2012 Fall TV Season - new and returning show

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Artemis@BC, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Impressive. :)

2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Vegas is getting a shortened season. Not the best sign. :(

3. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

You can only imagine my O face!

:eek:

4. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Spin Alissa Spin!!!

5. AliasJohnDoe

6. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Mankind: The Story Of All Of Us (link) - debuts tonight in Canada on the History Channel (9pm). Anyone else going to give it a go? It's a six-part series, looks pretty good. Apparently it's already started in the U.S. (November 13th) and the U.K. (November 14th). Wikipedia says that Josh Brolin is the narrator, but in the U.K. that role is for Stephen Fry. Guess Brolin speaks gooder English than Fry. :p

7. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

I watched a bit of it earlier tonight on online. It doesn't seem bad, but I could have done without the cavemen years.

8. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

They're going to air the thirteen episodes that they originally ordered so maybe we'll get some sort of resolution before they yank it off the air. It started slow but it has kept my interest and I'd like to see some answers to the questions too. :)

9. AliasJohnDoe

10. AliasJohnDoe

11. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I think I'm done with 2 Broke Girls. It has its funny moments, but the language and sexuality is way over the top. I'd like to think I'm open minded, but for someone to respond "anal" to how far one should go on a first date is just crude, not funny.

12. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

You lasted longer than me. I gave up after the 3rd eppie and I could barely get through that one.

13. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Don't think I'll bother, considering the source. The "History" channel -- aka the War Channel -- has some pretty outdated ideas about what history is, and I can't imagine they'll tell me anything I don't already know.

But if it gets rave reviews I'm sure there will be many, many, many opportunities to catch it in reruns.

Re: changing narrators, that's been done before. I remember loving Meerkat Manor largely because of the absolutely perfect deadpan narration of Bill Nighy. Then I saw an Amercian version -- same video but with Paul Newman as narrator. Not that I have anything against Newman ... but it wasn't nearly as good. Ditto for the series Life: David Attenborough vs. Oprah.

14. AliasJohnDoe

15. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  16. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Nice to see Vegas dong better. Hopefully it will help the series.

17. AliasJohnDoe

18. AliasJohnDoe

19. AliasJohnDoe

"Downton Abbey" renewed for a fourth season:
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...ey-renewed-for-a-fourth-season-in-the-uk.html

20. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Saw Charlie Brown and loved it. Always look forward to seeing Charlie around the holiday season. :cheer2:

21. AliasJohnDoe

22. AliasJohnDoe

23. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Angus T. Jones the teen star of the TV show Two and a Half Men has trashed the show on a YouTube video. He called the show filth and urged people to stp watching the show. Jones makes about $300,000 an episode and is set for life because of syndication. It is left to be seen what is gonna happen next but to me it is just a serious case ungracious behaviour.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment...ams-show-tells-viewers-not-to-watch-1.1054736

24. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I'd applaud him for coming of age and realizing what he's been part of, but this "church" whose videos he admires and whose leader he has apparently befriended is nuts, and perhaps dangerously so with their anti-everything messages.

I did wonder what the effect of growing up around Charlie Sheen and being part of those scripts and being part of something so successful and lucrative might have done to him, and I guess we're starting to see it now. One wonders where his parents were, letting him play that character, say those lines and be part of that show at such a young and clearly impressionable age, and his formative years. Cashing the cheques I suppose.

25. AliasJohnDoe

26. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Well said, Jenny. It looks like a case of the pendulum swinging from one extreme to the other. It's hard enough for a kid to grow up and figure out what he believes without being in the spotlight and dealing with all the factors you mention. I hope he gets things sorted out and that he'll be okay.

27. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

This Kool-Aid tastes sour to me.

28. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

not to mention the hypocrisy of making such a video while continuing to accept the money and being a part of it. :blah:

29. AliasJohnDoe

"Downton Abbey" creator Julian Fellowes to write and produce "The Gilded Age" for NBC:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ampaign=Feed: Tvbythenumbers (TVbytheNumbers)

30. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Is it going to be a miniseries or is it going to be a serial/soap?