2011 SAG Awards

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by LuckyCharm, Jan 31, 2011.

1. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

Red carpet's happening. Ceremony stars soon. Anyone watching?

2. a56

a56 New Member

I'd love to watch just to see Colin and Natalie, but I cancelled my cable subscription 3 months ago. :p :drama:

3. LuckyCharm

:wuzrobbed: Hopefully your fellow FSUers will provide you with all the juicy, snarky details you desire.

4. AshleyN

AshleyN Well-Known Member

Mila Kunis looks freaking amazing. I'm in love with that dress.

5. a56

a56 New Member

Thank you in advance. :2faced: Just looking at a photo posted of Jesse Eisenberg - he is so cute.

6. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Hilary Swank's arms are RIPPED. I'd totally have her as my Grecian bodyguard.

7. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I am really happy that Julianne Marguilies and The Good Wife got some love.

8. TalentedButHumble

TalentedButHumble Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the show regularly but it seems like Dexter's coworkers must be the worst cops in the world.

Meh, hurry up and show Tina Fey & Amy Poehler. I need to do some other stuff. :p

9. Citlali

Citlali Well-Known Member

Nooo Alec Baldwin? Again?:blah:

10. Allskate

Wait. Jim Parson wasn't even nominated for a SAG?

Heh. Betty White just beat out both Jane Lynch and Sofia Vergara. Betty's a hoot.

11. Citlali

Citlali Well-Known Member

Modern Family :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

12. a56

a56 New Member

Alec Baldwin won his *fifth* consecutive SAG Award for Male Actor in a Comedy Series. :scream: :rolleyes: :scream:

Also, Julianna Margulies won her *fourth* SAG Award for Female Actor in a Drama Series (two she won in the 1990's for ER, last year and this year for "The Good Wife").

:yawn: It would be nice if they spread it out a little. Limit one SAG per actor. At least Melissa Leo, Steve Buscemi, and Betty White are first time winners.

13. LuckyCharm

They both won. Meh.;)

14. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I think The Social Network is no longer the favorite for Best Picture. No movie wins the Producer's Guild, Director's Guild, and Screen Actor's Guild and loses the Oscar for Best Picture. Can anyone think of a time where a movie won all three and lost?

15. phoenixflamezzz

phoenixflamezzz New Member

yeah i'm eating my words now. TSN may have swept the critics' award, but TKS just trumped at the PGA, DGA, and SAG, and those are by far greater indicators of what will win at the oscars. did not see this coming. :D

16. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

I did! :) Somehow I had a gut feeling about it all along. (Not that I've seen any of the others yet -- darned Netflix says I can't have TSN for another week!)

17. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Hmm - let's see - a movie about Facebook or a movie about the King of England overcoming a speech impediment while shepherding his country through World War II. I'm thinking the Social Network people won't be Oscar polishing. :lol:

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  18. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

19. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

This year's awards seem pretty consistent, which means the Oscars will be predictable again.

I was happy to see Melissa Leo win the best supporting actress. She deserved it. I still don't see her as the Oscar front running though. Hailee might win the Oscar, though I hope she won't. I have a problem with her being nominated as a supporting actress.

The Kings speech is officially the front runner now for best picture. Earlier it seemed the Social Network may beat it, but the SAG award is often a better indicator of the Oscars.

20. screech

screech Well-Known Member

It amused me that TKS won for ensemble acting when just one actor won, whereas two won for The Fighter. Technically, wouldn't that mean that The Fighter's cast was a bit better?

I was kind of disappointed that Natalie Portman was so coherent tonight. We didn't get any babble about her director causing her to get really skinny and indirectly causing her to get fat, or about how her fiance really wanted to have sex with her... boo!

And what the hell, Jesus Bale is gone!

21. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

She's stunning and that dress :swoon:

I may or may not have a mild girlcrush on Mila :shuffle:

The other looks on the other hand...I like Lea Michele's dress, but not her hair or shoes. I normally love how Dianna Agron looks, but this time she looks like she's going to prom. Jennifer Lawrence was tragic. Nicole Kidman's dress is so wrong I don't know where to start. January Jones just tries too hard.

I also thought Amber Riley looked stunning. She doesn't have the easiest body type to dress, but she tends to always look gorgeous. Julianna Margulies was simple but so elegant.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  22. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I'm gay and I have a crush on Mila! I always have, since her days on That 70's Show.

:swoon:

oleada and (deleted member) like this.
  23. Michalle

Michalle New Member

Elena Ilinykh and Mila Kunis could be twins! It's ridiculous. Maybe they wouldn't look as alike if I saw them side by side, but when just seeing a picture or one or the other, they seem practically identical!

24. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I like Natalie Portman's column dress but more room should have been allowed for the baby bump. Love her hair and make up.
    Not sure why everyone is going ooh aah over Mila's dress--may be it looks better on TV? Her hair looks pretty.

Like the looks of Hillary Swank, Amy Adams and Sofia Vergara. Dislike Jane Lynch, Kim Kardashian, Nicole Kidman, Jennifer Lawrence and Le Gasp! Helena Bonham Carter.

We'd all die of shock if HBC showed up looking decent just once.

25. Stefanie

Stefanie Well-Known Member

I loved Claire Danes's dress! :)

26. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Compared to the Golden Globes, I thought HBC looked halfway decent. :) The hair could have been a little neater, but at least this time it looks like she made an effort.

27. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Anyone dissing Alec Baldwin winning awards is obviously NOT watching 30 Rock. He has been and is perfection in his role. The expert farce writing and supporting cast are excellent, but the show is nothing without AB (and the Jack/Liz relationship).

I'm sure that the other guys are terrific in their roles as well, but if they're better than Baldwin -- they're beyond perfect, and I should be watching those shows!

Speaking of 30 Rock: It's not chatted about here much (sigh, I've failed to keep threads alive on it), but it's having an amazing season. Huge recovery from what seemed to be the beginning of the end season, last season.

And, Tina Fey looked terrific in her red strapless number, last night.

28. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

:cheer2: for modern family winning the best comedy ensemble. They really, really are.

29. Allskate

No. It's not just based on the nominees. It's the ensemble. Plus, TKS won in lead actor whereas The Fighter won in supporting roles and their lead actor didn't even get a nomination. Honestly, I think you could make a case for either one. Colin Firth, Geoffrey Rush, and Helena Bonham Carter really were fabulous, and I think the rest of the supporting cast probably was stronger than their counterparts in The Fighter. But, definitely kudos to Bale, Leo, and Adams.

30. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Great dress and she is stunning but ... holy unfortunate photo composition, batman, the velvet ropes in the background look like some bizzare belt or body chains!