2012-13 U.S. JGP Assignment Predictions/Speculation/Discussion

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Sylvia, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

2. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I they don't have too many girls this year but next year Medveedeva, Sahanovich, Ogoreltseva, Kayoumova are all eligible, and they are quite strong, if not adelina/Julia etc level. All have 3+3 or 2a+3t

3. feraina

feraina Active Member

Oh, right. I forgot about Cesario. I'm guessing JGP #7 will be Cesario & Keiser, unless Keiser bombs (but she's been skating well in summer comps).

4. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Well yeah. If Wang the bronze medalist gets a second assignment, I guess it's only fair that Cesario, also a bronze medalist, gets a second assignment. UNLESS Keiser and Jiang get gold and silver at JGP #4 in which case they both get to go to the final JGP and Cesario stays home.

5. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

:lol: That's wishful thinking! Sahanovitch....Medvedeva...Ogoreltseva...
    Actually I think this year is relatively weaker, having there 'only' Radionova (the rest is a bit weaker). Next year will be much stronger, I think.

ETA: Ups, just noticed Oleada's post. Same names!

6. Stephanie

Stephanie Well-Known Member

The entries on the ISU site were updated today with the roster originally posted on the USFS site (Wang, Miller, Choate, etc.), so I think the deletion must just have been an error.

7. Sylvia

Calalang/Sidhu are going to Croatia now in place of Denney/Frazier who were originally listed with Aaron/Settlage and Zaitsev/Stevens. That's the only change.

8. skaters

skaters New Member

So will Denney/Frazier go to Germany with Simpson/Blackmer?

9. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Wang and Cesario have not been confirmed for second assignments yet, but I'm fairly certain they will and USFS is just waiting for the results of JGP #4 to be finalized before confirming them. And Cesario would be ahead of Wang to get confirmed anyways where her total score was around 8 points higher. Nina winning silver would mean making up for like 10 points so I don't see that happening. I wish if Leah doesn't medal though, that they'd just send Mariah and Polina, along with Angela and Samantha, to fill the last 4 spots so they could at least be considered for JW this season. I fear Barbie won't be given a 2nd event regardless of results because I agree they will probably finalize assignments before then. I guess if they aren't going to send Polina and Mariah though, and Leah doesn't medal, the question becomes who would they send to fill the last 2 spots? Lam and Keiser if she's 4th? Wait for the Croatia results to come in and send Long?

10. Sylvia

AFAIK, both Angela Wang and Hannah Miller already are confirmed for Croatia - see this news article on Miller which says that "on Monday evening [9/17], she found out that out she had been invited to another Junior Grand Prix in Zagreb, Croatia October 3-7, 2012": http://www.fox47news.com/news/topstories/170374926.html

Like others have mentioned, I think it's safe to assume that there really is just one U.S. ladies' spot left since Cesario is most likely slotted into Germany already.

ETA:
    It currently looks that way and I think Pfund/Reiss may be the 3rd U.S. pair.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  11. n*ice mom

n*ice mom New Member

I think some of the JGP competitors will not be able to compete at regionals because there will be a direct conflict between Regionals and their JGP. For example, I doubt Cesario would have to do North Atlantics Senior Ladies on Oct 8 & 9th, if she is assigned either JGP 6 or 7.

12. Sylvia

Yes, I mentioned in the U.S. Regionals thread in Kiss and Cry that "if Samantha Cesario is assigned to JGP Germany, that should give her a bye [through NA] to Easterns." JGP Croatia also should give a bye through Regionals for both Hannah Miller (EGL) and Harrison Choate (NE).

13. Stephanie

Stephanie Well-Known Member

The ISU site updated the Chemnitz entries today and there were a few changes on the US side:

-Cesario has replaced Hannah Miller (who was shifted to Croatia)
    -There's only one dance entry (down from two), with Hawayek/Baker there provisionally
    -There are only two pairs: Pfund/Reiss and Simpson/Blackmer. Denney/Frazier aren't even listed as subs. I wonder if one of them is injured?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  14. Sylvia

That could be why D/F were replaced by Calalang/Sidhu in Croatia. If that's the case, I hope it's not too serious an injury.

15. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

Looks like Leah is getting that last JGP spot.

16. Sylvia

Here are the Total & FS scores for the 5 U.S. ladies' JGP medalists so far:
    158.52 Hannah Miller (103.05 FS) JGP Austria Silver
    157.72 Samantha Cesario (103.34 FS) JGP Austria Bronze
    156.33 Leah Keiser (105.63 FS) JGP Turkey Gold
    153.77 Courtney Hicks (102.41 FS) JGP Lake Placid Silver
    150.40 Angela Wang (105.69 FS) JGP Lake Placid Bronze

17. demetriosj

demetriosj Well-Known Member

any jump details for Leah Keiser's LP in Turkey?

18. Sylvia

Here's what I posted in the JGP Istanbul, Turkey thread in Kiss and Cry:
    "Keiser's 7 triple jumps were called 3Lz+3T<, 2A+3T, 3Lo, 3Lz, 2A+2T+2Lo, 3F(e), 3S< (she tried to catch her foot in a back spiral before the takeoff but couldn't)."

19. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

^ Her LP is on youtube... Anyways, I thought the technical panel here was really harsh on < calls.

20. feraina

feraina Active Member

They are all really close in total points! Is JGPF only six entries now? Then it will probably be Elena Radionova, Satoko Miyahara, Leah Keiser, Courtney Hicks (who has an easy 2nd assignment), Hannah Miller, and Samantha Cesario (who doesn't have much competition for one of the top two, together with Leah Keiser). I'm assuming Hannah Miller places higher than Angela Wang, as Hannah has been super consistent this season. But I guess it's possible that Angela Wang could win, and Hannah could place 2nd, in which case they'd both be in and squeeze out Samantha Cesario, which would be too bad... as Samantha skated/scored very well and was unfortunate to only get bronze. There's also Rika Hongo, who got a silver already. The other medalists don't look like much of a threat for JGPF (Titushkina with 3rd and 5th, So Youn Park with 2nd and 6th). So at least three US ladies in the JGPF, possibly four. Not bad. :) I'd say they are in good shape to win a medal or two as well (though Radionova probably has a lock on the gold).

21. Sylvia

^^^ feraina, I've copied your post above and re-posted it in the JGP Final Qualification thread in Kiss and Cry:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3692416#post3692416

I think Shotaro Omori's 4th place in Istanbul, first 3A landed in international competition (out of 3 attempts), and total score (166.09) is worthy of a 2nd assignment to Chemnitz, Germany. Harrison Choate received a 2nd assignment after placing 4th in Courchevel (169.70).

Who should the 2nd U.S. man be?

Jay Yostanto (165.74), 6th in Linz, Austria and landed 1 of his 3 3A attempts (this is his last season of ISU Junior age eligibility)
    Lukas Kaugars - 1st JGP (debut) this coming week in Bled, Slovenia (too late to wait for his result?)
    Spencer Howe - WD from Lake Placid JGP (if he's recovered from his injury)
    Troy Tomasello - if he has fulfilled his competition readiness requirements (this is his last season of ISU Junior age eligibility since he turned 18 in May)
    Jordan Moeller - did not qualify for 2012 Nationals but has had good summer competition results and was a late addition to the ISP

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  22. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

I think Jordan should go as well as Spencer. While Shotaro did do very well, I think it's better to send out more skaters to give them an opportunity to post a minimum score. Shotaro already got his, and he won't make the JGPF anyways so... If one of these skaters were to beat out Nathan to the national championship, they should have the chance to compete at junior worlds. Just my opinion.

23. jlai

jlai Title-less

I vote for Jordan

24. toddlj

toddlj Well-Known Member

http://www.isuresults.com/results/jgpslo2012/SEG003.HTM

After the SP in Slovenia, Barbie Long is in 2nd behind Hae Jin Kim (KOR).

If Barbie holds on to get the gold or silver... do you think she will bump Cesario or Wang from a second assignment? (The USFSA has not formally announced the last two JGPs.)

I'm guessing they won't bump Cesario or Wang... but it will be interesting to see.

25. Sylvia

No, I believe the U.S. ladies' Croatia and Germany assignments are set now.

26. toddlj

toddlj Well-Known Member

I'm sure you're right. They should really update the USFSA site so that overeager people like me don't speculate! :lol:

27. demetriosj

demetriosj Well-Known Member

Barbie Long in 2nd, another Junior with triple lutz-triple toe!!

28. MoreIce

MoreIce Member

Really Impressed with Barbie Long's presentation improvments. I thought everthing looked much better then last years nationals!

29. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

I thought Barbie's jumps looked higher as well. Great improvements from her!

30. 2sk8

2sk8 Active Member

...and in the absence of an official post, they are? ...and the final entries for the other disciplines are.... ;)

ETA: CROATIA :
    Ladies - Miller, Wang; Men - Chen, Choate; Pairs - Aaron/Settlage, Calalang/Sidhu, Zaitsev/Stevens; Parson/Parsons

Any thoughts on whether Choate should have gotten a second assignment versus sending on of the remaining guys in the ISP out? Glad to see Divette & Utah with an assignment; would not have sent Calalang/Sidhu for 2nd assignment - JMO.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012