2012 Golden Spin of Zagreb, Dec. 13-15, Croatia

Discussion in 'Kiss And Cry 2014-2015' started by Sylvia, Nov 30, 2012.

1. npavel

npavel Well-Known Member

I really like Carolina programs, both SP and LP.
    In the LP the jumps didn't work out today, hopefully it will next time, than it can be fully appreciated. Great step sequence. This is really a program that begins slowly and becomes bigger and bigger and she express just that. She told in the interview in the beginning of December that she is late in preparation and it still is work in progress.

2. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

First competitions problems for kosnter. Clean jumps were basically 3t-2t and 2a. Basically accomplished the lutz though. Don't know if it will be back.

3. babayaga

babayaga Active Member

I didn't like the LP either. I love the short, though. With the long, maybe I am just tired of all Bolero programs this year, and this one did not seem any more interesting than everything else done this season to the same music. And it does look empty, but it is understandable if it is a work in progress.

4. os168

os168 Active Member

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  5. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Shelepen it appears is still being hampered by the injury. Very low score :(

Happy for Carolina!

6. LKR

LKR Active Member

Love the SP for Carolina, not so much the LP, but it's great to see her back in competition.

And on another note, Isadora Williams (BRA) meets the minimum TES requirement in the LP for Worlds! Let's hope she can get the SP requirement before then.

7. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

i never was that big fan of kostner (as i say it by most of all other skaters) but i really like seeing her bringing the lutz back in her program. that´s a good sign tha she´s going for triple lutz and flip with all dthose discussions about programs with 3t3t, axel, and salchows...

i like the package of the program, needs to develop, but there´s time. great she´s back. and absolutely great thet s/s salchow memorial ending :D

and it seems ando brought the head-up/own-thing-pirouette (don´t know the name) back in the game. since her fs 2011 a lot of ladies have it in theri routine.

8. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

Had to miss gala due to migraine. I am out of shape when it comes to staying at rink-side all day.

I was very excited about the lutz, even with how it turned out. She is bringing it back and I am happy.

My impression is that Carolina wanted to let herself go to the music.

The program is slow and it is somewhat strange seeing Caro skating slowly BUT it is very smooth and looks sophisticated. She is being flirty and I love it. As the rhythm picks up (the cut of the music is maybe a little off) she picks up speed but it is very hard to notice when & where she does starts gliding/skating faster. I think this program will grow. She has only started.

9. Fancypancy

Fancypancy Active Member

Reed/ Reed got bad scores did they qualify for
    world I wonder ?

10. LKR

LKR Active Member

The Reeds have already met the TES minimums to qualify for Worlds.

11. zigzig

zigzig Active Member

I like Carolina's new program - it's empty but it has a nice funky vibe and she's certainly very musical.
    So, are Europeans the last chance she has to make the minimum TES for the free program before worlds? She missed it by 0.63 here.

12. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

^She made the minimums last year. She can go to Worlds.

13. zigzig

zigzig Active Member

D'oh - that's right, I kept thinking she skipped a whole year rather than just the GP series. Thanks!

14. skatak

skatak Well-Known Member

illusion spin ?

15. shine

shine Well-Known Member

I love Kostner's LP! I really appreciate that she skates and turns in different/unexpected directions througout the program. It has such potential. She's a true artist now.

16. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

that´s the name? thanks for that :)

17. icedance56

icedance56 New Member

For anyone interested I've these amatorial videos of the winner of ice dance:
    45 Golden Spin of Zagreb - Ice Dance
    Ekaterina RIAZANOVA Ilia TKACHENKO FD
    http://youtu.be/3iQQs-a3rqM
    Ekaterina RIAZANOVA Ilia TKACHENKO SD
    http://youtu.be/1fSArWehMFA
    Ciao from Italy and enjoy the videos.

kosjenka and (deleted member) like this.
  18. cris_c

cris_c Guest

Thank you ! How did Zlobina/Sitnikov look like live ? What about Carolina ?

19. icedance56

icedance56 New Member

20. cris_c

cris_c Guest

21. jiggs

jiggs Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Kosjenka for your reports and comments - much appreciated!!

22. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Thank you. Don't you have Tobias/Stagniunas? We haven't seen their programs this season yet.

23. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

Are you freakin KIDDING me???!?!? Her body movement OOZES Bolero! This is the closest a singles skater has ever gotten to doing this music justice. Incredible how consistent she is in keeping up with the Bolero rhythm. There's no match for Kostner's artistry in ladies skating today. I cannot wait to see what this will look like at Worlds. Well done Carolina

I'm guessing this will be her jump layout by worlds:

3Lutz
    2axel-3toe
    3flip-2toe
    3loop
    3flip (or 3toe)
    3sal-2toe-2toe
    3sal

24. jiggs

jiggs Well-Known Member

^ I am pretty sure she would want to include a 3f3t in there. Apparently she practiced it at Golden Spin. We will see at Italian Nationals this weekend, there will be more people attending practices etc. and hopefully we will get reports on what jump layout she plans to use.

25. npavel

npavel Well-Known Member

26. Sylvia

Sylvia Club comp. season is here!

Thanks to Australian competitor Andrew Dodds for editing together this Kostner practice video! :) He wrote: "Short clips I took of her practice doing 3F+3T, 3Lz and parts of her program.
    She did multiple 3F+3T I was just too distracted watching her skate to film more."