2012 2013 Season programs Thread 2

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by DORISPULASKI, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

2. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

....I like it...:lol:, it's understandable why they have lost speed so it isn't bothering me too much, I hope that this program develops more as the season goes on, and wow, i'm noticing Dima for once :D. I'm looking forward to their growth this season.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

ID programs always look like a big mess early on in the season.

Both Bobrova/Soloviev's programs are actually interesting and don't induce a coma after 15 seconds, which is a huge improvement.

SD is a little quirky, FD is really passionate and they ooze expression, which is something I thought I would never say about them.

---

Schultheiss's music PROPERLY FORMATTED:

Short Program:
    Robot Boys - DubseEpic Symph
    DatsiK - Jenova Project
    Robot Boys - Beta

Free Program:
    René Aubry - Samuel
    René Aubry - Avant La Pluie (Partie II)
    René Aubry - Avant La Pluie (Chykidec' Remix)
    Michael Ortega - Cry

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  4. la.louise

la.louise New Member

5. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

6. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

I'm happy they didn't kept Pina

7. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Re: Bobrova/Soloviev FD

I did watch it more than once so I take that as a sign it has potential but unless other people have seen a different video then I did was anyone else bothered by how judge-centric the choreography was. I found myself too often thinking how I want to see the program from the opposite angle to see what they are doing, what they are trying to convey. It's as if Zhulin just didn't bother choreographing anything interesting for the fans and saved it all for the judges.

I know he isn´t the first to do this but it just bothered me how much I was missing.

8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

V-M all time made program only on judges side. And this why people, who saw it from the back, miss something. Especially in Mahler and Funny Face

9. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Mahler for me worked from all angles but I can see that with Funny Face. I never saw it from the back but picturing the program can imagine it was.

It's probably why I find it hard to really judge these programs. I love getting a sneak peek as much as the next person but you really miss a lot when they are shot from the back, even worse from the back corner. But it's probably also a good lesson in not forgetting there are two sides to an arena.;)

10. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Yeah, I'm loving B/S's FD.

11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

12. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

13. Jenya

Jenya Well-Known Member

I'll miss Pina (most interesting pairs program in years, if you ask me) but am always happy to see what Steuer, Savchenko, and Szolkowy can come up with. :) Thanks for the update.

AJ Skatefan and (deleted member) like this.
  14. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

^^ Seems that Pina was very difficult to adapt to the ice in the first place, and apparently the changes they were considering did not work. Maybe they can use Pina again for an exhibition.

In any case, I hope S/S and S will continue pushing the bar choreographically, and come up with something else dramatic, unexpected and perhaps even romantic. :)

15. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

:( at this. But things might just come around better.

There's a thinker! Oh, they so should!

16. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

It's just nice to see that some skaters still have artistic integrity. 99% of them would have made the necessary adaptations and if it didn't fit the music or theme, oh well, the points are more important. And this is why S&S rock. :D

Hanna and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

If they can get the levels they'll be okay. But that's a big big if.
    Anyway, I love their FD and can't stop watching it. Granted theirs a bad music transition because of TAT, but such improvement already! And this is with Zhulin saying that he is gearing them for Pyongchang. Imagine how amazing they'll be by then.

18. zotza

zotza allergic to brainless skaters

I love it too. I sense this is the first time they look really dangerous (for other teams).
    If Zhulin aims for Pyongchang and they keep going like that we're going to see great things.
    I even noticed Dmitry for once.And I love the way they used their bodies now.They had it in them but somehow couldn't find it.Maybe they didn't have the right style.:kickass:

19. Macassar88

And it's going to be even better when they even out all the little kinks (like her dropping her blade on her camel and the lift issue).
    I also agree that they need to work on their speed - but I feel like this is a very touchy area because of Bobrova's posture issues. It's gonna be a kickass year for them, but I worry that the judges will slam them as the new Russian #2 (because of their placement at worlds) and the fact that the new program is one that maybe takes more than one view to fully appreciate.

20. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Well I like the new look .Her hair down was good and they didn't look as heavy with lighter costumes but I found it to be a bit of a snooze fest zzzz to be honest .It was like watching Grushgons :lol:
    I'm disappointed .Like the SD more.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  21. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

If I&K are injured, B&S are the de factor Russian number 1 again, particularly after I&K's non-performance at WTT.

I wouldn't think it would be lost on the Russian fed that there is a team medal in Sochi...and that their Women's & Pair's team is very, very strong, and with Plushenko, their men's group will be good too. The hole is who is going to be the number one dance team...

22. love_skate2011

will it really affect though ? its still off season unless Ilinkyh's shoulder injury requires a month to heal until GP, you're right this could be the right time for Bobrova/Soloviev to really break out and solidify as Russia's number 1, its hard because by the start of GP, the judges might think otherwise. In my wildest dream* Sinitsina/Zhiganshin are Russian number 1 by next season
    :drama:

23. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

They couldn't skate. B/S have gorgeous skating skills.

24. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Wow I really really enjoyed that - thanks for posting. It had some problems, but the choice of music was excellent (really good contrast between the two) and who would have thought "My friend the witchdoctor" could be a Yankee Polka. But I loved the fun they portrayed and it had some very nice skating in it too.

25. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

She (Grushina) could skate, though. Sadly, he slowed her to a crawl.

26. love_skate2011

It did fit with the music transition because the song was mostly had country tone to it, shame they have a not so good FS program :(

27. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Well yes but I was meaning more the lack of speed :shuffle:

28. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

I think the speed can and will come. My thought is that paying attention to other things they're working on with their skating is slowing them down. Once those other things are second nature, then they can work on speed.

Given their goal is 2018, I'd much rather the see them working on the other issues rather than speed at the moment.

29. Macassar88

Yes they still have a lot to work on, but they have six seasons. I think it's good that they are going for Pyongchang gold because it means that they will do everything the right way instead of trying to take short cuts.

Obviously her posture is still atrocious at times, but it's much improved. The thing I want them to fix is their unison. They used to have really good unison and it left them in the past few seasons.

30. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Where did B&S say their goal is 2018? I agree that's the right goal for them, but I'm surprised they would say it out loud if they don't want the federation to dump them, because Morozov is implying that I&K's goal is 2014.