2012 Fall TV Season - new and returning show

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Artemis@BC, Aug 21, 2012.

1. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I quite enjoyed 666 Park Avenue, will definitely continue to watch that one.

2. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I'm going to give it one more episode. It's quite a downer overall, so don't think I'll stick with it. Who wants to go to bed all depressed? :(

3. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I mostly agree. I hate movies/shows where the characters keep doing stupid things - and I know at some point I'll be yelling at the screen "Just move already!". :lol: But it was very well done.

4. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I don't know that they can. They made a Faustian deal with the devil and have to pay the price.

5. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i liked it in parts but i dont find the blonde girl compelling enough to watch her for as much time as she was on screen.

6. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling she will be dead very soon, anyway. However, on this show that doesn't mean she wont be seen every episode. lol

7. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Of all the new shows I have seen so far only Guys with Kids, Copper and Vegas are keepers.

8. Ares

Ares Guest

http://ca.omg.yahoo.com/news/nbc-picks-full-seasons-revolution-normal-204713317.html

"NBC has announced full season pickups of three of its new shows.

Sci-fi drama "Revolution," Matthew Perry's comedy "Go On" and the Ryan Murphy and Ali Adler produced sitcom, "The New Normal," were given full-season commitments for the 2012-2013 television season, Jennfier Salke, President of NBC Entertainment announced on Tuesday."

Happy for The New Normal. It's my favorite new show this year.:cheer2:

9. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I'm not still not sure how I feel about that show overall but I do know I will have to give it up if it keeps taking me over an hour to fall asleep after watching it like it did this past weekend, LOL :lol: :rofl: :eek:

I'm happy that Revolution and Go On got full season pick ups. I've enjoyed both of them so far but Go On may be a goner once Happy Endings comes back on in a few weeks. :cool: :shuffle:

10. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

watching 666 Park Avenue for the first time. Am reeeeeeally distracted by the lead actress' hair. It looks like an ill-fitting wig than no one wants to style.

It's kind of a PG version of American Horror Story, innit? I love me some Terry O'Quinn and Vanessa Williams, so I may keep watching it, but there isn't anything about the young couple who just became managers that make me care about them.

11. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

PML Walton Goggins on SOA as a transvestite hooker Venus Love. In butt chapps. That was the funniest thing I've seen on this show.

12. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

ita and the optimist in me wants to believe that this means that the young couple will die satanic deaths very soon

13. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

After watching Revolution so far, it's becoming apparent that, while the show works, the kid playing Charlie has a lot to learn about acting. The other actors in the show are pretty good, but that young girl is painfully inexperienced and it shows.

BTW, I'm ecstatic that "Go On" has already been renewed. In so many ways this show could go off the rails, yet it doesn't. Compare this show to Charlie Sheen's new show "Anger Management". Charlie's show also features group therapy, but there's a mean-ness to that show is off putting. Matthew's show has a gentleness that is very appealing.

14. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

I already hate Charlie. I want her gone !

15. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

About Go On, does Kit Kat Lasagna exist? Sounded and looked delicious.

16. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

I love Go On! It's my favorite new comedy (and the only show I watch on NBC now). Matthew Perry is doing a great job of straddling the line between silly and serious. And the rest of the group is starting to find their footing which is great, although Mr. K still creeps me out.

17. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Arrow is tonight I believe it is on at 9 and I am panning on watching. :cheer2:

18. pinkhulk

pinkhulk New Member

Three comedies that get better with each episode, for me, are Go On, The Mindy Project, and Ben and Kate. Even though Matthew Perry is the star, I prefer watching the other characters. I love all the group members and the only scenes I don't like are the ones with Ryan and Lauren, the group leader, together. I know it's inevitable they'll end up together but I didn't expect the show to start forcing it already.

The first episode of The Mindy Project didn't really sell me, but I gave it another shot and it really does get better with the second and third episode. Mindy Kaling and Chris Messina have good chemistry together.

Ben and Kate is a nice surprise for me since I didn't recognize a single cast member. I didn't expect much, but it's actually a pretty funny show.

19. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Looking forward to Nashville tonight.

20. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

I've seen the "Nashville" pilot and really liked it.

21. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I might pan it as well. We shall see...

:p

gkelly and (deleted member) like this.
  22. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Dang... I did it again. :slinkaway

My bad, Arrow is on now and have decided that I like it already! :cheer2: Which of course means it will not last long. :(

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  23. HeatherC

I can't wait for Nashville tonight and I'm also recording Chicago Fire even though the reviews I've seen haven't been that great. I'd rather decide for myself if I'm going to enjoy a show and since I do like Jesse Spencer a lot, I want to give his new show a chance. Gotta watch Nashville live though! :biggrinbo

24. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Haven't watched it yet, but the CW will almost always keep a show for at least the rest of the season.

25. HeatherC

Well, I've now watched both Chicago Fire and Nashville and for now, the winner is Nashville by a landslide (dang, that show was awesome! Connie Britton is SUBLIME and the supporting cast is great too. New fave show! :D) but I liked Chicago Fire enough to keep watching it. I was expecting it to be awful from the reviews I'd seen but I thought it was decent for a pilot. Hope they flesh out the characters more in future episodes and they really did do a great job with the fire scenes. Decent night of TV after a rough day overall for me and right now, I'm very glad I don't watch anything else on Wednesday nights because this 10 PM hour is going to keep me slightly busy, LOL :lol:

26. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I thought Nashville was not bad, but I didn't love it. I generally like the characters (and that will trump all) but I don't find any of the potential storylines all that compelling so far. And maybe my musical taste does suck (I mean, I have One Direction's CD), but I thought Hayden sounds better than Connie. I did like the final song, even though the Taylor Swift wannabe kinda bugs.

Arrow was fun. The cast is very appealing. I did not know Susanna Thompson is in this show. LOVE. HER. But they need to get rid of the voice overs. Oh my, so bad.

And I am not the biggest Modern Family fan (I have it on while nuking something for dinner), but that lesbians vs. gay men storyline was FANTASTIC.

27. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Nashville was great! The mayoral run storyline threatens to tip it over from great drama into Dallas territory (and don't get me wrong, Dallas - at least the original one - was fantastic, it's just more soap than drama), but overall I'm impressed! will definitely be watching.

And Powers Boothe does make a compelling JR figure :rofl:

28. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I LOVED Nashville! Lots of great characters, interesting storylines, great writing, and the music was fantastic!

In case some hadn't heard - the creator/executive producer/writer of this ep is Callie Khouri, who won and Oscar for writing Thelma & Louise. :respec:

Sorry Bachelor Canada, you just got bumped off my schedule.

29. Evilynn

Evilynn ((Swedish skating dudes))

I kinda like Elementary, even if it's no way near as good as BBC's Sherlock. JLM is always good, and I quite like Lucy Liu as well. Since CBS has moved The Mentalist to some godforsaken late Sunday night slot, I guess I might need to replace my normal procedural next season anyway. :lol:

Since Revolution got a full season I suppose it might be safe to start watching it. :shuffle:

30. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

I liked it, but I did have trouble keeping some of the characters straight -- Randy vs. Deacon (and even Teddy wasn't very different looking, just in different kinds of scenes), the two younger guys at the cafe, even Scarlett vs. Juliette in the first act. I'm sure I'll catch on eventually, but it would be easier if there were sharper contrasts in the physical appearance of the actors and the ways they're styled.

And some of the music was intentionally not really fantastic. :)