2012 Fall TV Season - new and returning show

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Artemis@BC, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

I haven't seen any threads about Biggest Loser? The finale was last night and I can't even remember who won, but I just wanted to mention that one of the first commercials last week was for the new Cool Whip frosting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Showing a bunch of big, fat, juicy cakes that got all beat up from trying to put regular frosting on them. And I don't think any of it was low cal/low fat. Just thought the placement was hysterical. oops! :lol:
  2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

3. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Where is our pal AliasJohnDoe??
  4. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I can't wait to see Under The Dome. Might be the highlight of the summer. It's being developed by Brian K. Vaughan who, among other things, wrote and produced multiple episodes of "Lost". Which means I AM IN!!! :cheer2: :cheer: The 13-part series will star Rachelle Lefevre (A Gifted Man, Off The Map, Twilight) as well as Mike Vogel (Pan Am, The Help, Cloverfield). Is it summer yet???
  5. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

6. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

7. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Excited for the Netflix series. I have been contemplating canceling for a while and then subscribing again in a few months, watch the new additions and then cancel again but I will hang around for the series.

I have been loving Bates Motel!
  8. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I cancelled most of my tv channels so I often turn to Netflix. Watched Pandorum on Netflix instead of the Si-fi channel.:D
  9. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Spin Alissa Spin!!!

Hi. I'm making this post for my uncle (AliasJohnDoe). My uncle was hit by a car while out for his morning jog back in February. He had both arms broken, plus shoulder, rib and head injuries. He hasn't been able to use the computer and post like he usually does and asked me to make this post for him. I've been clicking on the skating videos from Worlds for him since using the mouse and keyboard has been near impossible - He says Thank You for the skating links Maofan. He'll be getting his casts off soon and hopefully can start posting again soon.
    ChelleC, Maofan7, Buzz and 3 others like this.
  10. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that! Thank you for letting us know! I'll keep him in my prayers.
  11. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

So sorry. You're a good soul to help out. To Alias - heal well. Come back quickly. Life must be feeling really hard about now. Hope it will be better very soon.
  12. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Oh no!!! I am so glad he is going to be OK. Heal quickly!!!
  13. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Oh my goodness! Thank you for updating us, and please do share our wishes for a speedy recovery - we look forward to welcoming him back to our tv discussions soon!
  14. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about our dear friend's accident! Sounds absolutely horrible! Rest up and take care of yourself and return to us soon! :(
  15. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Yes, a speedy recovery indeed. It is nice to read that his family is there for you.
  16. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Yikes!

I echo others' sentiments: thanks for letting us know, and we'll be sending good vibes his way.
  17. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Defiance will start on April 15th and it is heavily promoted. It's all about an alien race invading earth and the subsequent war lasts decades wipes out all native plants and animals, most humans and quiet a few of the aliens dies too. Now the remnants of both has to work together on this "whole new" planet that "belongs to no one". I want to like this show so much but it sounds a bit too pretentious, something like Fallng Skies: the next generation That is if all the characters on that show suddenly decide to hold hands and sing kumbaya. But I'll watch anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiance_(TV_series)
  18. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

Anyone watched the Village ? I loved it !
  19. Artemis@BC

Did anyone catch Orphan Black on the weekend? I dumped all my extended cable so I don't get that channel any more, but I can watch it on the Space website. The premise looks interesting, but also more than a bit familiar.
  20. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

How awful!
    We miss you, AliasJohnDoe.
    Glad to hear that you are recuperating.
  21. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

just popped in this thread after a long while - so sorry to hear about AJD's injuries. How awful! Wishing you a speedy recovery.
  22. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

AJD, sorry to hear about your injuries and hoping we can have you back around here soon!
  23. Maofan7

Maofan7 Away

AliasJohnDoe,

Really sorry to hear about your awful accident. Hope you get well very soon.

Glad you found the links of help
  24. skatesindreams

25. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

1.6 is a decent debut for Hannibal?! I can think of all the shows I loved that got cancelled with better ratings than that. :lol:
  26. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

OMG, Dallas is awesomely awesome. I'm sure those old women on Downton Abbey are fine, but Linda Grey--give this woman an Emmy!
  27. skatesindreams

She is wonderful, isn't she?
    Linda always deserved more of the credit for the success of the show than she received, IMO.
  28. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

So has anyone else been keeping up with Vikings?

Shit hit the fan last Sunday night (w/ each episode getting better and better). Can't wait to see what happens with Ragnar and the Earl :watch:.
  29. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

^

I've been watching every week. It's my new fave show and it just keeps getting better imo.
  30. galaxygirl

galaxygirl Ma name's Beckeh

I've watched (and enjoyed) the first episode and have the remaining episodes on my DVR. Between March Madness and baseball, I've been having a little difficulty keeping up with the shows I'm recording. I still haven't gotten around to watching The Americans yet and 10(?) episodes have already aired. :lol:
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  31. skatesindreams

32. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

I've only had a chance to watch the first 2 episodes of the Vikings but it's already one of my favourites.
  33. skatesindreams

34. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

If you liked the first episode or two, you're in for a real treat as things *really* get going in the 3rd episode and continue to build.

:cheer2: :respec:
  35. skatesindreams

36. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to the plan to remake Bewitched?!
  37. Artemis@BC

Scared off the the colossal trainwreck that was the movie?
  38. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Hehehe Quite possibly yeah. Saw the trailer once and that was more than enough. :lol: However I still hope they give it a try.
  39. znachki

znachki Active Member

If they'd just do a straight remake, it would be fine, but the movie had to go and get all "meta". :rolleyes:
  40. skatesindreams

"Dallas" has been renewed, according to information on the latest page linked.
    I wonder where they will take the story next season.