2012 2013 Season programs Thread 2

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by DORISPULASKI, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Zhulin said it in an interview, I think it was right after Zenkova and Sinitsin competed at their first JGP.
  2. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I remember the days of wanting to go out on the ice and give them a push. They were slooooooooooow.
  3. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Didn't Morozov also say last season I&K were ready for gold at Worlds ;)
  4. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

5. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, are you suggesting that this choreography would beat anything that Chan is going to do?

That program had absolutely no relationship with the music. Just a series of random arm movements which could be also construed as transitions which demonstrated no real complexity or variety. It did nothing for me. And his hands just bug me.
  6. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

lol What I actually meant to say is that if Wilson authored Gachinski's program, should I be fearing a similar choreography for Patrick Chan from him? Pretentious, purposeless and with little or even no connection to the music at times?

Sorry for having confused you.
  7. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

Perhaps the poster was worried that Wilson has lost his mind and was therefor worried about what choreography Chan might have?

ETA: Apparently!
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Wilson's programs usually fail to excite, to put it mildly. :saint:

And Mishin will take all the choreo out anyway, if there will be any. :p
  9. Aussie Willy

:rofl: Yes you did confuse me. Thanks for clarifying. I totally agree with you. I have given you some clarification rep :)
  10. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

He always says that about his girlfriends. :lol: He said B&K should have been 4x world champs too. :rofl:
  11. Macassar88

And Kustarova said that Bobrova and Soloviev should be number 1 in the world. :rofl:
  12. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

13. martyross

martyross New Member

Explanation of Bobrova/Soloviev's FD (from Goldenskate)

http://en.ria.ru/sports/20120916/175992189.html

14. shan

shan Well-Known Member

So Bobrova goes mad at the end of the program after trying to "instill life" into Soloviev?
  15. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

16. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Yes, in this (russian) article there is the continuation of the story:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  17. babayaga

babayaga Active Member

Right. In the Russian version of the interview they said in addition that her attempts are eventually successful, but she goes mad before she could realize that. I think the fact that they change positions at the end of the program is reflecting that.

ETA: lauravvv was faster :)
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I love Bobrova/Soloviev's concept! Great job by Zhulin. They've always had excellent technique, they just needed something original and more cutting edge to really make a mark and I think this will do. :)

What a totally empty program... :scream:

Plushenko had a few programs choreographed and probably took out choreography from them anyway. :p

Nice attempt at a 4salchow, though. He leaned forward too much but you can see this jump is easily within his capability. And nice to see him doing a straight line step sequence where he focuses on edges and staying in character of the music instead of wild flailing. :)
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  19. martyross

martyross New Member

thanks. mmh. so Bobrova has a latent insanity? i suppose they share the same illness? because that she eventually "goes mad" too, sounds a little forced. btw, a tragic conclusion is better than an happy ending. it speaks more of the reality of life.
    maybe Dimitri lost his mind while trying to figure the levels for the Polka :p
  20. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

So she goes mad at the end and decides to cut Tosca into the music... ah, no, that was TAT. :D
    aka_gerbil and (deleted member) like this.
  21. Macassar88

No she hears Tosca and then goes into that lift where she is feeling pain. Then she goes crazy because Marton's arrangement won't go away.
    Hanna and (deleted member) like this.
  22. Aussie Willy

I think B&S's theme could be the basis for many a thread title for the forthcoming season.

The thing that would have made the program better was to incorporate "They're coming to take me away" into it. I would have preferred that to Tosca.
  23. martyross

martyross New Member

well, perhaps that particular segment of Tosca could be fitting, more or less... it's the part where Tosca's lover says 'i've never loved life as much as i do now' referring to the fact that he's going to die. maybe it could be referred to Ekaterina's character, while she slowly loses her mind. dunno!
  24. Aussie Willy

I think this best sums it all up.
  25. Aussie Willy

26. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

27. homura

homura New Member

Here is my translation.

Daisuke Takahashi unveiled his practice in Russia. He is being coached by Nikolai Morozov of Russia. Daisuke's aim for Sochi Olympics is to upgrade his performance level. His first competition of this season will be held in October. Morozov advised him to express feelings more abundantly while skating his free program to Opera music.
    Morozov "He gets an advantage over his rivals because he is more experienced."
    Takahashi "(Practice in Russia) makes me get motivated so much. I think it was a good decision to work with Nikolai again"

To me, his FS sounds like "Pagliacci" by Leoncavallo. It was choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  28. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

So B/S are going for the concept P/B had in their Organ Donor program, just in reverse? (obviously the programs themselves are not alike)

Thanks for the translation! Though I must say, I already find Dai quite expressive - to express his feelings more abundantly could make his programs feel really over the top (an issue I had with his previous Shae-Lynn Bourne program at times).

Has Morozov lost weight?
  29. Evilynn

Evilynn ((Swedish skating dudes))

30. Shlepa

Shlepa New Member

I think that this is "Godfather" theme
    Evilynn and (deleted member) like this.