2012 2013 Season programs Thread 2

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by DORISPULASKI, Sep 7, 2012.

1. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Z&G are Zombies coming out of the grave and dancing in the cemetery. It was choreographed, so their bio says, by Averbukh.

2. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

seems like i´m the only one likeing der new fd.
    i´m so pleased with totally new lifts.
    theire lifts the last seasons were all the same and kind of unspectacular compared to the top teams. so they improved by that.

i really like the idea and hope they can move on with great results in gp

3. shan

shan Well-Known Member

See post 177 of this thread...

4. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I like the concept, the music, and the costumes...there is just a lack of tension in the choreography that makes it fall flat for me. I think the program has a ton of potential, I just hope they can realize it.

5. dots

dots Well-Known Member

Thank you Doris. It makes sense now, well at least the neck twisting part of the choreography. :eek:

The concept was interesting, a FD about flesh eating Zombies looks pretty cool on paper, but the actual execution of that concept was not!

AND the costumes OMG the costumes!!!!! :yikes: :wuzrobbed

6. casken

casken Well-Known Member

I agree about Z&G's FD.

Good concept and some actual original choreography (gasp!), but they just don't deliver it convincingly.

I also think the music cuts don't help.

7. kamarinabitto

kamarinabitto New Member

Japan Open cannot keep waiting!!

8. DORISPULASKI

It's interesting that 2 different teams on two different continents think not only I want to do a Zombie program, but I want to do a Zombie program to Rama Lama Bang Bang by Roisin Murphy/

9. la.louise

la.louise New Member

I like Z&G new FD including the costumes, it's a bit Tim Burton-esque. They just need to skate it better.

10. ostile17

ostile17 Active Member

I could hardly recognize him with the goatee!
    Is this choreographed by Camerlengo?

11. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Do you mean this year's FDs? I didn't know that another team had the same concept and music. Who are they?

By the way, Averbukh originally did a choreography to this music for Albena Denkova and her partner in his 2009 'Ice Age' show (something like 'Skating with Stars'), then Denkova and Staviski had it as a exhibition piece. This year he reused it in the 'Ice Age: Cup of Professionals' show for Elena Leonova and Maxim Shabalin. As for 'Tore My Heart' that is used in the first part of the dance, in another Averbukh's show 'Ice and Fire' (skating and dancing) Yagudin and his partner had a dance (somewhat Tim Burton's 'Corpse Bride' themed :D) choreographed to it for them. Actually there was a dance choreographed to this song in the american 'So You Think That You Can Dance' show first, but the dance in Averbukh's show was not a copy of it.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  12. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

Oona's tore my heart ? Where ? Who ? When ?

13. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Time for Nancy Kerrigan to revive those 'Halloween on Ice' shows! :lol:

14. lauravvv

I don't know about the other team, but the ones that I was talking about here are the German ice dancers Nelli Zhiganshina and Alexander Gazsi -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC503ATWycw .

15. DORISPULASKI

The Junior team, Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter, are doing a Zombie SD on the JGP circuit, to Ramalama bang bang for their SD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj1aXkNixkY

Here they are at JGP Istanbul (caution: the rink acoustics at Istanbul are crappy)

I don't think copying is going on, just that it's a funny coincidence.

16. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Zombies are the new vampires. All the rage with the young ones ;)

17. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

It's "Ramalama (Bang Bang)". ;)

Three guesses!

(Tarasova :p)

18. os168

os168 Active Member

Looks like Tat has been taking Recycling tips from Morozov.
    At least she is honest about it, even though she is surely turning into the female version of Lori Nichols from Russia :lol:

Tat did a memorable version for Sasha a while back, and of course there's the most memorable version by Baiul to compare with. It would be interesting to see how this latest version will rank among all the great swan lakes of the past. She couldn't have picked a better balletic skater to do this classic justice. I just hope it won't be ends up another happy and jolly white Swan like Mao's Scheherazade last year.

19. shan

shan Well-Known Member

The acoustics were better in Courchevel.

20. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I skated to that music a few years ago, before I saw it from SYTYCD. Zombies was the last thing that came to my mind. Sorry but I do think there is some copying going on.

There was a french team that used it a few years ago too. They didn't do zombies.

I love Roisin Murphy. I think I have used about 3 of her songs for skating programs.

21. rosewood

rosewood Wheeee! Wonder babies!

Mao had a kind of hard time with her sick mother and reconstructing her jumping technique. So she wanted to pick that kind of joyful and airy Scheherazade ver to look up. And I loved it.

BUT this season things have changed. So I think Mao and TAT picked traditional style of music.

Mao is a soooooo beautiful skater and I can't to see her graceful Swan Lake. Go Mao!! I love to see MAO'S SWAN LAKE.:saint:

22. lauravvv

Copying from where? If that french team didn't do zombies, then it's not from them. Actually, the dance in 'SYSTYCD' was not zombies either. As I wrote, Averbukh first did a zombie themed choreo to 'Ramalama (Bang Bang)' (thanks, ziggy :)) in his 2009 show.

23. DORISPULASKI

Blanc & Bouquet used Roisin Murphy, and yes, they did not think of Zombies.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Cm4nw52RSH0#t=89s

OTOH, I don't know what made them think about carrying matching lunch sacks or coin purses (whatever those things hanging off their wrists are supposed to be).

It might be the part about "unzip my heart out" and "when you die you die" that makes people think OOOO great for Zombies.

I doubt McNamara / Carpenter copied Zhiganshina/Gaszi-they showed their Zombie SD at Lake Placid IDC quite a long time ago. They train at Wheaton Academy, which is not in the skating capital of the known world either. Z&G would not have been flying through and been seen doing their Zombies.

Now could Z&G have seen M&C? It doesn't seem likely that they were just combing the junior ranks of LPIDC looking for an FD concept. And the LPIDC videos aren't on youtube for Lorraine & Quinn, although they are for their 2 JGP events. But that would have been way too late for Z&G to start working on an FD.

So I'm figuring it's a very odd coincidence.

Perhaps both teams had seen Blanc & Bouquet's number.

Switching tracks

Duhamel & Radford's LP was filmed:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/25826412

Does anyone recognize what MMM (miserable movie music) that is?

24. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

(((Blank & Bucket)))

25. lauravvv

Eh, quoting myself again :
    So, that's where it came from in this particular case. Definitely not from M/C. And I remember reading that Averbukh did this choreo for Zhiganshina/Gazsi quite early. Yes, probably Averbukh had seen Blanc/Bouquet's dance when he first decided to choreograph to this music in his 2009 show.

26. lavenderblue

lavenderblue Active Member

As far as "Ramalama (Bang Bang)" goes -- I think it's coincidental that both teams are using it and using zombies, but I think M/C could very well have been inspired by SYTYCD. This was the original dance from that show.

27. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Which was done about 2005-2006 as it was from either season 1 or 2 I think. So the SYTYCD number has been around a while. Either way the concept has been done before.

28. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

29. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

I just hate how NOTHING is ever leaked about Mao in the off season. I soooooooooooo badly want to see her skate. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

30. Amy03

Amy03 Member

Let me join you in your frustration!