2012 Fall TV Season - new and returning show

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Artemis@BC, Aug 21, 2012.

1. RomyNL

RomyNL Well-Known Member

Nashville seems so slooooooow after watching last couple episodes of Revenge

2. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

At long last they're going to have Rayna and Juliette collaborating. And high time, too. I think that will make things a little more exciting.

Interesting theme last night: Everyone was getting into trouble over things they didn't do! The drugs weren't really Coleman's, Teddy isn't really having an affair, the football player (I forget his name) wasn't really drunk, Avery didn't really sleep with the manager (at least not at first), etc. But none of it seemed to matter.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  3. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Wyliefan, I think you put spoiler tags on the wrong part of your post :)

4. Wyliefan

Oh, sorry. I meant to hide what happened last night, but you're right, I should hide the other part too. I thought it was a vague and generic enough mention of what was going to happen that it didn't need to be hidden, but I'll go ahead and hide it.

5. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

No worries - one assumes that will happen eventually :)

Best line of the night: "We're young, we're hot, and I have a jet." :lol:

6. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Spin Alissa Spin!!!

7. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

8. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

9. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

I asked on here how they were going to have a season two because Emily would run out of people to get Revenge on. So now they had to bring in all these new characters to try to keep it going. Maybe it would have done better as a miniseries and had a conclusion. I don't like it as much as I did the first season because it's gotten too "huh?".

Nashville could go on forever, even if they add new characters and storylines, like Dallas and my all time fave, Knots Landing. Still like the music that's not too twangy.

10. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Best Nashville line of last night was Deacon's retort to Claire's "you don't like mah Avery": "Do you want me to give him a balloon every time I see him?" :rofl: I was laughing so hard I had to rewind to catch the stuff afterwards. Glad to see Rayna taking control of her career and Juliette dating someone in her own age bracket.

11. AliasJohnDoe

"Arrow" is considered the surprise hit of the season. It's ratings are great for being on the CW It's become the CW's #2 show, just behind "The Vampire Diaries".

12. AliasJohnDoe

13. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Good heavens, does any show get better ratings than Big Bang Theory? No wonder it was renewed for several more seasons before this one even started - monster numbers - and they likely want to lock in all the major players.

I like Up All Night, but it's been pretty much doomed no matter where they put it on the schedule.

14. AliasJohnDoe

15. AliasJohnDoe

16. CDANN1013

CDANN1013 Active Member

According to EW, both 666 Park Avenue and Last Resort have been cancelled. Both shows will finish out their 13 order

Carol

17. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I have not watched any of the above three cancelled shows.

18. AliasJohnDoe

I didn't watch "Partners" or "Last Resort" either, but I watched the first 3 episodes of "666 Park Ave". It just couldn't keep my interest after that.

19. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Aww, poor Park 666 Avenue. I was really digging that show. I have to admit that I would DVR it and watch it the next night, because I was too caught up in Once Upon a Time and Revenge. Maybe 3 mytharc intensive shows is too much for one night? I wonder if something like GCB would've been a better fit. Aww, I miss GCB...

As for Last Resort, Scott Speedman needs to be back on TV...stat! Put him on Revenge or Once Upon a Time! Can he sing? Because he'd be smokin' on Nashville.

20. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Last Resort didn't seem to be a sustainable show. Maybe it would have done better as a 1 season show, or even a miniseries. How long could they actually stay on the island? And eventually, they'd run out of missiles or someone would take a nap and the Seals would board the ship. Hopefully the cancellation will give them time to give us a satisfying ending.

21. AliasJohnDoe

22. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

A couple of my favourite shows like Person of Interest and Arrow are on hiatus next week. Boooo... :(

23. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

Awwww, I knew Partners would be canceled, but I'd still hoped it wouldn't be. I really enjoyed the show. Who knew Brandon Routh was so funny?

24. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

that's too bad, i really really enjoy watching jim caviezel kick ass in a well tailored suit

25. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I did, from watching him on Chuck :shuffle:

I didn't know he was on a show this season though :shuffle: shuffle:

26. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that there will be a S.H.E.I.L.D. TV series. Should be awesome! :cheer2:

27. AliasJohnDoe

28. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

666 park avenue was canceled. the show was a mixed bag for me. but i would have liked some resolution to some of the plots first.

29. Wyliefan

Whedon's got a new show? How did I not hear the ecstatic screeching of fans piercing the atmosphere?

30. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

We have learned the silent scream. :D