2012 Golden Globe Nominations

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by AliasJohnDoe, Dec 15, 2011.

1. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Oh wait, Downton Abbey only had 7 episodes in the first series, so maybe that's why it was eligible for Best Miniseries/Movie.

2. sleepypanda

sleepypanda Member

What? Where is Community?!??

I recently watched the special features/behind-the-scenes on the stop-motion Christmas special from the second season. The cast was in a studio recording some singing (Yvette is really good!) and then Joel McHale said to the camera, "Suck it, Glee." :lol:

3. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

Agreed. Glee was TERRIBLE this year, too.

4. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I love that both Viola Davis and Meryl Streep were nominated and Meryl Streep just wrote a piece for Entertainment Weekly raving about Viola Davis.

5. Seerek

Seerek Well-Known Member

Is Octavia Davis and Jessica Chastain going to be splitting the vote for Supporting?

Should Jessica be campaigning for another film?

6. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Happy for Garai, have enjoyed her in multiple things over the last few years.
    gosling was amazing in ides of march, very deserving nomination.

Just saw the descendants n loved g colony, I think his best performance ever.
    Lots of really good performances in many categories.

7. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I think you meant Octavia Spencer, and yes, they could split the vote. I still think Octavia could win.

8. screech

screech Well-Known Member

Re Downton Abbey - I was just informed that it was submitted (at least for Emmys) before they knew they were getting a second season. So that explains the Emmys, but they've known since before the SAGs and GG's.

Though I'm sure in the past there were shows that were cancelled after just 1 season that won major awards in the acting categories (I'm thinking Gena Davis in that show where she was president) - it just bothers me really that Maggie Smith (who is awesome) won the Emmy over Evan Rachel Wood who was amazing in Mildred Pierce, which was legitimately a miniseries.

9. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I would love to be in a theater (theatre?) full of people watching "Downton Abbey" whenever Maggie Smith is onscreen. So much sarcasm delivered with such relish: I think the audience would be howling.

10. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I wonder what are they going to do for Downton Abbey series 2 come Emmy time.
    BTW, I finished watching series 2 online, and though I still enjoyed it, it pales in comparison to series 1.