2012 Michael Weiss Foundation "Ice Champions Live!" Show ~ Sept. 8 in Arlington, VA

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Wonderful pics!!

2. Simone411

Simone411 Just Flip-Flopping Around

Thanks y'all for sharing the review, pics and video! I appreciate it! :)

3. alij

alij Active Member

Sounds like a great show, I wish we got more chances in the UK to see shows other than Disney or Holiday on Ice, but i know that historically audiences have not turned up in sufficient numbers.

People being surprised that John Kerr can jump are maybe forgetting he competed as a singles skater up until about 17/18 and had most of his triples, trickier on dance blades I know but a single axel shouldn't be too tricky for him.

DId I read on twitter or somewhere that Sinead had issues reentering the States?

4. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Going through my pics...hopefully I should at least have Nagasu, Meissner and Wagner to share by today, or late tomorrow.

5. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the flip was at the beginning and the loop was toward the end (in the new second-half bonus), but those were the jumps.
    Who knows whether she might end up rearranging for competition during the season.

Nice to see a strong, mysterious program from a woman.

This was my favorite because of the complexity of the skating in between what elements there were. Leave it to an ice dancer. :)

6. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Thanks to all for the reports!

7. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone for their reviews and photos. Sounds like it was a wonderful show with a great cast.

Nice to hear that Brian is still performing in shows. :)

8. Triple Butz

Triple Butz Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the reviews...I can't believe I didn't go to this event- I live 15 min away :(

9. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I was supposed to be out of town, but I couldn't go, so I could have gone to the show had I gotten tickets. Boo!

10. RD

RD Well-Known Member

11. MissIzzy

MissIzzy Active Member

12. KatieIDC

KatieIDC New Member

13. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Thank you for your blogs, pics, and reports! We just got home from DC last night, and had a wonderful time @ the show. ITA about the sound system with its problems. We had to train to hear the announcements during the beginning of the show. I don't have much to add (since the rest of you covered it so well), but we noticed a funny thing during the final bows. Ashley & Brian were standing together, sort of playfully "shaking their booty."

We also loved the moment when Mike, Dan, & Ryan did backflips together. A friend sitting next to us was worried when Dan went back to the skater's entrance instead of coming back onto the ice. I said to her, that I thought he'd be back with Mike & Ryan for a triple threat backflip @ the end. Oh, when Brian B. was skating, my husband kept asking me if he would do his magnificent spread eagle. I assured him that he probably would, towards the end, and he did not disappoint!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  14. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Hehe, I noticed too! I got a couple pictures of that.

15. Capella

Capella Guest

16. paskatefan

That I would love to see! Bring them on! :lol: :D

Katie, your pics are amazing! Thank you!

17. RD

RD Well-Known Member

It will be a couple more days before I have my pics up. I took a LOT of photos and it's taking time to go through all of them. I have not yet decided if I will include that one in the set, but if I don't, I can PM it to you. How about that?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  18. paskatefan

Sounds good! I would love to see it, and I'll be patient! :D

19. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  20. paskatefan

Great job! You got a lot of neat action photos! :D :)

21. crzesk8dad

crzesk8dad Active Member

22. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Thanks! I just did some re-arranging/reuploading of files, etc. and hopefully now it should be final. :)

Since my space on Flickr is limited (I use their free service, don't wish to pay) I don't foresee these pics staying up forever. Eventually I'll have to take them down, so enjoy them while you can. (However, you can relax- probably won't need to do so for a while)

ETA: For those who follow me on Twitter, I tweeted some other pics that are not in the above album.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  23. Simone411

Simone411 Just Flip-Flopping Around

Very nice photography, RD! :respec: Thanks for sharing the photos! :)