2012-13 Program Music & Choreographer news/info

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seabm7

seabm7 Active Member

Lambiel had an eye problem, so he had to cancel ice shows and stay at home for a while. I guess his choreographing work also had to be rescheduled to later dates.

Now he's recovered and can work again.

2. vodkashot

vodkashot Active Member

Comparing the content and artistry of Takahashi's programs with Plushenko's is just....ludicrous. :eek:

Takahashi's SP this season alone probably has more choreography than any of Plush's programs ever, plus zero sexy dance moves and OTT facial expressions.

3. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Ice dancers Nelli Zhiganshina/Alexander Gazsi went to Moscow twice to work with Ilia Averbukh but now are back in Oberstdorf. The new free dance has a “Zombie” theme and promises to be a lot of fun, according to the skaters. They also found an unusual Polka and Waltz for the short dance.

Cant wait to see this FD :)

Plushenko started working with new choreographer Kenji Miyamoto, a former Japanese ice dancer, on June 21 on a new long program to “Romeo and Juliet” by Nino Rota, using a different arrangement, but not the one Edvin Marton created for Tatiana Totmianina/Maxim Marinin. Choreographer Tom Dickson worked with Mishin’s other students including Tuktamisheva on skating skills. Artur Gachinski arrived a day later as he had his final exams at school.

http://www.figureskating-online.com/summertraining.html

4. reut

reut Active Member

From latest IFS: Michal Březina will have new SP choreographed by Camerlengo and he will keep his LP for one more season.

5. carriemarie

carriemarie New Member

Agreed!

6. Autumn_girl

Autumn_girl Active Member

Elizaveta Tuktamisheva:
    SP
    : still undecided, probably "The story of love"
    LP: Dark eyes

7. misskarne

misskarne #408

You mean Chan HAS choreo?! :eek: I thought he just did as many movements as possible while random music he had absolutely no connection to whatsoever played in the background!

I'd rather watch skaters who at least attempt to connect to the music than a skater who just packs in as many transitions/elements as possible while skating with all the feeling of a cold fish...

Ooooooooooh, this is sounding better all the time! :D

Hope Artur's exams went well. From what I've heard about his written Russian...well, I hope he passes, anyway. :lol:

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

"The Eye" SP he did for Takahashi is my favourite Daisuke program. Both step sequences, especially the second one where he does that big "drunken" leap into it and then goes totally crazy nuts prove that you can both get levels and entertain. :)

Miyamoto used to compete in Ice Dance (trained with Zazoui & Hagenauer) and would always finish more or less dead last but he was always super voidy both on the ice and in the K&C. :)

I am not surprised he turned out to be an uber voidy, creative choreographer.

I really hope that more international skaters start to work with him now. :)

Two seasons ago, Zhiganshina/Gazsi showed really fun and creative programs and shot up the ranks.

Last season Staviski gave them really disappointing (in comparison) mediocre routines and they stagnated. I was very surprised by that, I expected Maxim to be much more creative. I guess sometimes even with a lot of good will things just don't work out for whatever reason.

Oh come on...

She needs to develop her own style now and not skate to generic, everybody-and-their-mother-skated-to-it skating muzak. :/

Those new programs sound extremely promising (at least on paper) and I hope that they get them right back on track. :)

Chan does move to the beat the vast majority of the time, which can't be said for many other skaters.

9. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

She is also getting 2 new programs choreographed by Tom Dickson in Pinzolo, Italy, and will choose which ones to use later, according to this new article: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3609066#post3609066

10. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Well that's a very nice compliment to Plush, but I would never call what Dai does just mugging; his programs are like one long footwork sequence. Chan has more variety in his choreo in terms of doing more lunges and leaps, but I will take Dai's musicality any day.

11. luCN

luCN New Member

oh~Plushenko use Dai's choreographer,then he think Dai's the best

Dai said before he contact Lori,and still have possibility to work with her,then Dai think Chan is the best???╮(╯_╰)╭

and he come back to Morozov,he think Amodio is the best??o(╯□╰)o

you can't say these kind of things IMO

12. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Cross-posting this here in case anyone missed seeing it in the Japanese news thread:

13. inskate

inskate Active Member

Before anybody gets too excited, Mao's actual programs are still done by Lori and TAT (and were choreographed before Mao went to Hungary to work with Zoltan).
    Here's Mao's blog entry about her work with Lori & Tat (with cute photos featuring Mao & Lori wearing flower wreaths ade by them and TAT hugging Mao):
    http://maimao-asada.com/mao/private/2012/06/29/424/

As for Mao's work with Zoltan:
    (According to Google translate & other online translators :eek:, the original interview linked by Sylvia. The final part of the interview left out due to online translators not making any sense at all :eek:)

sbanet and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Oh so she's doing off-ice training and dance/ballet training with him. That makes more sense. :)

:respec:

15. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

That "Untouchables"/Deadmau5 mish-mash? :yikes: If he insists on keeping that monstrosity, I hope to hell he at least gets a less obnoxious costume.

16. sbanet

sbanet Well-Known Member

Oh that was a Hungarian way of stating a request wrapped inside an invitation, that is posed as a question. ;)

something like this (stuff in parenthesis is mine):

Shall we see you in our country again, and will lovers of figure skating also have the opportunity to admire you on the ice?

- That would depend on you... Later on I do plan to return to Budapest. If there are good (appropriate) competitions (or events?), then I would surely take to the ice if invited (to participate).

kwanfan1818 and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Is Zoltan Nagy the choreographer who worked with Kimmie in Baltimore after 2009?

18. inskate

inskate Active Member

19. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

20. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

sorry, if already been posted, but has Flatt announced anything about her programs?

21. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

I was thinking the same thing. I just dont get it. That program is so flat to me and Brezina does not even try and bring life to it. So far, his Kodo short program is my fav by him. The free skates that Pasquale does sometimes are not as choreography laden as i would like to see. This would be an example. The character in and of itself needs great performance skills in order to pull off...

22. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

23. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Ugh, I hated the Moulin Rouge program Krylova & Camerlango did for W&P.

24. casken

casken Well-Known Member

I thought the SD theme was polka/march/waltz next season? Is there music in Moulin Rouge for that?

25. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

;)They're teasing us , I think.... It says their theme is "Paris ,Paris" ,with a heart in the middle...They just happen to post an old print of THE Moulin Rouge..Maybe Can Can ? ( made famous at the Moulin Rouge ) or any French music of the era ? or maybe any music particularly inspired by Paris , and they used the MR shot just because it's a famous old Paris attraction ?

Apache ? ( Nathalie could keep her page boy and fabian would look fine in the ubiquitous striped T-shirt. )

Rascals.

26. sk8ingcoach

sk8ingcoach Active Member

I just wanna know what Carolina is doing.... The suspense is killing me

27. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I thought about Can Can too.

28. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Well, The Infernal Galop from Orpheus in the Underworld (Offenbach) is in 2/4 time, so it could be used (music most associated with the CanCan)

29. misskarne

misskarne #408

This was posted over in the Russia thread:

Artur Gachinski's new LP (I'm not certain about the music?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smhumcONIm4

Bear in mind that he only finished learning the choreo for it that day, apparently. I think it's a little slow, but it might get faster as he becomes more comfortable with the program.

30. ainouta

ainouta Well-Known Member

Oh, it's the same muzak version of OneRepublic's "Secrets" that Davis/Ladwig is using for their SP.

I really did NOT see this one coming...the music alone is enough to throw out any possible Plush comparisons IMO. It seems a little empty right now, but I'm kind of excited to see him go in something that I would go in a not-typical-Russian-at-all direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.