2012 Fall TV Season - new and returning show

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Artemis@BC, Aug 21, 2012.

1. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Spin Alissa Spin!!!

2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

WOW! Friday night is like a graveyard for TV shows!!!
  3. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Deception was *intense*. I love, love Victor Garber (so scary!) and Tate Donovan (who's really been a revelation for me). The only real disappointment is Will, who is kinda just too stupid to live.

So, did Victor Garber try to kill Joanna? COLD! And why did Joanna tell Julian where she was hospitalized--he could easily have read the medical records, as he is a doctor (hee-so funny! I always laugh when Julian talks about his medical knowledge because I just don't buy it--he's hawt but he's also so dumb). And Mia's boyfriend was scamming Mia even before he met the Senator--are we to forget that? And doesn't Joanna's mom have Alzheimer's--are we forget about that too?

So, the other company tampered with Julian's miracle drug, right? But I don't think they had anything to do with Vivan's death (at least I hope not--too easy and clean).

Love this show!
  4. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I didn't see the ratings posted in here yet but I'm stoked and a little surprised that Chicago Fire beat CSI in the ratings this past week!!! :eek: :cheer: (On the other hand, Nashville's ratings need to go back up so I can feel a little better about that show getting renewed for a second season. :()
  5. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I think they've got Nashville in a really tough timeslot.
  6. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Where is AliasJohnDoe with our links?
  7. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Just been reading up on two TV shows J J Abrams is trying to sell to the networks. The first is titled Believe and is about a gifted child and her ex-con protector who are on the run. And the second is about a future where cops and androids team up to fight crime. Both sounds good and if Abrams is in charge that means the shows, if picked up, will be feasts for the eyes. They will be airing in fall this year hopefully.

http://jjabramsprojects.blogspot.ca/
  8. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

I'm so glad I decided to watch The Following! It's my new favorite show! I was a little leary after reading about how violent/gory it was going to be and really, shoulda know it's still network TV so it really wouldn't be any more rougher than any other show about murders with killings, etc. But the story is fabulous!! Every time you blink, someone turns out to be a Follower! Although I had a feeling that girl cop was sketchy from the beginning. She just seemed shifty to me. But the two SWAT guys killing the other SWAT guys caught me by surprise since I didn't link it to them killing the original SWAT guys in the woods. WHEW that was confusing. :lol: Loved the way Hardy was subtly playing the Trio against each other.

And kudos to the make-up department for their job on making Parker look younger in her 2004 flashback scenes with her parents at the Church Camp. She really did look younger like that could have been 9 years ago.
  9. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Arrow is off for two whole weeks!!! Sooooo unfair! :lol: The show is getting better and better especially since Felicity came on board the Arrow bus. hehehehe Love seeing her character growing and evolving. :respec:
  10. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Curious if anyone here watched the pilot episode of Vikings on The History Channel. So far the reviews of it have been decent, with a lot of comparison to Game of Thrones.

I watched it and found it interesting enough to watch the rebroadcast, and to catch the second episode, which is available starting today on Hulu.

Also, the ratings for the the premiere seem to be really good.
  11. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I watched and loved it!!! And will certainly be watching next week. :respec:
  12. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Canadians can watch it online at the History Canada web site.

Thanks for the reminder. I recently dumped all my extended cable channels coz I just wasn't watching enough for it to be worth the extra $40 a month. But there is the odd show that I am still interested in, and this is one. Thank goodness there's an online viewing option!

My biggest concern is that with all the Norse names and the fact that all the men will no doubt be sporting similar beards, it's going to drive me nuts trying to figure out who's who. :confused:
  13. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I regret not being able to watch The Amercans but I refuse to pay for an entire cannel just to see one show.
  14. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I only pay for an entire channel when it comes to figure skating, ie BOLD, TVJAPAN. Otherwise, I will just wait for the TV series to be on DVD.

ETA: I get FOXCanada but I did not pay for that channel exclusively like I do with BOLD. It maybe part of some package I got.
  15. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

The first 20 minutes was soooo dull, but after that, I enjoyed the premiere. Gabriel Byrne is just wonderful.
  16. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

OMG, Julian and Joanna are getting it on!!! I love Deception!
  17. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

That sucks that you can't watch it -- is it not available on Hulu? I am so hooked on that show, it's become my TV crack. Vikings has the potential to be that way as well.

Gabriel Byrne is killing it as Earl Haraldson -- if you think he was impressive in the pilot episode (which I've found in most cases drag a bit as they have to set the stage, give backstory, etc.), wait until you see the second episode.

I'm also rather impressed with Travis Fimmell (former Calvin Klein model-turned-actor). I knew he looked familiar but didn't place him until reading the some reviews. As an actor, he's not half-bad, and that steely, blue-eyed, thousand yard stare he has really works with his character.

Katheryn Winneck (his wife, Lagertha) is bad. ASS. I frakking loved the scene when she "turned away" the two letches that wanted to get into her knickers (or whatever they wore back then :p ).
  18. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

This is one TV show I will watch.

http://www.vancouversun.com/enterta... suggests reality thriving/8061443/story.html

Buzz and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Steven Speilberg has two new tv projects in the works. They are The Talisman which is a mini-series, and Under The Dome. Not sure about Under The Dome but Talisman sounds quite interesting! I might just have to read the novel before the Mini-Series is released. :cheer2:
  20. Artemis@BC

I loved The Talisman, one of my favourite King books. (Well, co-written with Peter Straub.) It's a great quest story. I think that, now that CGI is at a level where it's easier and more affordable to incorporate in a mini-series, a televised adaptation could be awesome.
  21. Artemis@BC

There was a short segment on CBC radio this am with the producers of the show. They said that a lot of the "audition tapes" were actually just people sending in their Facebook links. As in, "hey, this is me, if you like it, cool, whatever, but I'm not going to mainstream myself by actually, you know, auditioning." :lol:
  22. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

GRIMM IS BACK TONIGHT!!!
    :cheer2: :cheer: :rollin:

and I'm going to a play this evening and will have to watch online :lol:
    Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  23. Artemis@BC

But ... after you get home, right? Not during the play? ;)
  24. genevieve

absolutely :lol:
  25. Artemis@BC

^ Glad to hear it! :D

(I was at a play during NHL playoffs last season, and there was a guy sitting a few rows behind me listening to the Canucks game throughout the whole play. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know we could hear the sound leaking out from his headphones ... but it was very uncool regardless.)
  26. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

It is about damned time!!!!!
  27. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

WOOT WOOT WOOT :cheer2:
  28. HeatherC

I'm watching Grimm tonight too even though I missed a few episodes and am a little confused. I watched it in the late summer/fall when it started airing again right after the Olympics so hopefully I can jump back in pretty easily. :)
  29. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I needed to jog my memory a bit because of Grimm's continuing storylines but glad it's back. I HATE that the show was gone so long and totally skipped over the holidays. But at least it is back! :cheer2:
  30. HeatherC

So let see if I have this right. Renard is a bad Wessen....and Adelind is also bad (and also a Wessen?!)...but she's way worse than Renard which means he and Nick are going to have to figure out a way to work together to stop Adelind and these other 'families' that are currently somewhere in Europe (Austria?) and are the baddest of the bad guys. Do I have the basic big story right?! That hurts my brain a little so I hope I'm right, LOL :lol: On the other hand, Rosalee and Monroe are SO CUTE together and I can't believe that I forgot how hot Nick is :swoon: and how annoying Juliette can be. :wall:
  31. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I think Renard is also this "bastard" son of royalty they spoke off sometimes, and Renard got what he wanted from Nick so no need to kill him right now I guess. Hopefully now we can be rid of Juliette! I was sooo willing to give her a chance but she is not improving at all.
  32. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

33. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Just a reminder that the second episode of "Vikings" is on tomorrow night at 10:00 pm on The History Channel (unless you don't want to wait -- in which case it's available on Hulu, as it has been seen last Monday morning :D).
  34. znachki

znachki Active Member

They are both Wesen. Specifically Hexenbeist(witches). Renard is a half-blood, and the bastard son of a royal family.

They used to work together, but she lost her power, and is now working for the family mostly because she wants revenge on Nick, and because she wants to stay alive. The Grimms used to be under the control of the the royals, who used them to keep the Wesen in line. However the Grimms (or some of them anyway) rebelled. Power struggle which the royals won (I think). That's where the key and the coins come into play. Items of power that the Grimms took to keep them away fom the power seeking royals. Any way, I think that's how it goes.

Poor Juliette, people just despise that character, but geeze, the problem is, she's really the only one who doesn't know anything. She's not bad, she's just written that way. I feel kind of sorry for her. It will be interesting to see what happens from here.

I was just totally thrilled that the rating were good.:cheer2::respec::cheer: They held on to their pre-hiatus numbers. Unlike Smash for instance.
  35. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

36. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Zero Hour as been cancelled and joins other shows like; The Job, Do No Harm, Last Resort, 666 Park... , and Animal Practice.
    I am not really surprised about Zero Hour being cancelled to be honest, and not put out at all but I think the show would have done better with someone else other than Anthony Edwards starring.
  37. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

I have lost interest in a number of shows because of erratic scheduling. I realize that there are always going to be a certain number of preemptions due to things like March Madness,State of the Union, election coverage,awards shows,etc, but this season seems to have a ridiculous number of show disappearing then reappearing.
  38. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

Zero Hour was going to fail because to have a show dealing with that much supposed history, mythology, symbolism, theology, and mystery, you'd need a genius writer for the scripts. This show did not have that. At all. The concept was interesting but they couldn't follow through. Plus, most of the actors on that show were just awful.
  39. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

40. genevieve

nah, she was even more annoying when Hank was also in the dark about things. She's a poorly written character, and the actress portrays her as a limp dishrag. Even the Renard curse subplot can't help her be interesting!

Soooo glad to see Rosalie back! :cheer2:

re: Zero Hour - that just seemed way too Da Vinci Code aka five years too late