2011 SAG Awards

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by LuckyCharm, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

I don't think the ensemble award is based on how many awards were won by the movie, but rather to how it contributed to the overall picture. I don't really have a list of the criteria, but this is my interpretation of it.

ITA about Natalie. Her babble about her personal life was getting really annoying. It's good she got rid of that.

2. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I'm watching the E! Fashion Police, and Joan is :rofl: I also like Kelly Osbourne as a foil. Loving Kelly more and more each time because she's actually constructive and am surprised by how often I find myself nodding my head along with the advice she's giving.

I could do without the other two, they don't seem to add a lot except to act like they're shocked by Joan. Loved and :eek: this comment about Claire Danes (paraphrased): She's been looking beautiful on every red carpet because she's sitting next to Temple Grandin. Since Temple Grandin's not here, they put her next to Helena Bonham Carter. :rofl:

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  3. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I love Kelly. Wish they'd get rid of Rancid and the other person, and have someone like Tom and Lorenzo, and then we'd be set.

ETA: "If the Glee girls keep this up, I might able to tell them apart" :rofl:
    On Lea Michele: "She's like a young Barbara Streisand that people actually want to f*ck"

Joan, I love you.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  4. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Best dressed:

Rancid picks Mila Kunis, George picks Amber Riley and Kelly picks Lea Michele. Joan calls Rancid & Kelly as crazy as the last hour of Black Swan, and picks Amber Riley.

Worst Dressed:
    Rancid picks Christina Hendricks, George picks Jenna Fischer and Kelly picks Winona Ryder. Joan agrees with Rancid and Christina Hendricks it is.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  5. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

I hate Lea Michele's face... I mean, not her face itself, but the expression she insists on making absolutely every time she is photographed.

6. deltask8er

deltask8er Well-Known Member

By the way, when Joan Rivers made that joke about only two out of the three women who work for Comcast/NBC (Joan, Chelsea Handler, Tina Fey) being funny, is it Fey or Handler she doesn't think is funny?

And whatever happened to Fashion Police's Peter Ishkhans? Although both he and Rivers on the same panel would be a little too :yikes: :argue: . And I certainly don't miss Jay Manuel.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2437233/

http://twitter.com/peter_ishkhans

7. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

It's Handler. Joan's "gone there" before. Plus, she is def. a Fey fangirl.

I :eek: and :rofl: Joan's joke about Hilary Swank --"I love when she softens her look ... it makes us think maybe she doesn't really have a p---s" ......... And then, later, "we've seen her on screen as a boxer, as a man, and [I think I heard -- it was drowned out by one of the others talking] of course, playing a horse." :lol:

deltask8er and (deleted member) like this.
  8. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

The Fighter would have won best ensemble, but Mark Wahlberg's presence dragged them all down into last place.

9. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

I loved Mark Wahlberg in The Fighter. I thought he did very well. So there. :p

10. gingercrush

gingercrush New Member

I was disappointed with SAG Fashion Police. It just seemed missing. There was no talk about the men, no focus on jewellery and little on hair. Three things I like to see. And while Kelly Osbourne does say some good things. I couldn't get pass the awful bright pink lips and those tattoos on her arms.

11. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Good pecs and abs usually have the same affect on me. Usually... ;)

12. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Finally! A reasonable theory as to why I actually thought "Young Guns" was a masterpiece, circa 1989. :lol:

:shuffle: Explains my earlier days love for "Dukes of Hazzard", too, I suppose.

13. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

I don't know if he was the reason they did not win the BE award, but I did feel that his performance was overshadowed by Christian Bale's incredible performance. Melissa Leo was great too, and Amy Adams was a notch above him. Wahlberg did OK, but he just did not impress me that much in this movie.