2012 Fall TV Season - new and returning show

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Artemis@BC, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I think Renard is also this "bastard" son of royalty they spoke off sometimes, and Renard got what he wanted from Nick so no need to kill him right now I guess. Hopefully now we can be rid of Juliette! I was sooo willing to give her a chance but she is not improving at all.

2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

3. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Just a reminder that the second episode of "Vikings" is on tomorrow night at 10:00 pm on The History Channel (unless you don't want to wait -- in which case it's available on Hulu, as it has been seen last Monday morning :D).

4. znachki

znachki Active Member

They are both Wesen. Specifically Hexenbeist(witches). Renard is a half-blood, and the bastard son of a royal family.

They used to work together, but she lost her power, and is now working for the family mostly because she wants revenge on Nick, and because she wants to stay alive. The Grimms used to be under the control of the the royals, who used them to keep the Wesen in line. However the Grimms (or some of them anyway) rebelled. Power struggle which the royals won (I think). That's where the key and the coins come into play. Items of power that the Grimms took to keep them away fom the power seeking royals. Any way, I think that's how it goes.

Poor Juliette, people just despise that character, but geeze, the problem is, she's really the only one who doesn't know anything. She's not bad, she's just written that way. I feel kind of sorry for her. It will be interesting to see what happens from here.

I was just totally thrilled that the rating were good.:cheer2::respec::cheer: They held on to their pre-hiatus numbers. Unlike Smash for instance.

5. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

6. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Zero Hour as been cancelled and joins other shows like; The Job, Do No Harm, Last Resort, 666 Park... , and Animal Practice.
    I am not really surprised about Zero Hour being cancelled to be honest, and not put out at all but I think the show would have done better with someone else other than Anthony Edwards starring.

7. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

I have lost interest in a number of shows because of erratic scheduling. I realize that there are always going to be a certain number of preemptions due to things like March Madness,State of the Union, election coverage,awards shows,etc, but this season seems to have a ridiculous number of show disappearing then reappearing.

8. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

Zero Hour was going to fail because to have a show dealing with that much supposed history, mythology, symbolism, theology, and mystery, you'd need a genius writer for the scripts. This show did not have that. At all. The concept was interesting but they couldn't follow through. Plus, most of the actors on that show were just awful.

9. skatesindreams

10. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

nah, she was even more annoying when Hank was also in the dark about things. She's a poorly written character, and the actress portrays her as a limp dishrag. Even the Renard curse subplot can't help her be interesting!

Soooo glad to see Rosalie back! :cheer2:

re: Zero Hour - that just seemed way too Da Vinci Code aka five years too late

11. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

I haven't seen any threads about Biggest Loser? The finale was last night and I can't even remember who won, but I just wanted to mention that one of the first commercials last week was for the new Cool Whip frosting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Showing a bunch of big, fat, juicy cakes that got all beat up from trying to put regular frosting on them. And I don't think any of it was low cal/low fat. Just thought the placement was hysterical. oops! :lol:

12. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

13. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Where is our pal AliasJohnDoe??

14. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I can't wait to see Under The Dome. Might be the highlight of the summer. It's being developed by Brian K. Vaughan who, among other things, wrote and produced multiple episodes of "Lost". Which means I AM IN!!! :cheer2: :cheer: The 13-part series will star Rachelle Lefevre (A Gifted Man, Off The Map, Twilight) as well as Mike Vogel (Pan Am, The Help, Cloverfield). Is it summer yet???

15. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

16. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

17. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Excited for the Netflix series. I have been contemplating canceling for a while and then subscribing again in a few months, watch the new additions and then cancel again but I will hang around for the series.

I have been loving Bates Motel!

18. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I cancelled most of my tv channels so I often turn to Netflix. Watched Pandorum on Netflix instead of the Si-fi channel.:D

19. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

Hi. I'm making this post for my uncle (AliasJohnDoe). My uncle was hit by a car while out for his morning jog back in February. He had both arms broken, plus shoulder, rib and head injuries. He hasn't been able to use the computer and post like he usually does and asked me to make this post for him. I've been clicking on the skating videos from Worlds for him since using the mouse and keyboard has been near impossible - He says Thank You for the skating links Maofan. He'll be getting his casts off soon and hopefully can start posting again soon.

ChelleC, Maofan7, Buzz and 3 others like this.
  20. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that! Thank you for letting us know! I'll keep him in my prayers.

21. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

So sorry. You're a good soul to help out. To Alias - heal well. Come back quickly. Life must be feeling really hard about now. Hope it will be better very soon.

22. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Oh no!!! I am so glad he is going to be OK. Heal quickly!!!

23. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Oh my goodness! Thank you for updating us, and please do share our wishes for a speedy recovery - we look forward to welcoming him back to our tv discussions soon!

24. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about our dear friend's accident! Sounds absolutely horrible! Rest up and take care of yourself and return to us soon! :(

25. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Yes, a speedy recovery indeed. It is nice to read that his family is there for you.

26. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Yikes!

I echo others' sentiments: thanks for letting us know, and we'll be sending good vibes his way.

27. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Defiance will start on April 15th and it is heavily promoted. It's all about an alien race invading earth and the subsequent war lasts decades wipes out all native plants and animals, most humans and quiet a few of the aliens dies too. Now the remnants of both has to work together on this "whole new" planet that "belongs to no one". I want to like this show so much but it sounds a bit too pretentious, something like Fallng Skies: the next generation That is if all the characters on that show suddenly decide to hold hands and sing kumbaya. But I'll watch anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiance_(TV_series)

28. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

Anyone watched the Village ? I loved it !

29. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Did anyone catch Orphan Black on the weekend? I dumped all my extended cable so I don't get that channel any more, but I can watch it on the Space website. The premise looks interesting, but also more than a bit familiar.

30. skatesindreams

How awful!
    We miss you, AliasJohnDoe.
    Glad to hear that you are recuperating.