2012 2013 Season programs Thread 2

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by DORISPULASKI, Sep 7, 2012.

1. seabm7

seabm7 Member

I think Takahashi's new SP is not so bad. After a series of serious music, He can be relaxed once in a while.
  2. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

See below (what Theatregirl1122 wrote):

3. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I think we can breathe a sigh of relief that it has!
  4. lauravvv

I know that Gilles/Poirier FD was posted some time ago, but we can see it better here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYNYbLcp3SA&feature=related . Also, their music is a bit similar to what Zlobina/Sitnikov has. I like the lifts. But the dress is totally wrong for this dance, and doesn't even look that good on her. I hope they get something in different style. Anyway, it will be interesting to see them at international competitions for the first time.
  5. jobelle

jobelle Member

Wow, okay so this is the first time I've actually watched Gilles/Poirer's program. They are using music by Beirut? How did I miss that? I've been wanting an ice dance team to try Beirut for years!
  6. sbanet

sbanet Well-Known Member

Love it! :cool:, the program and the Gilles+Poirer icedance pairing. It looks like it's starting to come together for them.

Perhaps I've been watching too many vintage skating clips lately, but Gilles also bringing some 1960s/70s pair skating voids to icedance. :inavoid:
  7. lauravvv

I didn't know it was Beirut. Thank you for informing.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Schultheiss music selections for both SP and FS scream VOIDY! :cheer:
  9. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link for the Gilles/Poirier FD! Loved it...I'm very impressed with their unison, it looks improved. The lifts are interesting and the music is, too. Excited to see this in international competition. I really love their look together.
  10. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

11. martyross

martyross New Member

12. morqet

morqet Active Member

13. shah

shah Well-Known Member

Morozov seriously should consider buying some new CDs - he used Broken Sorrow for Ando's sp in the 2010/11 season (before she scraped it and used The Mission instead :)). at least it's not another Charlie Chaplin, as was announced before!
  14. schiele_

schiele_ New Member

Im really unhappy about this season turning into a butcher-fest of all the original music by some of my all time fav programmes, such as Lambiel's Poeta LP and Voir's Farrucas Flamenco OD..
    I dont want Amodio destroying Farrucas with a voidy Morozov hip shaking fist pumping crap..
  15. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

I have to say that when i first saw the Souls number i didnt care for it. After the first competition, i LOVED it and watch it over and over. I am hoping this will be the same with this but i doubt it. fingers crossed but outlook looks bleak.
  16. babayaga

babayaga Active Member

17. dots

dots Well-Known Member

18. aemeraldrainc

aemeraldrainc Active Member

Can't wait for this!! I wonder what competitions he'll be at.
  19. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

Two competitions (in Uppsala, Sweden & Finlandia Trophy) are listed in the link to his site above.

See the latest Russian news Autumn 2012 thread for links to competition and test skate videos.
  20. martyross

martyross New Member

isn't mid-September a little early to say this?
  21. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

22. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

....I like it...:lol:, it's understandable why they have lost speed so it isn't bothering me too much, I hope that this program develops more as the season goes on, and wow, i'm noticing Dima for once :D. I'm looking forward to their growth this season.
  23. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

ID programs always look like a big mess early on in the season.

Both Bobrova/Soloviev's programs are actually interesting and don't induce a coma after 15 seconds, which is a huge improvement.

SD is a little quirky, FD is really passionate and they ooze expression, which is something I thought I would never say about them.

---

Schultheiss's music PROPERLY FORMATTED:

Short Program:
    Robot Boys - DubseEpic Symph
    DatsiK - Jenova Project
    Robot Boys - Beta

Free Program:
    René Aubry - Samuel
    René Aubry - Avant La Pluie (Partie II)
    René Aubry - Avant La Pluie (Chykidec' Remix)
    Michael Ortega - Cry
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  24. la.louise

la.louise New Member

25. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

26. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

I'm happy they didn't kept Pina
  27. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Re: Bobrova/Soloviev FD

I did watch it more than once so I take that as a sign it has potential but unless other people have seen a different video then I did was anyone else bothered by how judge-centric the choreography was. I found myself too often thinking how I want to see the program from the opposite angle to see what they are doing, what they are trying to convey. It's as if Zhulin just didn't bother choreographing anything interesting for the fans and saved it all for the judges.

I know he isn´t the first to do this but it just bothered me how much I was missing.
  28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

V-M all time made program only on judges side. And this why people, who saw it from the back, miss something. Especially in Mahler and Funny Face
  29. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Mahler for me worked from all angles but I can see that with Funny Face. I never saw it from the back but picturing the program can imagine it was.

It's probably why I find it hard to really judge these programs. I love getting a sneak peek as much as the next person but you really miss a lot when they are shot from the back, even worse from the back corner. But it's probably also a good lesson in not forgetting there are two sides to an arena.;)
  30. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Yeah, I'm loving B/S's FD.
  31. pani

pani Well-Known Member

32. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

33. Jenya

Jenya Well-Known Member

I'll miss Pina (most interesting pairs program in years, if you ask me) but am always happy to see what Steuer, Savchenko, and Szolkowy can come up with. :) Thanks for the update.
    AJ Skatefan and (deleted member) like this.
  34. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

^^ Seems that Pina was very difficult to adapt to the ice in the first place, and apparently the changes they were considering did not work. Maybe they can use Pina again for an exhibition.

In any case, I hope S/S and S will continue pushing the bar choreographically, and come up with something else dramatic, unexpected and perhaps even romantic. :)
  35. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

:( at this. But things might just come around better.

There's a thinker! Oh, they so should!
  36. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

It's just nice to see that some skaters still have artistic integrity. 99% of them would have made the necessary adaptations and if it didn't fit the music or theme, oh well, the points are more important. And this is why S&S rock. :D
    Hanna and (deleted member) like this.
  37. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

If they can get the levels they'll be okay. But that's a big big if.
    Anyway, I love their FD and can't stop watching it. Granted theirs a bad music transition because of TAT, but such improvement already! And this is with Zhulin saying that he is gearing them for Pyongchang. Imagine how amazing they'll be by then.
  38. zotza

zotza Active Member

I love it too. I sense this is the first time they look really dangerous (for other teams).
    If Zhulin aims for Pyongchang and they keep going like that we're going to see great things.
    I even noticed Dmitry for once.And I love the way they used their bodies now.They had it in them but somehow couldn't find it.Maybe they didn't have the right style.:kickass:
  39. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

And it's going to be even better when they even out all the little kinks (like her dropping her blade on her camel and the lift issue).
    I also agree that they need to work on their speed - but I feel like this is a very touchy area because of Bobrova's posture issues. It's gonna be a kickass year for them, but I worry that the judges will slam them as the new Russian #2 (because of their placement at worlds) and the fact that the new program is one that maybe takes more than one view to fully appreciate.
  40. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Well I like the new look .Her hair down was good and they didn't look as heavy with lighter costumes but I found it to be a bit of a snooze fest zzzz to be honest .It was like watching Grushgons :lol:
    I'm disappointed .Like the SD more.
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.