2012 2013 Season programs Thread 2

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by DORISPULASKI, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

oh god...why...

2. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

I thought Takahashi looked great. I think he can skate to anything and look great.

3. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

D/W or USFSA are having a second thought about their FD, AGAIN. Two seasons in a row. I'm not sure if it's a good sign or not.

4. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Why are you saying that? We don't even know if that's true. Probaly they're delaying the music announcement for completely different reasons. In the 2008/2009 season people got to know about their FD only at Skate America (or shortly before it), and that wasn't because they had changed the program (apparently they hadn't). As for that Sinatra rumour - well, probably it was just a rumour indeed. That means nothing. Anyway, we will find out at some point. No need to make such declarations in the official programs thread until then.

5. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

I hope this is the case. I'd like to see them do something a little more dramatic this year than a Sinatra medley. Sinatra of course can be a little darker (It Was A Very Good Year/One for my Baby), but usually a Sinatra medley would indicate something more swing and bouncy.

6. t.mann

t.mann New Member

I don't see anything creative in this program.
    Rivals&their fans will be pleased. :EVILLE:
    Dai deserves better program.

7. PinkFeathers

PinkFeathers Active Member

The Sinatra bit was taken out before Champs Camp, fwiw. It was posted either in the previous thread, or the D/W uber thread in the trashcan.

8. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

IIRC, Sinatra Medley had been officially listed in D/W's IN profile page for a while.

9. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

The Sinatra medley was removed from D&W's ice network profile well before champs camp. And even before that we had information on FSU that, while they had considered using the Sinatra Medley, it was an idea that they had discarded and that their FD was something else.

10. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

I love Dai's new SP....sassy, sexy...'To Dai For'!

Count me among the D/W fans prayin' that Sinatra has been dumped.

11. seabm7

seabm7 Active Member

I think Takahashi's new SP is not so bad. After a series of serious music, He can be relaxed once in a while.

12. lauravvv

See below (what Theatregirl1122 wrote):

13. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I think we can breathe a sigh of relief that it has!

14. lauravvv

I know that Gilles/Poirier FD was posted some time ago, but we can see it better here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYNYbLcp3SA&feature=related . Also, their music is a bit similar to what Zlobina/Sitnikov has. I like the lifts. But the dress is totally wrong for this dance, and doesn't even look that good on her. I hope they get something in different style. Anyway, it will be interesting to see them at international competitions for the first time.

15. jobelle

jobelle Member

Wow, okay so this is the first time I've actually watched Gilles/Poirer's program. They are using music by Beirut? How did I miss that? I've been wanting an ice dance team to try Beirut for years!

16. sbanet

sbanet Well-Known Member

Love it! :cool:, the program and the Gilles+Poirer icedance pairing. It looks like it's starting to come together for them.

Perhaps I've been watching too many vintage skating clips lately, but Gilles also bringing some 1960s/70s pair skating voids to icedance. :inavoid:

17. lauravvv

I didn't know it was Beirut. Thank you for informing.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Schultheiss music selections for both SP and FS scream VOIDY! :cheer:

19. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link for the Gilles/Poirier FD! Loved it...I'm very impressed with their unison, it looks improved. The lifts are interesting and the music is, too. Excited to see this in international competition. I really love their look together.

20. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

21. martyross

martyross Active Member

22. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

23. shah

shah Shhh...

Morozov seriously should consider buying some new CDs - he used Broken Sorrow for Ando's sp in the 2010/11 season (before she scraped it and used The Mission instead :)). at least it's not another Charlie Chaplin, as was announced before!

24. schiele_

schiele_ New Member

Im really unhappy about this season turning into a butcher-fest of all the original music by some of my all time fav programmes, such as Lambiel's Poeta LP and Voir's Farrucas Flamenco OD..
    I dont want Amodio destroying Farrucas with a voidy Morozov hip shaking fist pumping crap..

25. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

I have to say that when i first saw the Souls number i didnt care for it. After the first competition, i LOVED it and watch it over and over. I am hoping this will be the same with this but i doubt it. fingers crossed but outlook looks bleak.

26. babayaga

babayaga Active Member

27. dots

dots Well-Known Member

28. aemeraldrainc

aemeraldrainc Active Member

Can't wait for this!! I wonder what competitions he'll be at.

29. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Two competitions (in Uppsala, Sweden & Finlandia Trophy) are listed in the link to his site above.

See the latest Russian news Autumn 2012 thread for links to competition and test skate videos.

30. martyross

martyross Active Member

isn't mid-September a little early to say this?