2012 Euros - Online Viewing Options

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Ziggy, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Well what are they?

If you know of any way of watching Euros online, please share it and I will add all information to this post, so we have it all in one place, for easy reference.

If you already know the schedule for particular TV channels, please post it here as well.

US - IceNetwork is not showing Euros online because they didn't manage to strike a deal with whoever has the tv rights.

Sweden - SVT should have excellent full online coverage, as usual. It's geo-blocked though.

Worldwide - There's a number of online services, offering the option to watch Russian tv channels online. They usually have very good coverage.

I have used them all and the best one, by far, IMO is .

There's also
    RUTelevision and some other ones, I don't remember now.

TRT-3 (a Turkish channel) usually has very good live figure skating coverage, however the free video stream sometimes fails when hordes of figure skating fans overload it. ;P

CCTV (Chinese state tv) often shows figure skating and streams can be found on various free streaming websites but the quality isn't great and their coverage usually isn't complete.

Eurosport Player is cheap and will enable you to watch Eurosport online, however it might be geo-blocked to Europe and the quality of service is very poor with a high failure rate. I would advise against it.
  2. Malgosia

Malgosia New Member

You mean - Euros 2012? :D

I've always thought Eurosport has the same tv schedule in every country. I was wrong.

Eurosport France offers almost full coverage:

Wednesday
    Pairs SP 15:00-18:00
    Ice Dance - SD 19.30-22.30

Thursday
    MEN SP 14:00-18:15
    Pairs LP 19:30-22:30

Friday
    Ladies SP 14:00-17:15
    Ice Dance FD 19:30-22:15

Saturday
    Ladies LP 19:30-22:30

and this is what other countries get from Eurosport.....:mad:

Thursday
    Pairs LP 22:00-23.00

Friday
    Ice Dance FD 22:00-23.25

Saturday
    Men LP 15:45-17.00
    Ladies LP 22:00-23.15

Sunday
    Gala 15:45-17.00

Complete list of confirmed broadcasters for the ISU European Figure Skating Championship 2012 (http://europeans2012.co.uk/news/32):
    Czech TV - Czech Republic
    Estonia Public Broadcasting - Estonia
    YLEISRADIO OY FIYLE - Finland
    Eurosport - France
    France Televisions – FTV - France
    ZDF German TV - Germany
    GRERT - Greece
    MTVA - Hungary
    PLTVP - Poland (TVP Sport I guess - unfortunately I don't have it on my cable.)
    ROTVR - Romania
    RTR - Russia
    RTV Slovenija - SIRTVS - Slovenia
    ESTVE Spain
    Swiss TV - Switzerland
    BBC Sport - UK
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Uhmm yes, Euros 2012 of course. :eek:

If some kind admin could correct that, I'd be very grateful.

And yes, Eurosport schedule does vary from one country to another. Thanks for posting that schedule Malgosia.

They've never shown as little as this. :( :mad:
  4. Carina

Carina Member

5. Braulio

Braulio Well-Known Member

Russia 2 will broadcast everything live, except the men´s free skate and will chack most likely the first two groups of the ladies free skate

This channel can be watched via tvteka or webtv

dont forget for those outside Europe, Canada, USA or Japan, you can purchase (with paypal) the Live and On Demand coverage at the ISU PPV Site
  6. seaner00

seaner00 New Member

Livescorehunter usually has some livestreams from Eurosport coverage for us internationals
  7. ice9

ice9 Active Member

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I get Men's and Ladies' live coverage here in Japan so this covers pretty much everything. :D Thanks for the info!
  8. Braulio

the issue is that if eurosport doesnt show anything then no matter if there are tons and tons of links, we will get what they have on the tv schedule and thus far the coverage is very poor
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Ok, so so far we've got two decent options:

Estonian TV shows everything live and let's pray it won't be geo-blocked.

Russia 2 will show almost everything live (and is available on webtv, tvteka and rutelevision).
  10. FarFarAway

FarFarAway Choice is an illusion

Sport 2 is also showing Ladies and Men FS live full versions on January 28. All the other events will be taped.
  11. Evilynn

Evilynn ((Swedish skating dudes))

Unfortunately TV4 bought the rights in Sweden, and they're doing a shitty job showing almost nothing online (I heard rumours they might show the gala online, but haven't found anything on their TV4Play site) and only showing men and ladies on TV4 Sport (a channel I noticed I actually have, who knew?) and Sjuan, going as far as cutting up the gala to only show men + ladies. :confused: I read somewhere they might show the highlights of the pairs FP and the FD during the zamboni breaks, but who knows. The only good thing about this coverage is that Filip Stiller will be the commentator.

Times in CET:

TV4 sport/Sjuan:
    26/1: 14:00-18:20 men sp
    27/1: 14-17:30 ladies sp
    17.30-18.15 ladies sp (Sjuan).

28/1: 13:55 - 17 men fp
    18:30-22:30 ladies sp
    19-20 men + ladies gala exh bits

TV Finland shows a little bit too:
    26/1: 15-16 men sp
    21-22:30 pairs fp

27/1: 15:10-16 & 17:30-18:20 ladies sp
    21:05-22:30 FD

28/1: 15:20-17:15 men fp
    21:25-22:25 ladies fp

29/1: 15:25-17:15 gala exh
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

So I'm not asking a kind admin to update the OP because I'm lazy. But because there just sadly isn't much choice out there. :(

If you live in Estonia, ETV2 will be streaming everything other than the Preliminary Rounds: http://otse.err.ee/etv2/

If you live in Finland, YLE streams everything live: http://areena.yle.fi/live

For those living in Canada, South America, Africa and some Asian countries (a full list doesn't exist, you need to check yourself whether you can watch it from your location), you can get access via the ISU Channel for $18.50:
    http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesuite.net/isu/pay/index.html

Worldwide, you can get access to Russia 2 (which will show most of the events live) through TVTeka: http://tvteka.com/
  13. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

14. Braulio

yes
  15. MikiAndoFan#1

:(
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

That's why I wrote "if you live..." :(
  17. MikiAndoFan#1

:duh: :wall:
  18. Skate-Cat

Skate-Cat New Member

Has anybody a complete schedule of the russian channel ? I did`nt find anything :confused:
    I don`t understand why we can`t get the ISU channel in Germany....
  19. whiterose

whiterose Member

For me the same. We dont get access to the ISU channel and our Tv doesn't broadcast anything. I'm very angry about this Eurosport coverage and about German tv. :(
  20. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Probably because Eurosport has the tv rights.

I think FarFarAway posted saying that Russia 2 will have everything live, other than the early groups of Ladies and Men FS.
  21. whiterose

whiterose Member

Eurosport has the tv rights, but they show only about 5 hours skating. No SP and maybe they skip some events, especially in Germany. I guess all free livestreams will broken down. Its every year the same.
  22. FarFarAway

FarFarAway Choice is an illusion

Yes, you are right :) Russia 2 is showing everything live, except early groups of Ladies and Men FS. The channel can be found, if I'm not mistaken, on such services like TVTeka.

As for the schedule - I clearly remember it was posted somewhere in one of the neighboring threads by someone, so that's why I didn't repost it here. If needed, I can, but I'm afraid I won't have enough time to calculate the correct times. :(
  23. Extranjera

Extranjera New Member

Rai Sport 2 also shows Euros, the broadast is starting in 2 hours: http://www.rai.it/dl/rai/guidaProgrammi.html

TVP Sport doesn't broadcast Euros, they don't even show exhibiton gala :(
  24. care bear

care bear Active Member

25. MikiAndoFan#1

26. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

After you get to this page, is there something one needs to do. At one place on the page is a small screen which looks as if it is loading something, but nothing ever comes on. Thanks
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  27. Braulio

Click on the little screen that has the number 2 on it, so it will play
  28. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

29. icenut84

icenut84 New Member

I can't get it to work - any ideas? I clicked on the symbol for what I assume is Russia 2 and it's come up with a still from what I assume might be the pairs event from earlier, but I can't see a way to play the live stream. I can't read Russian, it might be really obvious if you can - how do you get it to play?
  30. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Well first of all you have to register and pay. There might be a free trial. I can't remember now.

I would suggest you use Google Chrome because it has webpage translation built in and it's a superior browser to both IE and Firefox anyhow.

I don't speak any Russian either but it translates the whole page for me so I know what to click on. ;)
  31. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information about browsers. Just got a new puter and had no idea Chrome was superior to Firefox. That being said I never was successful in getting debil to work or estonia. What's new???????????????:mad:
  32. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

33. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

God bless you, Vagabond. I had spent well over an hour trying various sites to no avail.
    Came here and saw your link and voila!!! it worked. Thanks.
  34. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Here's the excellent Estonian feed.
    http://otse.err.ee/etv2/

When skating returns it won't be geoblocked.
    Check the time in the list on the right.
  35. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

On estonian feed, if skating is on will the player screen automatically be there or is there something you have to do to bring it up. I went there when the men's short was on and never could figure out how to get the stream to start.
  36. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member