2012 Fall TV Season - new and returning show

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Artemis@BC, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

2. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

YAY NASHVILLE!!!!!!! :cheer: :rollin: :cheer2: :biggrinbo

WTH happened with the Sunday ratings?! OUAT fell a ton from last week and most other shows were really flat or also dropped. Hope it was just the holiday weekend here in the USA or the massive football overrun on both Fox and CBS. :fragile:
  3. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Saw Falling Skies today for the first time and loved it!!! :cheer2:
  4. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Interesting the reference to the deeper demographic - in this case not just the usual desirable age group, but income, which makes it attractive to advertisers that have money to spend.

So so happy about this - no doubt this also means a video release, and hopefully a soundtrack CD :)
  5. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Spin Alissa Spin!!!

6. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Great to hear about Nashville! And yes, I've heard that there's going to be a soundtrack CD.
  7. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

aren't a lot of the songs on Nashville already available on iTunes? They'd be nuts not to put out an album. I've never wanted to buy songs or an album from a tv show, but I would buy this, because the show has original songs that sound like they were written for real artists, not for a tv show.
  8. HeatherC

I heard the Nashville soundtrack is coming out sometime in December (the 11th I think?) and I would totally buy it too! :cheer:
  9. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I've already purchased some of the individual downloads from Nashville, so I'd certainly go for the soundtrack.
  10. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Not surprised about Revolution. The bad writing was bound to catch up with it sooner or later. Giancarlo Esposito(Neville) is the only character I care for in that show. And WOW about The Walking Dead's numbers. :wideeyes:
  11. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I tried to like Revolution. But the combination of bad writing, dropped plots and crappy lead got to me. I started rooting for the bad guys and finally deleted the unwatched episodes from the DVR.

:cheer2: to Nashville's renewal. I bought the Civil Wars cover (If I Didn't Know Better) and have listened to a few others. Still not a fan of Connie's voice, but it's growing on me.
  12. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

amazon.ca now has a placeholder for a Dec 11 release, so I think I will wait to see the track list and then start downloading anything that's missing.
  13. genevieve

Is anyone watching Grimm? I missed several eps and have been getting caught up = love that show! I think they've been doing a good job in handling Hank's knowledge about Nick, but we are perilously close to a drinking game everytime Hank says "is that a vessen?". But: more Monroe, pls! And I thought Rosalie was being made a series regular but she hasn't been in any of the last 3 eps I've seen. I really like her and Monroe's vessenmance.
  14. AliasJohnDoe

15. Wyliefan

Track list here.

Surprisingly little from Connie. I wonder what happened to that song of hers from the first episode. And "Buried Under" is one of my least favorite songs on the show -- the tune was good but the lyrics were weak. "Now the truth is a ball and chain holdin' my conscience to the flame" -- holy mixed metaphor, Batman!

But most of the other stuff on there is good.
    Jenny and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Awesome, thanks! Definitely buying it :)
  17. genevieve

I'm glad they're including the song by the Stella sisters!
  18. znachki

znachki Active Member

The actress playing Rosalie, Bree Turner had a baby mid-September, which is why she's been out. Maternity leave.
  19. Wyliefan

Nashville's "Deacon" sang at the Grand Ole Opry last weekend! They really are taking the musical aspect of the show very seriously.
  20. HeatherC

How cool! What a thrill that had to be for him. :) BTW-He's never going to be Charles to me...he's always going to be Chip, that guy from Whose Line who cracked me up every week, LOL :lol:
  21. RomyNL

RomyNL Well-Known Member

Nashville seems so slooooooow after watching last couple episodes of Revenge
  22. Wyliefan

At long last they're going to have Rayna and Juliette collaborating. And high time, too. I think that will make things a little more exciting.

Interesting theme last night: Everyone was getting into trouble over things they didn't do! The drugs weren't really Coleman's, Teddy isn't really having an affair, the football player (I forget his name) wasn't really drunk, Avery didn't really sleep with the manager (at least not at first), etc. But none of it seemed to matter.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  23. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Wyliefan, I think you put spoiler tags on the wrong part of your post :)
  24. Wyliefan

Oh, sorry. I meant to hide what happened last night, but you're right, I should hide the other part too. I thought it was a vague and generic enough mention of what was going to happen that it didn't need to be hidden, but I'll go ahead and hide it.
  25. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

No worries - one assumes that will happen eventually :)

Best line of the night: "We're young, we're hot, and I have a jet." :lol:
  26. AliasJohnDoe

27. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

28. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

29. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

I asked on here how they were going to have a season two because Emily would run out of people to get Revenge on. So now they had to bring in all these new characters to try to keep it going. Maybe it would have done better as a miniseries and had a conclusion. I don't like it as much as I did the first season because it's gotten too "huh?".

Nashville could go on forever, even if they add new characters and storylines, like Dallas and my all time fave, Knots Landing. Still like the music that's not too twangy.
  30. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Best Nashville line of last night was Deacon's retort to Claire's "you don't like mah Avery": "Do you want me to give him a balloon every time I see him?" :rofl: I was laughing so hard I had to rewind to catch the stuff afterwards. Glad to see Rayna taking control of her career and Juliette dating someone in her own age bracket.
  31. AliasJohnDoe

"Arrow" is considered the surprise hit of the season. It's ratings are great for being on the CW It's become the CW's #2 show, just behind "The Vampire Diaries".
  32. AliasJohnDoe

33. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Good heavens, does any show get better ratings than Big Bang Theory? No wonder it was renewed for several more seasons before this one even started - monster numbers - and they likely want to lock in all the major players.

I like Up All Night, but it's been pretty much doomed no matter where they put it on the schedule.
  34. AliasJohnDoe

35. AliasJohnDoe

36. CDANN1013

CDANN1013 Active Member

According to EW, both 666 Park Avenue and Last Resort have been cancelled. Both shows will finish out their 13 order

Carol
  37. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I have not watched any of the above three cancelled shows.
  38. AliasJohnDoe

I didn't watch "Partners" or "Last Resort" either, but I watched the first 3 episodes of "666 Park Ave". It just couldn't keep my interest after that.
  39. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Aww, poor Park 666 Avenue. I was really digging that show. I have to admit that I would DVR it and watch it the next night, because I was too caught up in Once Upon a Time and Revenge. Maybe 3 mytharc intensive shows is too much for one night? I wonder if something like GCB would've been a better fit. Aww, I miss GCB...

As for Last Resort, Scott Speedman needs to be back on TV...stat! Put him on Revenge or Once Upon a Time! Can he sing? Because he'd be smokin' on Nashville.
  40. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Last Resort didn't seem to be a sustainable show. Maybe it would have done better as a 1 season show, or even a miniseries. How long could they actually stay on the island? And eventually, they'd run out of missiles or someone would take a nap and the Seals would board the ship. Hopefully the cancellation will give them time to give us a satisfying ending.