2011 Off-Season - All the Changes

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Ziggy, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

The vast majority of skaters just stop competing without making any formal announcements.

I guess that is because they want to keep their options open.

And unless I was a massively huge star, it would feel somehow silly to officially announce that I wasn't skating competitively any more.

2. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

I like Otar's skating. Too bad if he is retiring - is he coming back to the US or is he going back home, I wonder. I wish him the best in whatever he does next.

3. lay'dback

lay'dback New Member

Jenna listed at IJS with Simon & Debbie Briggs so I guess thats her sorted for this season?

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  4. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

What's happening with John? What about Melissa Bulanhagui?

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

If the retirement rumour is indeed true, I imagine he's going to stay in the US. He's Sinead Kerr's boyfriend, isn't he?

I remember reading about John having had some business success in the past so I would imagine he's going to continue with that (anybody knows more details?).

Melissa Bulanghui plans to compete next season, from what I know. And a lot of us are hoping for a Skate America open spot for her, or at least another Senior B.

6. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Any competition photos of Kayla and her new Partner yet?

7. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

When did Kaliegh Hole Split? What happened?

8. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Are there any other Freestyle Retirements in the Ladies?

9. Imperfect Edge

Imperfect Edge New Member

New (I think) Junior British pair: Shelley Thomson & Rhys Brown, entered at Junior level for Sheffield IJS (performance squad monitoring event). Also Joseph Buckland (previous JGP competitor with Danielle Bennett) is competing with Olivia Smart at the same event (dance). Remains to be seen whether either will be selected for JGP competitions.

10. Proustable

Proustable New Member

He retired to go to school.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

That needs to be updated.

Kaela Pflumm and Matteo Guarise have split recently (before they've even competed once ;P) and Matteo Guarise is reported to be having a tryout with Caitlin Yankowskas.

After the end of last season. He retired, she's going to focus on single skating.

Nothing we know about.

12. TDsk8

TDsk8 New Member

Melissa - she will be competing this upcoming season. More exciting news to be revealed mid-October :)

13. icellist

icellist Member

i'm guessing that Mellisa Bulanhagui got Finlandia. This should probably go in a different thread but has anyone heard anything about Kristine Musademba, Kristiene Gong, Ellie Kawamura, and Amanda Dobbs?

I think Musademba was injured but that was a long time ago. I remember a post about Gong quitting which is very said, but I'd like a confirmation on this one. According to her twitter, Kawamura is still skating, but is there any news? Same thing with Amanda Dobbs, any news about her recovery and singles/pairs? I hope either Kawamura or Dobbs get a Finlandia spot too!

14. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

I've replied to you in the general US ladies thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3280459#post3280459

Re. Musademba, scroll up to Ziggy's post (#121) at the top of this page.

15. jlai

jlai Title-less

Crushed about Musademba. She was so promising just two seasons ago... :fragile:

16. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

like so many us female juniors....

17. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Melissa got what?

18. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Finlandia (Finlandia Trophy) is a senior B competition that will take place from October 6-9 in Vantaa, Finland. Ladies, Men, and Ice Dancer will compete.