2012 Fall TV Season - new and returning show

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Artemis@BC, Aug 21, 2012.

1. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

My favorite part is when Angus T. Jones mentions that he knew he was on a downward spiral after getting involved in drug use and getting speeding tickets. :lol: He probably tried a little pot and now he thinks he is going to be the next Charlie Sheen. I suppose he should at least get credit for not wanting to go down that path but me thinks he is a little hard on himself. I just don't know how he can ever forgive himself for those speeding tickets, though.

2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Then Jones should quit the show and give back that signing bonus, and renounce all potential profits from syndication.

3. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

He's saying he'd like to do something to help the homeless with the money, so gotta give him that! Hope he follows through!

4. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

When I was 19, I hated my grocery store job and refused to shop there. But I still worked and collected my measly paycheque. Yes, I didn't make a gazillion dollars but please tell me what the income limit is that prevents one from complaining about their job. $250,000?

5. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

6. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

When you are doing the work of The Lord (TM) there are no restrictions.

7. AliasJohnDoe

8. AliasJohnDoe

9. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

10. AliasJohnDoe

I agree. Underwood just doesn't seem right for the role.

I always thought Anne Hathaway would have made an excellent Maria Von Trapp in a remake of "The Sound of Music". Especially with the way her short hair looks now.

11. AliasJohnDoe

12. AliasJohnDoe

13. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Unless they change a lot of things in the remake then Carrie Underwood is going to be all wrong for the role. She is, as far as I can tell, incapable of singing without the twang. It is part of her voice. Maybe she will surprise us, she has a year to practice.

14. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

CW is looking for someone to star in a possible Wonder Woman series called Amazon. If it is as good as smallville and Arrow then we have a lot to look forward to. :cheer2:

15. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I love the idea of Carrie Underwood as Maria Von Trapp. Killer pipes and she wasn't bad in Soul Surfer.

16. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I dunno, I never heard much of a twang in her 'Alone' performance.

17. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

NO ONE needs to be remaking TSOM. so much bitch please.

18. AliasJohnDoe

"Wonder Woman" deserves the big screen treatment. Especially if they start making "Justice League" movies. If they do make "WW" into a series though, I think the CW is a better place for it than the other major networks.

If The CW wants to go the super-hero route:

For years, I thought The CW should make "The Legion of Super Heroes" into a series. It would be a perfect fit for the network, AND they made a guest appearance on "Smallville".

I've read these comics as a kid in the late '60's/early '70's, and "The Legion of Super Heroes" has lots of characters and stories to work with. Saturn Girl, Lightening Lad, Brainiac 5. And It could have guest appearances by Superboy and Supergirl.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_of_Super-Heroes

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  19. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

ITA. I was finally watched The Avengers this weekend -- I enjoyed it thoroughly, but the female characters were pretty poorly developed. I wish TPTB would recognize that there's more to a female superhero than a super-tight lycra bodysuit.

20. AliasJohnDoe

21. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

But did you picket in front of the store in your off time? or take to a highly visible forum where far more than your friends and family would hear your complaints?

I have no faith in the ability of Hollywood to make a Wonder Woman film that would be anything but horrid. Even the series remake that was attempted a few seasons ago looked awful - and was thankfully not picked up. I'm skeptical, but if anyone could make the show right, it's probably the CW.

And that was made by Joss Whedon, who generally is good about making strong, 3-dimensional female characters! :(

22. znachki

znachki Active Member

At least the movie had female characters in it. Most of those movies only have them as an arm piece for the guys.

Whedon penned a script for a Wonder Woman movie a couple of years back, but the PTB DC/WB decided it wasn't what they wanted. Now he's all Marvel's. I'm surer they're kicking themselves.

23. pair mom

pair mom New Member

Only two network drama shows I've been watching this season are Person of Interest and Beauty and The Beast. Love them both! Survivor and the Amazing Race have also been enjoyed this season. Other than that....reading!

24. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Being watching Luther on Netflicks and I like this show but it has more in common with Criminal Minds rather than Columbo except for the lead character's manner of dress. There are some unique storylines (especially Alice!) but what I do not get is why the seasons are so short.

25. AliasJohnDoe

"The Walking Dead" mid-season finale ratings breaks records:
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...k-basic-cable-records-top-broadcast-hits.html

26. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

You spoke for me; although I'd like to be proven wrong.

27. AliasJohnDoe

28. AliasJohnDoe

29. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I love Cold War spying stuff and am looking forward to the show. However I think basing the show in the 60s and 70s would have been better and I am not sure about Keri Russell.

30. gingercrush

gingercrush New Member

Very typical of British drama.