2012 Fall TV Season - new and returning show

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Artemis@BC, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Been looking forward to it all day! :cheer2:

Oh, that was a GOOD one, even with minimal Reese. I hate math, but darned if Finch didn't actually make it appealing! I love how he used pi to talk the kid out of suicide. Only you, Harold Finch. And I KNEW who that legendary young hacker was, the instant that they mentioned him. :lol:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I totally missed the start of American Horror Story!!! :wuzrobbed

3. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I liked the boy in tonight's show enough that I could see him--with his brilliant algorithms--assisting from time to time. He certainly seems alone in the world.

4. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

I sure hope so. I think Finch wanted to adopt him by the end. :D He just seemed so excited to find a junior version of himself.

5. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Spin Alissa Spin!!!

6. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

I'm not sure I could see Finch recruiting the kid to assist now, but it would be an interesting addition to the team. :) But it looks like he could be Finch's chosen one to continue his work, when the time comes?

7. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Glad to see Elementry doing better! :respec:

8. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

I had recorded Elementary but not watched any until after Christmas. I LOVE it! Hope it will last awhile.

9. AliasJohnDoe

10. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I'm scared for Blue Bloods. I've already lost NYC 22 so I do not want to lose Blue Bloods too. LOL

11. Norlite

Norlite New Member

I enjoy it too. Even with how much I despise Tom Selleck, both his acting and his politics.

12. AliasJohnDoe

"Bates Motel" premieres on A&E March 18:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/01/04/bates-motel-to-premiere-monday-march-18-on-ae/163974/

I'm looking forward to this series. And Vera Farmiga. :watch:

13. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Sounds very interesting and it is on basic cable so I can watch it. :D

14. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

The premise for Bates Motel sounds great ... I just wish it was on any network other than A&E. They haven't produced any watchable original programming in years, I have so little faith in them. But maybe if I go in with lowered expectations I won't be disappointed!

Meanwhile I'm looking forward to returning to my Sunday night juggling act tonight: OuaT, Revenge, Good Wife, Downton, Lewis, and New Tricks. :cheer2:

15. AliasJohnDoe

16. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

My guess is that a significant number of American (and Canadian) viewers were tuned into PBS last night.

17. AliasJohnDoe

I was hoping to see better ratings for "Happy Endings" and "Don't Trust The B" after they moved to Sunday. But no.... :(

18. Artemis@BC

A new show for Canadian viewers on W tonight: Majumder Manor. It's a behind-the-scenes look at comedian and actor Shaun Majumder as he tries to fulfill a lifelong dream of building an inn in his small Newfoundland hometown. Not the type of show I'd normally care about, except that I like Majumder so much.

Buzz and (deleted member) like this.
  19. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

20. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

I've just started rewatching Apt 23, I wish I'd tuned in earlier. June is from Queens, yeah. ;) When a network burns off episodes twice a week, I don't think that's ever a good sign.

21. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

A new show called Deception starts tonight at 10. Looks like another soap it could be promising if they do a different murder very season or this show could be yet another reincarnation of Twin Peaks. But I hope to be able to watch it soon.

22. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Deception was very Pilot-ty, but it was also a lot of fun. I will keep watching!

Not the smartest detective in the world. Why was she watching that video in the house? Not even in her bedroom!

23. AliasJohnDoe

24. AliasJohnDoe

25. emason

emason Well-Known Member

I semi-enjoyed it, but I am really bothered by the lack of age difference between Victor Garber and Tate Donovan. Garber is only about 13 - 14 years older and we're supposed to think this is a father - son duo? Donovan looks at least 10 years too old for the part he is playing.

On the other hand I really have nothing better to do on Monday night so I'll tune in again.

26. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Happy Endings makes me so happy. Max proclaiming that he is going to give up guys (but failing): "That's right--I'm straight now. From this moment forward, it's gonna be a steady diet of boobs and d...udes. Dammit! I am no longer interested in men, I am only interested in...m..en. Come on! From this moment forward it will be a steady diet of chicks with...di-AMMIT! I love gggg...uys. My favorite thing to touch is va-penis."

Parenthood was also excellent tonight.

27. AliasJohnDoe

28. Artemis@BC

IKWYM ... but for me the issue was more that I think Garber looks waaaay younger than his real age!

I thought it had enough going for me to tune in for at least one more work. I'm not in love, but I liked it more than I thought I would. But it will also depend on The Carrie Diaries starting next Monday (tho in Canada it will air at 8:00 as well as the CW 10:00 timeslot), and on The Following starting Jan 21.

And if there's some super-sekret organization behind Vivian's (?) death ... I'm completely out. I'm so sick of that device, and just about ready to dump Revenge because of it.

29. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

manhn: I totally agree! Happy Endings is SO FLIPPING FUNNY! :D I loved Max trying to give up guys and failing spectacularly and Penny & Alex trying to help/hurt the pop star girl was funny too. I really wish more people were watching this show! It is hilarious all the time! :biggrinbo (BTW-The much talked about Kickball episode is airing this coming Sunday and I am not missing that one! I think it was the lost episode from last year that never got aired. I'm super stoked they're finally airing it! :cheer: )

30. AliasJohnDoe