2012-13 Program Music & Choreographer news/info

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

Joshua Farris is keeping his Rachimanoff long program :swoon::swoon: but getting a new short. No details on music for that one.

a;'erlfnb;alerbae;lbna;erlknjb a he replied to my tweet. And he said thank you. And put a cute little smiley. I am so officially his fangirl now.

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Source is Joshua Farris' Twitter ( @joshDfarris ) ;):

3. misskarne

When I saw he answered me, I squealed. Then I read the answer. And squealed again.

4. missysays

missysays Active Member

I've always liked his choreography. I'm excited to see what he'll come up with for Adam. I'd love it if Michael Seibert had a chance to choreograph for an ice dance team since that's his own genre.

I haven't heard any news about Seibert in a long time. Anyone know what he's been up to?

5. TwizzlerS

TwizzlerS Well-Known Member

I googled him and came up with several Michael Seiberts: a German canoer, a voice-over artist, and a convicted killer. Not much on Michael Seibert, the figure skater.

6. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Haha, good to hear. The FS was a good vehicle for him and I'm looking forward to see what he can do with it with another season of mileage. Though I will miss that lovely SP of his! Any news regarding senior GP vs. JGP? I'm really curious as to what he and Jason will decide! If they are aiming for 2014, I would assume they'd be moving up, but you never know, especially with the rule changes and all.

7. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Michael Seibert & Judy Blumberg ice dancers.

should be your search (about 33,000 hits)

People have trouble spelling Michael's name (i before e...NOT in this case)

He also did choreo for Battle of the Blades
    http://www.cbc.ca/battle/choreographers.html

8. Sylvia

FYI, there are article and video links posted in the Michael Seibert thread started in the Trash Can: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83667

I don't think so.

Jonathan Cassar ( @Jonnaye05 ) tweeted on May 13:
    It sounds like he is going to work with David Wilson again. In late March, Wilson choreographed a Senior FS to Samuel Barber's "Cello Concerto in A minor" for Timothy Koleto (6th in Junior Men at 2012 US Nationals), as reported in Sarah and Drew's Inside Edge blog dated 4/11/12.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  9. misskarne

I wasn't game enough to ask about JGP/GP after he replied to the first one! :lol: I've asked him (today, so that I don't look like a creepy stalker :D) about the SP music but I figure there's no point asking about the GP assignments since they come out on Monday anyway.

10. missysays

missysays Active Member

Found this icenetwork article on Michael Seibert (http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111101&content_id=25856874&vkey=ice_news) that provides the answer to my question...

I hope working with Adam will lead him back into more choreography for competitive skaters. :D Blumberg and Seibert was one of my favorite ice dance teams back in the day.

Also, this one about starting his interior design career (http://www.interiordesign.net/article/481246-The_Desert_Blooms.php#).

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  11. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Johnathan and David, why do I instantly get the feeling that the program is gonna be very authentic with sensuality? XD

12. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Adam Rippon tweeted:

Seibert designed costumes earlier in his career, including for him and Blumberg. There was a fluff piece about it during one of his competitions, I think on ABC.

13. reut

reut Active Member

14. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Thanks!

One of things I like about Adam is that he keeps trying to find and adventure new style. Whether that style suits him or not does come into question, though:rolleyes:

15. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Lynn Rutherford tweeted:

Which iconic TV character is Adam Rippon going to channel this season? Details @icenetwork story later.​

16. Sylvia

Just posted the new Rippon article link in the US Men's news thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3576612#post3576612
    Relevant FS music excerpt:
    ETA links to the 2 tracks cited in the article:
    "Life's Incredible Again": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij8Js3hyp60
    "Saving Metroville": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJikHkZ55_s

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  17. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

Adam is so not Don Draper :shuffle:

18. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

19. ostile17

ostile17 Well-Known Member

20. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

Daisuke is so cool. I can't think of another skater of his calibre whom consistently seeks out new choreographers, different types of music, and new ways to express himself. EVERY single year. He seems to be an artist who is curious, which the best kinds of artists are. Just what a cool guy.

21. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

ITA
    Although she is a COP ninja, she doesn't really make interesting programs. I wish that Daisuke would go back to Camerlengo. Blues for Klook was probably THE program of the year for me.

skatefan and (deleted member) like this.
  22. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

She does, occasionally. Kostner's Free to "L'apres-midi d'un faune" and both last year's programs were very interesting, musical and innovative. Personally, I do not see Takahashi capable of generic programs at this point of his career, so I believe Lori will stretch her creative muscle and come up with something interesting. Or Takahashi will change it.

23. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

Noooooo! Anyone but Nichol Daisuke!! Arghfmfpdmk.

They better be Carolina-calibre.

24. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Jeremy?? He's totally been into doing different stuff every year. I like that in a skater. (Well, unless said skater just doesn't have the chops to pull off the programs, which Jeremy pretty much always does.)

25. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

At least it's not an Olympic year.

26. Sylvia

According to this blurb published on May 23 in L'Equipe, Brian Joubert's FS will be music from the Inception soundtrack, choreographed by Denkova and Staviski: http://maisondejoubert.livejournal.com/87782.html

Marissa Castelli (she and Simon Shnapir just returned from a choreography trip to Montreal last week) tweeted that they have a "tango" free skate.

27. YukiNieve

YukiNieve Active Member

28. YukiNieve

YukiNieve Active Member

wrong thread

29. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!!!!!! :fragile:

Although yes her work for Kostner has been good, so hopefully it's gonna be of this calibre.

Daisuke has incredible cat-like, movements. He's the perfect dancer. And he better be given something that makes use of that and not some empty snoozefest!

30. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

Adam's choices sound interesting. I really wish more skaters would take a look at Michael Giacchino's music. I've been a fan of his stuff for a long time. :swoon:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.