2012 Fall TV Season - new and returning show

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Artemis@BC, Aug 21, 2012.

1. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I just saw some teasers for a new A&E show called Bates Motel. It focuses on the killer and his relationship with his mother. I am really looking forward to it, I love anything with horror. It also comes from someone involved in Lost and Friday Night Lights. Lost was my favorite show ever and I have heard wonderful things about FNL. Starts in 2013 but not sure exactly when.

2. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

3. AliasJohnDoe

ABC announces mid-season premiere dates for new and returning shows:
    Returning:"Body of Proof", "Dancing With The Stars"
    New: “Red Widow,” “Zero Hour,” “Family Tools,” “How To Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life),” “The Taste” and “Celebrity Diving”
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...tools-the-taste-celebrity-diving-more/160341/

SYFY Announces winter programming:
    New series:Ghost Mine, Robot Combat League, Stranded, Continuum
    Returning series:Being Human, Face Off, Total Blackout, Ghost Hunters, Lost Girl, Haunted Collector, Merlin
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ampaign=Feed: Tvbythenumbers (TVbytheNumbers)

"Cult" premieres February 19/2013 on The CW:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ampaign=Feed: Tvbythenumbers (TVbytheNumbers)

4. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Just caught up with my episodes of Raising Hope and love it just as much as I did when the show first started.

5. AliasJohnDoe

CBS mid-season premiere dates:
    New: "Golden Boy"
    Returning: Rules of Engagement, The Amazing Race, Survivor
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...-engagement-survivor-the-amazing-race/160626/

6. AliasJohnDoe

7. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

I loved Continuum, my fave new show. Time travel plus police procedural (it works), Vancouver set as Vancouver. :D I'm pleased to see that it will air in other countries. They packed a lot into season one, at 10 episodes long (I'm looking at you, Revolution).

8. RomyNL

RomyNL Well-Known Member

9. Evilynn

Evilynn ((Swedish skating dudes))

I loved it too! Will there be a second season? :)

10. AliasJohnDoe

11. AliasJohnDoe

I've been excited about "Continuum" since I saw the previews. I usually check out all shows based on science-fiction/fantasy. Glad to hear it's good.

12. lurvylurker

lurvylurker Active Member

I quite enjoyed it too, and have been wondering when we'll get to see season 2! So do you think we'll get to see it soon (up here in Canada), or will we have to wait until ScyFy gets through airing season 1 first?

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  13. AliasJohnDoe

14. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

You'll have to post once it starts, hope you enjoy. I don't know if a difference in budgets is at all a factor, but I thought it way superior to Showcase's other recent export hit, Lost Girl.

Yay, more Continuum watchers. :cheer: It took them (Showcase, the Canadian network) forever to announce season two, but yes it is happening. Since it was a summer show on Showcase, I expect season two in Canada will air summer 2013. :)

15. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

16. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

lol, i was on pins and needles when they walked out of that house without the dog in bear's first episode

17. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Wow! Congratulations to the show, actors and behind the camera peeps. This is one of the few show I LOVE and especially thanks to Bear. Hope they get him a really big bone. :cheer2:

18. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

So true. But I hope that does not mean other shows will copy. POI is such a cool show.

19. AliasJohnDoe

20. AliasJohnDoe

21. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I will repeat a comment written below the video. Looks interesting but what the heck is it about?

22. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

1600 Penn has a sneak preview on 12/17. I'm going to check it out - previews look funny.

23. AliasJohnDoe

When I first saw the title i thought "Woohoo - a sci-fi series about a screaming female creatures", but after watching the preview, it looks something like "Justified".

24. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Go Bear! :lol: :cheer2: I love it too.

25. galaxygirl

galaxygirl Ma name's Beckeh

Carrie singing The Sound of Music. No twang and she sounds amazing. :swoon:

I thought this was going to be a miniseries of the novel by Henry James and got all excited. :(

26. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

Her phrasing needs help and her voice needs more training for those songs. Then again, I compare modern singers to Julie Andrews and Mary Martin - and those two voices were trained for the theater rather than for pop music.

Just for comparison - Mary Martin http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tkIBerEFJHU#t=48s
    Julie Andrews in concert - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33hvuob9AyQ

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  27. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Carrie has a lot to live up to; and a long way to go, to reach the level of Mary Martin and Julie Andrews. IMO.

28. galaxygirl

galaxygirl Ma name's Beckeh

I don't care. :) I enjoyed her performance. And I have heard the Julie Andrews version and agree that she is a better singer than Carrie (and I do realize that Carrie does have some flaws in her singing). But I preferred Carrie's performance probably mainly because I don't really care for Julie's style of singing (I'm in complete no teknik when it comes to singing so I don't have the vocabulary for what I'm trying to say) and I'm also a borderline Carrie uber. :lol:

29. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I don't like the key change on the song Carrie sang. I like the original key much better. However, she does sound better than I thought. I know she can sing but I wasn't sure if she could mask the twang. With more practice, and she has a year, she could do quite well but if all the songs are brought down in the key she sang this one in then I don't know how I will like that.

30. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Good news for Canadians: Netflix Canada is now saying they will carry the new season of Arrested Development when it's available. (Previously they said they wouldn't.) :cheer:

Story here.