. But she is back on the ice, better than ever, starting a new and exciting chapter ![/QUOTE]

oh my goodness..so glad she is okay, what a brave skater she is - don't know how those pairs can fly like that.. let's hope its another great chapter in her skating career :)
  22. Sylvia

23. halffull

halffull Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting, Sylvia :)
  24. Sylvia

25. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

26. tut88

tut88 New Member

wau !!! They all look great !
    But Poje wins ! :p
  27. halffull

halffull Well-Known Member

^^^ without question! :D
  28. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Scott has the most Likes for his pictures and understandably so. HE.IS.THE.HOTTEST.:p
  29. yfbg722

yfbg722 Active Member

I'm team Poje all the way. Scott is cute but Andrew is gorgeous :D