2012 2013 Season programs Thread 2

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by DORISPULASKI, Sep 7, 2012.

1. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

...So should we start calling Morozov Whoppy now? :rofl:

2. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

3. shan

shan Well-Known Member

What are the other 2??

I hope you're right. The OP said "The Ghost" (musical soundtrack), but when you search for that on google, it comes up Ghost the Musical. I like the music you linked to, but what about a dance beat?

4. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

You guys must not attend many club competitions if you haven't heard the HP soundtrack used for a skating program before.

5. babayaga

babayaga Active Member

Are such programs really common on a local level? That's great :) I am dying to see one. Do you know by any chance if there are any videos on youtube?

6. burntBREAD

burntBREAD Active Member

Bebe Liang (again, I posted about her in the New World Symphony thread) skated to Harry Potter a while ago for her SP, it was very good.

AJ Skatefan and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Too common. And I am not going to encourage them either. :slinkaway Same as pirates.

8. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

I loved that program!

9. babayaga

babayaga Active Member

Thank you so much :)

10. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

The Ghost movie(Swayze and Moore starring), the musical, and the Ghost Writer now if I'm not mistaken.

11. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

I saw it listed on another Russian site as The Ghost (OST), not musical soundtrack... but you're right about the film score needing a dance beat.

Ghost was an OK musical, it ran for nearly 2 years here in the UK, and there's a lot more than just Unchained Melody; the overture is really pretty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Htwv19kYa8 and I like this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRtReMimbOs but I still think the Alexandre Desplat music would be a more interesting choice. Still at least we'll find out what they're using in a week and a bit at Coupe de Nice.

12. martyross

martyross Active Member

do you have a link? I would appreciated it very much :)
    Yes, i see Akiko skating to Harry Potter, or even Gracie Gold (doesn't she look like one of Hogwarts students? :)) I wish i could see those HP programs from local competitions!
    Btw, Jeremy Abbott had a track from Desplat in one of his FS's, and he really did it justice! this kind of music is deep but so soft at the same time, it mustn't be easy to skate to.

13. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

I had a free program to the Harry Potter soundtrack when I was still skating :lol:

14. burntBREAD

burntBREAD Active Member

It was on YouTube, but since then it has been taken off. :( It's her 2005 Nationals SP, if anyone has it!

15. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Poulin & Servant skate their FD to Desplat this year. (Fantastic Mr. Fox soundtrack)

16. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

I looked for it last night but it wasn't there. I was surprised. It was one of her best performances, IMO. Charming.

17. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

CatherineC deserves credit for posting a link to the Shibutanis' updated ISU bio that now lists their previously unrevealed Short Dance music:

18. poths

poths Well-Known Member

Weaver and Poje's FD almost makes me want to Watch this sport again. Awesome stuff.

Shame Berton and Hotarek have regressed...boo

Hanyu is looking like a threat for Gold in Sochi.

Sotnikova's free music is offensive to whailing dogs.

Still feel like Korobeynikova has more talent than any lady on the scene these days, but VVs program's are painfully dull. Go to TT.

US ladies are horrendous and if Gracie Gold aka Tonia Kwiotkowski the 2nd is supposed to be their next big thing, shoot me now. Any chance Cohen wants to come back?

COP still making 90% of programs un watchable.

19. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

poths is back :cheer:

(BTW I agree about Hanyu and Sotnikova)

20. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Bitch please, it's pre-CoP programs that are unwatchable. :lynch:

21. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  22. casken

casken Well-Known Member

edit: I'll take my disgust to the Russian skating thread were this is being discussed.

23. Domshabfan

Domshabfan Searching for Cizeron's Instagram

Thank god you changed the post where you called their SD a Bollywood dance..

24. casken

casken Well-Known Member

Yes, thank god. Thank god, indeed.

25. Domshabfan

Domshabfan Searching for Cizeron's Instagram

You were very happy to slander their dance as Bollywood, without even doing any research. RThe purpose was just to criticise their dance, no matter what.

26. casken

casken Well-Known Member

So Morozov chose the next closest thing so people can say he wasn't copying. Congrats on that, I guess.

The actual program isn't good no matter what the origin is, which was 99% of my post.

27. equatorial

equatorial Well-Known Member

You do realize that it's a show with show lighting and that Ilinykh had a shoulder injury recently? Would anyone in their right mind skate both a complete SD and a complete FD almost (?) back to back?

28. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

Sorry, I may have missed something here, but copying what?

29. sk8ingcoach

sk8ingcoach Active Member

Just had a friend in Oberstdorf that says that Carolina kostner was skating to Bolero to what he thought was a short program. He mentioned that the step sequence is amazing

30. npavel

npavel Well-Known Member

Carolina has revealed the music choices of her programs for the 2012/2013 season! She will be skating to:
    SHORT PROGRAM : A TRANSYLVANIAN LULLABY & THE DEVIL'S TRILL
    "A Transylvanian Lullaby" from "Young Frankenstein" - Composer: John Morris - Artist: Gil Shaham & Jonathan Feldman
    & "The Devil's Trill"-Composer: Tartini - Artist: Angele Dubeau & La Pieta

LONG PROGRAM : BOLERO - Composer: M. Ravel -
    Conductor: Andre Previn & London Symphony Orchestra