2012 Fall TV Season - new and returning show

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Artemis@BC, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Zero Hour looks like a somewhat eye-rolling premise ... but I'll tune in for the premier tonight just to see what enticed Anthony Edwards back to TV. (And back to Thursday night!)

2. znachki

znachki Active Member

These kinds of shows always make me wonder how they can sustain the premise. It might make a good one-sho 13 episode season, but how long can you keep it going?

3. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

YAY for Felicity joining Oliver and Diggle on Arrow! :cheer2:

4. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

Well, I just finished watching Zero Hour and it's kind of fascinating if a bit jumbled overall at the moment. I love Anthony Edwards so I plan to keep watching and I'm interested to see where they take this whole story. This show may work out pretty well if they only do the series as a 13 episode one with a concrete start and ending.

5. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

It just started in my time zone

6. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Happy Endings moving to Friday.

RIP, My Happy Endings.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/13/abc-moves-happy-endings-to-fridays/

7. HeatherC

8. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Zero Hour was okay, but the wife's face was distracting. I beg the writers that they don't insert flashbacks of when Dr. Greene and his wife were all lovey and dovey.

Nunavut!

This show is hokey but I'll probably watch the first season. It's not like they'll get a second.

9. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Watched the first two seasons of Roswell on Netflix via Appletv, and enjoyed it even with all the cheese! :lol: But I will take a pass on season 3, the whole space ship in the basement f a convenience store is too much. Not to mention in the wake of 9-11 the FBI still has nothing better to do than to chase aliens. But the first to seasons was fun, so if you are as tire of vampires, werewolves and zombies as I am, you might just enjoy this slightly older cancelled series.

10. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

I can't get past remembering Jacinda Barrett (the wife) from her MTV Real World London (Season 4) experience. She was a model then, and I knew she broke into acting. But she strikes me as quite a bit younger than Edwards.

I thought this show was intended to be a mini-series of sorts. Based on a book right?

I read an article from Edwards who said the shorter season and the fast paced nature of the story is what drew him. I think it looks like fun - just the sort of popcorn conspiracy theory, globe trotting adventure I love :)

11. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

12. AliasJohnDoe

13. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

she's 40 :)eek: !) and he's 50...a gap, but certainly a believable one. but Edwards has been in the public eye for a long time, and prematurely balding men often look older, while those of us who remember Barrett from TRW probably can't help seeing her as still being 24 or 25 :p

14. HeatherC

It got cancelled last week and they're airing SVU reruns in that spot for the time being.

Glad to hear that Zero Hour really is a mini-series type of show. Hopefully they just let it run it's course without worrying about the ratings and air all 13 episodes for us unlike what they did to 666 Park Avenue (which still bothers me because I want to know what's going on in that building!).

15. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

The last I read is that the remaining 4 episodes of 666 Park Avenue will run this summer. By then I won't remember what's going on. The last couple episodes that were on were very intriguing

16. HeatherC

I KNOW. Just when it was getting good and we were getting some new npieces to the puzzle, they pulled the show from the schedule. I hate having to wait until the summer and you're right, no one's going to remember anything! :(

17. AliasJohnDoe

New/Returning Shows for the week 2/17/2013-2/23/2013:

Sunday, February 17
    8:00 The Amazing Race (CBS)

Tuesday, February 19
    9:00 Cult (CW)
    10:00 Body of Proof (ABC)
    10:30 The Jeselnik Offensive (Comedy)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Well-Known Member

Re: Do No Harm - I am sorry for all the people out of work but really what were they thinking - what a stupid idea for a series. I certainly wasn't going to watch it. Still, pulling it after 1 episode is something else.

Re: 666 Park Avenue - Wasn't even remotely interested in watching this one either but maybe they may do a rerun to get people back up to speed before airing the last episodes, or at least do an extended "previously on 666 Park Avenue".

The only cancellation I am bummed about this year is Emily Owens - I was enjoying that and don't think it got enough of a shot either but obviously I am a majority of one. :lol:

19. HeatherC

Don't forget that Body of Proof also comes back this coming Tuesday (2-19) at 10 PM on ABC. :)

20. AliasJohnDoe

21. AliasJohnDoe

22. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Cult (on Tuesday) is another one that looks like it could be either laughably bad or really good.

23. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Oh, Deception, I love thee. Best exchange, like, ever:

Haverstock: Why is it the best sex happens with damaged women?
    Sophia: Because you confuse a cry for help with an orgasm.

What fabulous trash.

24. AliasJohnDoe

25. AliasJohnDoe

26. AliasJohnDoe

27. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Thanks Alias!

I have to say I'm among those who has become bored with Modern Family over time, but last night's episode was hilarious, and very well done IMO.

28. AliasJohnDoe

29. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

Not fall but I know there were a Tudors fans here. Starz has filmed an adaptation of "The White Queen" with some familiar actors notably James Frain, who was Cromwell in the Tudors and David Oakes, who was in Pillars of the Earth and the Borgias. It's going to show in the summer I believe.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/video/white-queen-sneak-peek-419196

30. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I am watching Cult right now and I am not sure which is creepier, this show or the Following. They are both very similar.