2012-13 Program Music & Choreographer news/info

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PinkFeathers

PinkFeathers Active Member

Noooooooooooooo Nessun Dorma. Why. What did we ever do to deserve that? :wuzrobbed

:yikes:

2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

3. ana

ana New Member

Great choice for David/White and Adam Rippon.:)

4. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

Me too. I think the tone of of D/W freedance will be too much like last year (although that seems like the powers-at-be want). I'd love for them to do Giselle as their freedance, but with using the mad scene and the grand pas de deux.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Awful, predictable music choices from Davis/White. Exactly what you could expect from Zueva. :rolleyes:

Their FD has been announced ages ago and it's "Rumour Has It" and "Turning Tables" by Adele.

6. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

No, that's Lynn Kriengkrairut/Logan Giulietti-Schmitt's FD music.

Narumi Takahashi/Mervin skated their "Ain't No Sunshine" SP (version performed by violinist David Garrett I believe?), choreographed by Julie Marcotte, in competition at the Quebec Summer Championships today: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24607213

ETA: Video links for Moore-Towers/Moscovitch's SP & FS and Duhamel/Radford's SP are posted in the "Canadian Pairs 2012" thread in the Trash Can.

Lysacek's updated Team USA bio includes his program music: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/detail.jsp?id=100081&mode=I

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  7. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Does Julie Marcotte know anything other than classical versions of pop songs?

8. avivadawn

avivadawn Well-Known Member

I can also hum the entire score and if it's the part where Giselle's theme is played during her mad scene in a polka-time....then I think that it would work.

9. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

^Thanks Sylvia. Very, very nice!

10. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Ahhhh thanks. For some reason I was convinced it was H/D's FD. :duh:

A tango is going to work great for them, given they seem to be all about THE SEX. ;)

Yes.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  11. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

12. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

No Evan! NO!!! Don't you DARE touch Poeta :mad: get your own freakin music and leave this masterpiece to the Master. How dare you!!!

:drama:

13. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Do you mean this one?:
    http://muzetunes.com/playback.mp3?f=I&c=TUMpc9tCPCkkaM0FdKLeMwTzaTvArIxi0_JkaHcuMbU=

This march could work for an alternate rhythm:
    http://muzetunes.com/playback.mp3?f=I&c=TUMpc9tCPCkkaM0FdKLeM5xatgZuvHR7IGh6iUdNBQw=

Also the gallop:
    http://muzetunes.com/playback.mp3?f=I&c=XCpNbR_kMuZGhfjREh16-wTzaTvArIxi0_JkaHcuMbU=

It's such a dancey score:
    http://muzetunes.com/playback.mp3?f=I&c=XCpNbR_kMuZGhfjREh16-yoH81b2PRPV0l0NaWbYj_A=

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adam-Giselle-Adolphe/dp/B00002423S
    Act 2, No. 14
    Grand pas de deux (Andantino)
    Grand pas de deux (Valse)

The score for "Giselle" is almost always played too slowly as a big symphonic piece, often to accommodate big effect changes to the choreography. The tempi for almost all recordings would have to be adjusted.

14. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

Copying what I just posted in the D/W thread since it concerns music - I've heard from an extremely reliable source that Meryl and Charlie are not skating to Sinatra. There was an egregious miscommunication. They considered it as an option but quickly dismissed it in favor of a piece they've wanted to do forever. I'm sure we'll hear all about it during Champs Camp!

15. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

So my theory that USFSA leaked this to gather negative feedback to show them is still a possibility ;) Maybe we´ll finally see La Strada :lol:

16. galaxygirl

galaxygirl Ma name's Beckeh

There is a ceiling cat! :cheer2:

17. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

Not if they abandoned it early in the process in favor of something else. Champs camp is pretty close. Plus, guessing that USFSA would object to a Sinatra FD is really giving them too much credit, I think. :lol:

18. casken

casken Well-Known Member

A flamenco FD is going to terrible choice for them if they don't improve their stamina and sharpness. Last years FD became really sluggish by the halfway point, and something as sharp as a flamenco is only going to make it seem worse.

19. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Maybe it was USFS that told the press that Shpilband was dumped at the request of D/W and the Shibs, too...

20. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Well, IN is pretty much a USFS subsidiary...

21. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

THANK GOD FOR THAT! -

What a relief - and I can only hope it's true. One of the few American teams with a real potential for the dramatic - doing ballroom 2 seasons in a row - I need to sit down - Im feeling ill.

22. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, girl. :respec::respec:

A :kickass::kickass: suggestion. I'd go all the way to Sendai to see them live if they were doing this.

23. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Deleted accidental double post

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  24. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

TanithandBenFan said
    I just think it's odd if that were the case why did such a precise song list get handed into Icenetwork? Sylvia (and I get the impression she has her connections and knows of what she speaks) said here:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3655230&postcount=709
    Btw...they objected to Amelie and La Strada. If they didn´t like those I can totally see them not liking Strangers in the Night and the other song (Cheek to Cheek is fine but even then they might feel the whole vibe is too similar to things the Shibs and V&M did)

if your point is that sometimes the press gets it wrong fine but in light of what Sylvia wrote AND the fact they had a songlist (not just a general "Sinatra" for description) I don't see the similarity between the two situations.

At any rate we should know what they are skating to in a few short weeks. I´m still believing the Carmen rumour (unless that gets pulled due to C&L which is my main hesitation with this choice). I´m MOST excited to actually hear the Shibs music choice. Will Marina surpise us with this one!?

25. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Gabriella Papadakis &Guillame Cizeron FRA
    SD Blues, Swing
    FD Pink Floyd medley

26. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

Maybe the Sinatra medley is their exhibition and someone at IN mistakenly listed it for their free dance?

27. martyross

martyross Active Member

28. Andrey aka Pushkin

Andrey aka Pushkin Brezina's Nemesis

I don't like the "wanted to do forever" part.
    Last time it was said, we ended up with "Phantom" :scream:

29. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

Exactly. :yikes:

Or was Phantom the "we listened to hundreds of CDs and ended up with PotO"... still, scary. :scream:

30. Andrey aka Pushkin

Andrey aka Pushkin Brezina's Nemesis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.