2012-13 ISU Grand Prix Assignments

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JanetB

JanetB Well-Known Member

Just my opinion but I think skate Canada may have traded their spare pairs spot (Daria POPOVA / Bruno MASSOT) to France for France's spare Ladies spot. Skate Canada may be waiting till after Skate Canada International to determine which of Kaetlyn Osmond or Amelie Lacoste will get the spot.

2. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Didn't Amelie already get Cup of China though?

3. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Yes.

Czisny made each TES minimum for Worlds more than once last season, so she's set score-wise for 4C's and/or Worlds. (She was 8 on last Season's SB list -- her PCS aren't that good that she'd miss the TES minimum ;))

4. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Do Donlan/Speroff or Zhang/Bartholomay have any chance at all of securing a GP spot as alternates for whomever may pull out? Who else is there who has met the GP minimums?

5. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

No.

6. change of edge

change of edge New Member

TEB spot went to Joshi Helgesson. I am really starting to think that Mirai might have turned down an additional assignment? She keeps getting passed up!

7. worldsnice12

worldsnice12 Member

Why in the earth would she turn down a second assignment??Is TEB too close to COC?

8. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

I'm happy for Helgesson. Last year she was top 24 WS but not SB and she was bypassed, while Majorov was the same, but got a second early.

9. toddlj

toddlj Livestreams at 1am on Thanksgiving weekend? OK!

Imagine the response on this board when the next open assignment goes to Rachael Flatt.

10. icellist

icellist Member

Please skate gods, give the next assignment to Mirai Nagasu or Kaetlyn Osmond.

11. toddlj

With J. Helgesson now off the list, the 5 considered the next time they need a replacement should be (11) Nagasu, (15) Biryukova, (38) Flatt, (41) Osmond, and (44) Glebova

If for some reason Mirai has withdrawn herself from consideration, then (46) McCorkell would be next.

12. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

There is definitely something wrong this year... I don't ever remember this much drama surrounding grand prix selections for the ladies.

13. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

I lost count - are there any ladies spots still unassigned? The host spot for TEB for instance? Or is that the one Joshi got?

14. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Helgesson got the host spot for TEB. All Ladies' spots are assigned now.

15. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

Now that I think about it, was Biryukova also passed up for Joshi at TEB?

16. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

There are already three Russian Ladies at TEB. Biryukova could only replace one of those.

17. Autumn_girl

Autumn_girl Active Member

There are already 3 Russians at TEB, they couldn't invite Biryukova anyway

18. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

Message from the French Fed to Candice Didier: We know you are still skating and all, but we don't need you anymore. I would have changed my mind had you trained with my ex-wife. 10 years ago, you were the only French lady capable of landing triples, so we sent you to senior competitions when you were not ready. Thanks for showing up at the Masters this week though. Maybe a Holliday on Ice recruiter will be there.
    With death in my soul
    Didier Gaillaiguet

Diane Mars, alilou, jamesy and 5 others like this.
  19. Rochelle

Rochelle Active Member

20. toddlj

Well, as a disgruntled Nagasu fan, I am bracing for the fact that Biryukova will probably get Skate Canada if TukTuk withdraws. Russian/Russian swap makes sense, and Nagasu's assignment in China is probably too close to the Canada dates anyway.

21. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Didn't Mirai do SC/COC back to back last season, or am I misremembering?

It probably will be Biryukova though.

22. b-man

b-man Active Member

Yes, Mirai did CoC last year, one week after doing SC.

23. mag

mag Well-Known Member

As there are only two Canadian women, could SC give the spot to Osmond?

24. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

If that's all that GPs were "supposed" to do, then the host country option wouldn't have been part of the process all along.

25. toddlj

She's already one of the two!

mag and (deleted member) like this.
  26. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

The TEB spot in ice dance for Zahorski/Miart will be up for grab too. France only has 2 senior dance teams at this point.

27. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

What happened with Zahorski/Miart ??? :(:(

28. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

He ended the partnership.

29. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Of course she is .... :rollin: (must remember to think first then type)

30. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Yea its kind of a bummer for Najarro, Charbonneau, Desanctis, et al, but it seems that Skate Canada has decided not to use their 3rd spot for SC, else they'd have done it by now. I guess those 3 didn't impress enough at summer/fall competitions or failed to reach whatever score was needed. In fact, of the four senior B comps they are sending skaters to, only Osmond and Lacoste were assigned to one each. And JGP spots only to Seguin, Chartrand, and Daleman- 2 each. It'll be interesting to see who can grab the 3rd spot for 4CC...and if the bronze medalist (if its not one of the 3 JGP ladies) from Nationals will be sent out beforehand in an attempt to meet the minimum score? Interested to see how this new "put up or shut up" policy by Skate Canada plays out.

Getting myself on a tangent here-so far the highest TES from the JGP for these 3- Daleman and Chartrand have one more event each- all 3 have scored high enough to do junior worlds and 4CC, and so far only Chartrand has scored high enough in the FS to make the World team, but not the SP yet...

Daleman SP- 26.69, FS- 47.32
    Seguin SP- 26.57, FS- 41.78
    Chartrand SP- 24.25, FS- 49.51

ISU European and ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2013 LADIES SP 20,00 FS 36,00
    ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2013 LADIES SP 20,00 FS 35,00
    ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2013 - LADIES SP 28,00 FS 48,00

I'm a bit perplexed as to how SC decides which 2 to send to Jr. Worlds, and will the 3rd go to 4CC? I guess they try send the highest placing 2 to Junior Worlds in an attempt to qualify 2 spots again next year, and the other one goes to 4CC? That's of course assuming that Osmond gets the Worlds spot and doesn't have to bother with Junior Worlds duty- I tend to forget there's only one spot there and that Lacoste *is* the reigning champion- but having 2 chances and finishing 16th both times is a definite impetus to give the one who just beat Sotnikova some nice scores at Nationals assuming she skates well there....

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.